Breast Implants

RE: Mammogram results?

Woops! I didn't think I looked "so bad" until I noticed I look like everyone's "before" pictures. I really shouldn't have spent 30 minutes doing that. It's lead me to believe I should consider it.

Julie

Hmmmm . . . looks like I'm the only one who went the opposite route. Got my boulder boobs reduced about 10 years ago. Never cared for them -- found they made me look frumpy and waistless. (Recovery was relatively easy, though, because I was doing upper-body weight training at the gym. Didn't even get so much as a pain relief prescription from my Dr. -- guess he figgered I didn't need it.)

Then (as Homer Simpson would say "Doh!!!") I lost 40+ lbs and lost even more of my boobies. Now I'm flat as a board and my sisters tell me my nipples are in the wrong place -- too far north!! Funny thing is, I don't really care! They could be on my butt (too far south-west -- or is it east?) for all I care. My breasts stay in place and it's great not having to wear a bra.

But if you think implants will make you feel better, I say go for it, find your bliss. I found mine!

Patricia, Boobless in Toronto

Hi Patricia,
I need & would kill for a reduction myself. Could you tell me a little more about your experience?
If you would prefer, you can email me privately at [email protected].
Thanks so much.
Ruth :)

Hi guys. I usually just lurk... but since I remember looking for advice in this area, I thought I'd chime in. I'm 30 and had breast implants, over the muscle, nearly 3 years ago. I decided on the implants after my 3rd child was born, and actually had the surgery when he was 6 weeks old. I do not regret my decision. I was a 36b, which after the 3 babies I felt BLAH!!! I am now 36c. The implants are not hard, are very natural looking, and I can forget sometimes that I ever had surgery. I lift weights pretty heavy, play basketball, run and all that and have had no problems. I actually began to jog about 2 1/2 weeks after surgery, and was pain free after only 1 day. You can't even see my scars...they have come up with some really interesting techniques now that minimize the scars and pain. Mine cost around $4000 but have a lifetime guarantee. So I guess that's about all. Hope this helps!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-02 AT 10:32PM (Est)[/font][p]Gosh we all are SO different!

I'm small and LOVE it. I am an A but think I"m just the right size for the rest of me. I have friends when they run that have to wear 2 sports bras etc - UGH!
Another benefit is I can wear clothes that are lower cut and it never looks like I'm being sleazy!
I just love wearing x-small - I know I shouldn't be size focused but oh well!

Funny it's one part of my body I'm really happy with guess it fits with being pettite!

Think its great we are all so different on this!

You had yours OVER the muscle,instead of under? Is that why you recovered so quickly? And you got a lifetime guarantee,too?What exactly does that cover?Could you maybe email me,if you are okay with that? I would love to hear more about your experience - Ally

Hi Ally- sure I'll e-mail you...just leave me your address. Either here or you can e-mail me at Crysgee@aol. Yes I had mine over the muscle, and this absolutely contributed to my quick and much less painful recovery. I had done some research, and had a couple of friends who knew people who had this procedure done, and without a doubt the under the muscle kind took longer to recover from and was quite painful for at least a week. Having said that, there are positive and negatives to both over and under. I think a lot of it has to do with who you speak with, even the doctors. Some doctors prefer doing a surgery a certain way and then talk it up a bit. With me, an aquaintance of mine, who I would see at the gym (we both are trainers) commented on how happy she was with her surgery. I asked questions and a client of hers also had the same surgery from the same doctor and was really pleased as well. I went from there. I was really nervous and kept saying "Do I need this?" Well, need perhaps not. But I don't regret it for a second. So get in touch if you have any questions...I usually log on to Cathe when the gang is asleep! Ahhh peace and quiet and Cathe...gotta love that!

Wow, I'm glad I went to that web site. I am very small, an A-cup. Going to this site just made me glad I never did anything about it. Talk about unnatural looking! I also have 2 daughters, and wonder what kind of message it sends to them--that this is so important that you would risk surgery? NOT!

Oh..I dunno. I think most of them look a heck of a lot better after surgery. I personally would feel guilty spending 4K on my boobs when really they are basically hidden from view almost all the time. I can always fake it with a couple pairs of socks if I really want to look "perfect" for a big occasion.

Also, I could use 4K for my daughter's college costs, my own retirement fund, charities, 4 nice vacations...so for me the cost/benefit is to not do it. But I don't deny that the afters look a lot better than the befores. If it was cheaper or I had a lot more money, I'd probably do it myself. After all, Cathe can't help my golf-ball-in-a-sock booblets. My body looks pretty good, as long as I keep the booblicules hidden from view. Fortunately, given current legal standards and winter weather, that's easy to do.

Firmbogie, I agree with you. I looked at about a dozen of the before-and-after photos, and the majority of them looked like they had Karen Voight's green genies stuck into their chests! Some of them did look more natural, but you'd never know if you'd be one of them until you had the operation done, then it would be too late.

Mogambo, too funny! I agree, for $4000, I can think of about a million things I'd rather do. It's just so sad that women feel such pressure to have the "perfect" body.

Yeah... but if you think about it, that's money that'll just go someplace else. Where as if you spend it on yourself, it goes to you. Not a new car, not a kitchen or bathroom or some other expense. Women do feel lots of pressure that's true, but most of the time, how many of us really spend money on ourselves when it comes to things that'll make us happy? A man will go and spend 5-10 k on a TV.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.