Xtrain Week 1

Day 1 Xtrain Chest, Back and Shoulders
Day 2 Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast
Day 3 Rest
Day 4 Rock out Knockout
Day 5 Xtrain Legs Barre only
Day 6 Xtrain All Out Low Impact Hiit Double floor premix
Day 7 Rest

I had lots of fun this week with XTRAIN. It's a great series and its been a while since I've used it. Right now I'm focusing on a 30 day rotation. With possibly completing the full 90 days. However, I'm taking it 30 days at a time. Since the new dvds will be out soon. I skipped the bis and tris workout. I'm concerned about my arms getting big. I don't like when my shirt sleeves get tight. Anyone with advice about this please share.

I must admit Xtrain is a bit exhausting. I was pretty fatigued. Definitely feeling DOMS in my chest, back and legs. Love cardio leg blast and I love that Cathe has a good stretch segment. I subbed Rockout Knockout for the xtrain kickboxing. Not sure why that one bothers my knees. Love Rockout Knockout. Next week I will do the full Leg routine, but I honestly was not filling it this week, I was tired. Really enjoyed the AOLIH- floor- serious sweat, more so than I remember. I guess you can tell --- I had fun. It's great visiting old series, I find something new and exciting and its a good shock for my body.

Also, I tried eating 1500 calories and that was way too low. I bumped up to 1800 calories and I'm not starving now. :))))

Svetlana- I told hubby I wanted some new dvds. He doesn't really say anything. He encourages my workouts and often watches me. He's a fan of Cathe. However, I still don't like to tell him. I was considering the downloads, but I'm not sure. Right now, I will probably only order To The Mat, Metabolic Total Body and Boot Camp. I will only get the others if the premixes are intriguing. I'm waiting to order in hopes the video clips will be out before the presale ends.

I saw the cutest workout outfits at Sam's Club, went back 2 days later and they were gone. Guess you have to grab things you like when you see them. Especially this time of year. :)))

Hope everyone is having a great workout week. Until next week.

Hello everyone! Only two more weeks of Meso 3 left and I will have completed my third round of STS! I can't believe it. I honestly thought ICE would be here by the end of STS and I could jump right into it but now I am afraid that will not be the case. :( Maybe I will do all of Cathe's Live classes while waiting. I am actually pretty excited about that.

Friday: P90X2 P.A.P. Upper + Core Fusion/Core 1; doubles: Element 5 Day Yoga/Stretch & Restore
Today: STS #38 Squat Rack Legs + Barbell hip thrusts 4x12 + Core Fusion/Pretzel segment

This morning really burned my glutes out. I felt almost crippled afterward, but they are fine now. I keep all of my workout cards from every time I do STS and since this is the 3rd time through, it is pretty cool to look at how much stronger I get each time through. I am lifting heavier than I did last time (I've only done Squat Rack Legs once--my first time through STS I only did Plyo Legs), plus the last time I used a weighted vest to increase my weight--this time I am lifting pure barbell and heavier than I did with barbell and vest combined. I can tell the difference, too. It actually feels heavier using barbell only w/out the vest. I went up to 70# for the hip thrusts this morning and I definitely felt the difference, but still doable. I might actually be able to get to 90# by the end.

Svetlana--I am very excited about signing up for Cathe's live streaming. Are you signed up for her live streaming?

Healing11--I always thing about doing another Xtrain rotation but I haven't yet. I oddly use the Xtrain stretches a lot.

Hello!

Yesterday was the treadmill. Today I worked out with my old friend, Muscle Max. Such a classic! I remember when I first got it all those years ago, I had such trouble with the ab section. I couldn't do the jackknifes! I had to leave one leg on the ground and only lift my top leg. Today I just had to smile when I breezed through them. :)

I just watched the ICE preview. It looks pretty cool to me! I'm obviously just judging from a clip, but it looks similar in intensity as RwH's Low Impact HIIT. But I guess I can't judge it till I actually do it. The blizzard blasts look like the choreography is what makes it harder! And the core segment does easy.

Yesterday was Element: Yoga for Stress Relief & Flexibility and this morning was STS # 31 Chest & Back. Planned doubles is X10 High/Low. Then I am off work the rest of the week! I'll still be working out tho, of course.

