Body Wraps?

Kathy191

Has anyone tried any kind of a body wrap and if so, what type of results have you had and how long does it last?

I did a clay body wrap a few months ago. According to their measurements, I lost 13.5 inches over the course of the hour. I could hardly tell a difference, though. My clothes didn't feel any different and I think it came back within 24 hours, after I drank some water. The attendant said the inches would definitely come back within 3 days.

Overall, it was a really humiliating experience. Standing there naked while a 20-year-old marks me up with a marker, then measures me, and then after getting wrapped and hanging out in a space suit for an hour, having to do all the measurements again, this time cold and wet. Not exactly the relaxing spa experience I was hoping for.

Mel

Awful, expensive, ridiculous load of bollocks! I have had this done. It does nothing. It's uncomfortable and a total waste of time. Get a massage. You won't lose inches but you will be so relaxed.....you won't care!

jes:7

I have a coworker whose sister just went through her cosmetology and massage certifications. My coworker had a body wrap done and she said it was very nice. The weight loss is temporary, but the effects of what is put on you helps to draw toxins out.

Personally, I think the sweating I do while exercising definitely keeps the toxins flowing and "cleanses" my skin. I have recently opted for facials to help preserve the clear appearance of my face and also since it is soooo relaxing.

Of course I have also started using new products on my face and it feels much better too.

I would summarize to say that these treatments are expensive, not always necessary, but if you receive a benefit (cleaner skin, fewer toxins, relaxation) and can afford it - GO FOR IT ! ! !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.