Body Type Quiz

I know. It is confusing. I guess if what you are doing is working and you enjoy it, then continue.

Crystal

>This quiz looks like it is aimed at sedentary people.

It's based on a book called Escape Your Shape. It isn't aimed at sedentary people. The author advocates exercising based on your body type. He contends that certain types of aerobic and/or strength training routines are better for your body type than others. For example, I'm a spoon. He recommends that I should be doing exercise like jumping rope, slow jogging, fast walking, cycling at high speeds (low resistance) and avoid high impact aerobics and strength training which would bulk up my lower body.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...-guru-20/103-8879877-1315801?v=glance&s=books

This maybe different program than what a person is used to. However, I thought I would point out another training philosophy to those who maybe looking for an alternative if their current program doesn't seem to be working for them.

Crystal

Thanks for the information.

I have been basically following the guidelines listed lately. I feel that I am either a spoon or an hourglass according to that website. I have seen really good results. I have been concentrating on pilates, yoga, spinning, and high rep/low weights workouts. I have lost an inch off the waist, hips and each thigh. I have also noticed a debulking going on in my lower body (and other people have noticed as well).

I guess I am on the right track,

Sheila C.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.