Tslop--12 sets of bench presses?!?! How many reps each set? That sounds like more than an endurance workout! Does not sound like fun to me! 4 sets of each exercise during STS this morning was plenty for me! But I guess in the end even that equals 32 sets. So maybe it's not such a big deal. The way you phrase it though just makes me think--BRUTAL!

Jodi--it is funny the things I remember being so hard for me. I try to return to some of the old workouts that used to kill me back in my pre-Cathe days and it seems kind of humorous now that they used to kill me. It's a great marker of how we continue to improve every day!

Hello Fellow Cathletes;)

Saturday: RwH Upper body + Glutes
Sunday: Rest
Today/Monday: IMAX3 + Abs consisting of 100 kneeling crunch and RwH Bonus core 1 doubled.
I have used the red cathe's tubing to do the kneeling crunches.

@tslop49 Tom are you trying to do something about hip arthritis? It is never too late to get fixed in those issues.

I just watched the ICE preview. It looks pretty cool to me! I'm obviously just judging from a clip, but it looks similar in intensity as RwH's Low Impact HIIT. But I guess I can't judge it till I actually do it. The blizzard blasts look like the choreography is what makes it harder! And the core segment does easy.

I have seen the clip. It hard to know for sure the element adding the intensity for those who want to. Viewing the clip it looks like Marlo is the modifier instead of Amanda.:eek::eek::oops:. Looking at blizzard, choreography are simple but what makes the intensity is the height of the step.
of course at this stage I am just speculating.:):). We shall wait and try it out to know.;);)

Last edited:
Jodi--it is funny the things I remember being so hard for me. I try to return to some of the old workouts that used to kill me back in my pre-Cathe days and it seems kind of humorous now that they used to kill me. It's a great marker of how we continue to improve every day!

It is a great valid marker Jen:):)

Yesterday was Element: Yoga for Stress Relief & Flexibility and this morning was STS # 31 Chest & Back. Planned doubles is X10 High/Low. Then I am off work the rest of the week! I'll still be working out tho, of course.

Tslop--12 sets of bench presses?!?! How many reps each set? That sounds like more than an endurance workout! Does not sound like fun to me! 4 sets of each exercise during STS this morning was plenty for me! But I guess in the end even that equals 32 sets. So maybe it's not such a big deal. The way you phrase it though just makes me think--BRUTAL!

Jen, I usually do short set going up in weight 4 to 5 rep sets, when it gets heavy maybe 1 to 3 rep range. When I got back down to 135, I did sets of 8x8x8x7. I did sets 4 sets of 8x8x8x7 On incline bench and used lighter dumbbells on inclined dumbbell bench and did long sets 13x12x 10x10. This seemed to give a lot of volume but not wearing me out before the heavier stuff!! Sts took me 90 min so I feel like I am getting off easy!!!

Hello Fellow Cathletes;)

Saturday: RwH Upper body + Glutes
Sunday: Rest
Today/Monday: IMAX3 + Abs consisting of 100 kneeling crunch and RwH Bonus core 1 doubled.
I have used the red cathe's tubing to do the kneeling crunches.

@tslop49 Tom are you trying to do something about hip arthritis? It is never too late to get fixed in those issues.

I have seen the clip. It hard to know for sure the element adding the intensity for those who want to. Viewing the clip it looks like Marlo is the modifier instead of Amanda.:eek::eek::oops:. Looking at blizzard, choreography are simple but what makes the intensity is the height of the step.
of course at this stage I am just speculating.:):). We shall wait and try it out to know.;);)
Hi Nathalie, I, to this point, just live with it. Some day will probably bring new ones, but no hurry here!! Thanks

I must admit Xtrain is a bit exhausting. I was pretty fatigued. Definitely feeling DOMS in my chest, back and legs. Love cardio leg blast and I love that Cathe has a good stretch segment. I subbed Rockout Knockout for the xtrain kickboxing. Not sure why that one bothers my knees. Love Rockout Knockout. Next week I will do the full Leg routine, but I honestly was not filling it this week, I was tired. Really enjoyed the AOLIH- floor- serious sweat, more so than I remember. I guess you can tell --- I had fun. It's great visiting old series, I find something new and exciting and its a good shock for my body.

