bootcamp

judilicious

I did it. Cathe was right. It was hard but not impossible. I feel so accomplished and thoroughly worked out. If only I can get my body to stop looking for it's reward. To be specific peanut butter cookies. How do I tell my body no after all that I just demanded from it. Does anyone else go crazy after a good workout?

Judy

YES!!! I haven't tried bootcamp twice (Huge High Five on accomplishing it Judy!!! I'm impressed!!) but when I've done what I consider a hard workout (the Viper, Gauntlet, Imax Extreme, etc..) , I am STARVED!
I don't have great advice for you because I struggle also. I'm hoping someone will answer your question though. I hate to blow my workout by eating poorly later in the day. One thing is I try to remind myself over and over how hard it was to do , and I might eat MORE, but TRY hard to eat smart!!! Easier said than done.......
One idea is, since your craving pb cookies, (I love pb too and it's a healthy protein, so I personally include it in my diet....) maybe have a pb smoothie......... or a pb sandwich (whole grain bread and natural peanut butter.....I like to also slice a banana on it) That's filling and might satisfy your craving.
I don't think I've helped you, but you definitely are not alone!!!
Congrats again on Bootcamp x2. Very Impressive!!!:eek:

Makes perfect sense, Judy. You probably burned a ton of calories, and you're body is hungry to replace all the glycogen (which comes from carbohydrates) you just burned out of your muscles. If you want to regenerate quickly, then eat something high in simple carbohydrates right after a hard workout. I personally drink a cup of orange juice and eat a healthy sandwich (lean protein and whole wheat bread) right after a workout. I then don't find myself craving the junk food later in the day.

Hope this helps,
Sandra

Hey, I did BC for the first time last night too. I experienced it exactly the same way. Tough, but not impossible, and it will only get better from here! I love the planks! I find the high impact pretty uncomfortable, but I am hoping that will get better too!

I need to buy that barbell!!!

Thanks for the helpful hints. I will try the oj. I was so desparate for something sweet after the work-out that I was afraid that I would have eaten the whole bag if I ever got started. I ended up eating frozen waffles and eggbeaters, only because I knew there would be syrup. I did at least have the low calorie version. Thank goodness.

Judy

Oh yes, and like Sandra, I find that if I feed it right away (I do well with any kind of protein - shake, egg whites, soybeans, Kashi cereal...) that I'm not ready to eat everything in sight later on. A peanut butter sandwich sounds like it might just satisfy that craving - and if you put it on whole wheat bread - it would be a good choice.

Congratulations! I love Boot Camp. I always eat breakfast right after I workout and be sure and have protein and carbohydrates. So lots of times I might have eggs and oatmeal or some other similar food that provide that balance. It squashes the cravings! :)
Jo

I think I'm weird or something - after I workout I tend to crave ... salads. I used to go running in the park near my home (before I moved from that location) and on the way out of the park I passed a hot dog and an ice cream vendor. Not interested. I would run straight to the veggie stand and buy salad. I almost could eat the lettuce right there in the store! Strange.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.