breathless

shebot

hi all,
so I'm about 10 1/2 weeks now, and starting to feel a little better. I have kept up with running twice a week, but up until now have eliminated weight lifting. This morning I did a full body workout,,,squats, lunges, bis tris, etc, and lifted lighter weight than I have in the past, because it's been about a month. I was extremely breathless throughout most of it, and after doing shoulder presses I felt sick to my stomach. I didn't feel like I was pushing myself too hard, and I had eaten breakfast beforehand too. Is this normal? I've read that during pregnancy your heart rate increases, could this be why? I felt so crappy after I'm kind of scared to try it again. I think next time I'll just do her gym style series that's more focused on a smaller area. Anyone else experienced this?
shell

I think due to blood volume increasing you have more blood to oxygenate? I haven't worked out in over a month so I'm actually jealous lol! I'm just now starting to feel alive again and almost to the point I could workout. I can't wait. I'm sure I'll be a bit breathless too. I remember working out my whole pregnancy without too much trouble last time though so maybe its an early pregnancy thing? When I was last working out I remember feeling that way. hope someone else will chime in. I'm 13 wks now.

I'm with you!

I'm in my 13th week (12 weeks 3 days) and I'm still going hardcore for maintenance, but not for improving. I found myself very tired some days, but still managed to do something, even if it was a lighter step day or lighter weights. I'm not lifting as heavy, but focusing on higher reps (12-20). I usually try to lift as heavy as possible (6-10 reps). Before becoming pregnant, the only way I could really get my heart rate up was interval training, but now it's a little easier to get out of breath. I'm sure it will get worse as the baby grows and I cannot fill my diaphram completely.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.