Also, I tried eating 1500 calories and that was way too low. I bumped up to 1800 calories and I'm not starving now

@healing11

It is exhausting... RwH is also exhausting;);). Training intensively, fifteen hundreed kcal is low. I bet you can consume 1800-2000 and still
maintain. Do not be afraid to eat. Trust me meal planning does feel daunting sometimes, to me.:(:(
Soon I will be done with meso 1 and I can not wait for more excitement doing meso 2--- It is more fun, I love triset

Today was back day and due to some tendonitis I decided to do some different lifts. I did 8 sets of bent over barbell rows, 6 sets of dumbbell pullovers, 3 sets of RDLs, finishing with a long set of seated knee to chests. Seemed more elbow friendly than all the pullups I have been doing, so hopefully can give em a rest!! Have a great Tuesday all!!

Hi Everyone,

Today was STS#11 Back and Triceps. I had a great workout.

Jodi I saw your Q&A about chiseled lower body on facebook. It was a good question.CLB2 is going to be the first I am going to I know it is a high rep. I am looking forward to discovering the content. I am excited about the core bonuses. I prefer weighted abs/core but I need
to mix up to avoid boredom.

Tom: Hope your elbows get better promptly. Today was also a back day for me. I love barbell rows. I need to do it more often.
When I do it often I gain thickness in my back. I feel I need to utilise more my potential. I need to make more of it!

Ladies and Tom, with anticipation, I am wishing you all a happy thanksgiving. You are probably in the middle of preparation for this festive weekend.

Kind Regards to you all:):)

Last edited:
Hello!

Yesterday I did the 30/30 workout from the HiiT DVD and three segments from PB's Tone in 10. Just as with 40/20, I think that was only the second time I've ever done 30/30. I'd say it's the easiest of the three but by no means easy. I definitely will not neglect it so much in the future. One of the segments from PB was that super tough Thighs & Abs one. Not any easier the second time...my thighs were on fire!

Today I did Athletic Trainng. Love this one yet it's been ages since I've done it. Such a fun and varied workout!

For those celebrating Thanksgiving, are there any big plans in the mix? Hubby and I are keeping it simple, just dinner for the two of us and then we may go visit his family later on. Looking forward to the feast!

Today was a crazy w/o for me! I decided to do a 100 rep lower bodyweight challenge and 50 rep upper body challenge..and it was! Started with BW squats 2x50 single calf raises 2x50 rear leg lifts 2x50 and double calf raise 1x100,. Next was upper body I kept weights light and did sets of 25. Bench 100# x25 x25 Barbell curl 50# x25 x25 ohp 50# x25 x25 and skullcrushers (barbell) 50# x25 (1 set..fried!!) Long sets were different for me but it was amazing that all of these were equally hard with curls and ohp and skullcrushers being exactly 1/2 the load of of bench?? I finished with ab wheel roll outs 2x25 and tris were really shot!!Hope you Yanks have a great Thanksgiving and everyone else a safe and fruitful weekend!!!

Today I got off work a little early for the holiday so I did:

RWH Low Impact HiiT 2
RWH Bonus Abs 1
Seat & Abs segment from PB's Tone in 10
P57's Advanced Express 30-minute Full Body Workout (brutal!)

May sound like a lot but it was about 90 minutes total.

I'm getting more and more excited about ICE with every new clip! Nathalie, I liked your question to Cathe today. With the structure of the Muscle Meltdown bonuses, I think a Leg one would have been great.

Hi buddies and belated happy Thanksgiving to who celebrates it!

I'm getting even more excited about the ICE series. The clips look cheery and fun with nice music.I'm having a tough time withstanding the current Sale offers.
Low Impact Sweat does not look easier than RWH Low Impact HIIT or Xtrain AOLIH. :) And it has the 20-min Back meltdown. I want it!
I hesitate between ordering RWH LIHI Legs DVD (as a Deal of the Day) + preorder ICE Low Impact Sweat & Metabolic Total Body. Totals 53 USD and double shipping. I wish I didn't reach my spending limit...
Or I can purchase downloads of RWH LIHI Legs, STS Plyo Legs Disc 32, CLX Kickbox and Ab Hits Segment #12 all for 24 USD.

Jen - I don't subscribe for Cathe Live . I'm waiting for your reviews & for faster internet connection ;)
Nathalie - Marlo seems to take it easier sometimes, i.e. she doesn't go all out in Cardio Leg Blast. I have no problem with that just sayin'
Healing11 - I wish my husband were a Cathe fan. She would whip him in shape :) He lost a lot of weight lately and the skin got loose. Alas, he thinks my workouts are "girly". He is not motivated to train by himself either. Yet ;)
Tom - How to motivate a guy to begin his fitness journey? Do you think only a guy can convince another guy to workout?

My check-in:
Saturday - MMA Boxing , Hard Strikes (cardio only) Doubles - Paul Katami Kettlebell Drills
Sunday - STS Plyo Legs (disc 26) STS Abs (ball) Doubles - Step w/o from Cathe's Low Impact Step & Total Body Sculpting
Monday - Tabatasize, part of Yoga Relax Doubles - Ilaria Montagnani Powerstrike 6
Tuesday - Breathless Body #1 (2 tabatas), Cardio Supersets Doubles - KCM Your Healthy Back (I have a new KCM which I love!) I appreciate Kelly made a workout for spinal health. It made my lower back feel good.
Wednesday - Shock Cardio HIIT (Double Wave Pyramid), KCM Body Shop (compound moves) Doubles - Your Healthy Back
Yesterday - The shoulders & back segments from Muscle Max , Muscle Endurance, STS TB, High Reps Doubles - Ilaria Montagnani's Push Ups & Abs
Today - Imax 2 Doubles - whatever I feel like doing

I hope you all are doing great. Enjoy your weekend.

Last edited:
Jen - I don't subscribe for Cathe Live . I'm waiting for your reviews & for faster internet connection ;)
Nathalie - Marlo seems to take it easier sometimes, i.e. she doesn't go all out in Cardio Leg Blast. I have no problem with that just sayin'
Healing11 - I wish my husband were a Cathe fan. She would whip him in shape :) He lost a lot of weight lately and the skin got loose. Alas, he thinks my workouts are "girly". He is not motivated to train by himself either. Yet ;)
Tom - How to motivate a guy to begin his fitness journey? Do you think only a guy can convince another guy to workout?

Good question to Tom Svetlana, I can not wait to read what Tom has to say about this. Tom please enlight me on this. I need some strategy on how to persuade/convince a blokes/man/gent to join a consistent cathlete journey:p:p:):). I would love to read your long post on this;):p

As to Marlo, She is in shape. I just notice during the end of low impact ICE clip, she was not as dynamic as in the beginning.
I am under the impression she takes it easy during step drill requiring coordination. Just an observation. That said I have
just noticed;);). She does not take it easy when she is pumping though;)

I have a sore throat and an annoying dry cough right now but will get some workout in later during the day.

Oh RwH LIHI Legs--- is great. I love it.It is very challenging in different way. It is a high rep but relatively HEAVY.
well for a plie I managed to increase the weight i.e heavier the filming load --- Just to gauge!

Kind Regards,

Last edited:
Svetlana and Nathalie...good question!! Probably varies. Svetlana, how old is your husband? Several things can effect us guys and decrease motivation. Depression, and frequently low testosterone levels can really make it tough for some guys to get off the couch!!! Poor health can also be a deterrent ( that one is pretty obvious!!) For me, after getting polymyositis, I wanted to be strong enough to finish my career and provide for my family. Guys can motivate guys by being competitive, but if he feels really out is shape, that may seem daunting!! For me, and this sounds strange, I am more motivated by the ladies of these forums doing incredible w/o's and me just trying to keep up!! Like your husband, I have ZERO INTEREST in dancy stuff and only weights or bodyweight things. If he was an athlete, that helps cause he has been there, done that!! Maybe if you beat him in armwrestling, that will do it!! ( would make me grab a barbell, but sure some of the catheletes could!!) I feel terrible when I miss a w/o, but that may be another " mental health " issue!! He would feel much better, but I would guide him toward "manly" type w/os lol!! Good luck!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.