Body Max 2 Premix Suggestions?

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
We should finish the editing of all 4 workouts by the end of this week and we hope to start the authoring of the DVDs starting next week. We’re planning on having around 3 to 4 premixes for each workout and we would like your input and help in choosing and designing the Premixes. We already have several ideas of our own for the premixes, but would like to hear your input too. We’ve listed the chapter points from Body Max 2 below. With a premix you can change the order of the chapters points, eliminate chapter points or double up on chapter points. Please keep in mind that you can only use video and Bonus footage from the Body Max 2 workout for premixes on this DVD. Please only post your suggestions for the Body Max 2 premixes on this thread. We will have other threads for the premixes for the other DVDs.

Please visit our Blog for a sample premix for Body Max 2.

Body Max 2 Chapter Points:

Step Warm Up

Step routine (approx 30 minutes):

Step Combo #1
Step Combo #2
Step Combo # 3

Power Circuit Segment:

Circuit # 1: Cardio Step
Cardio Blast
Leg Conditioning Exercise

Circuit # 2: Cardio Step
Cardio Blast

Circuit # 3: Cardio Step
Cardio Blast

Circuit # 4: Cardio Step
Cardio Blast

Upper Body Weights (each exercise will have its own chapter point)

Abs/Core

Stretch

Cathe also filmed a specialBonus Combo just for this DVD which includes just the finished product from Combo's 1,2 and 3

Bonus of Combo one through three strung together (about 6 min)

Hey Cathe,
how about:
total body (no cardio)
cardio only
cardio and blasts only
Thanks so much for asking!!!!:)
Deanie:)

How about a premix that's a Cardio Blast and Leg Conditioning Exercise back to back until the w/o is at least 35 minutes (not including wu and cd).
Susan C.M.

I'd like to see an Upper Body and Leg Conditioning Circuit. Depending on how long the upper body segments maybe you can repeat them twice before doing the leg conditioning. This would lower the heart rate some but I was thinking of this being primarily a strength training workout.

Another premix could be a Bootcamp 2 premix, alternating cardio, upper, lower.

As this is a 90 minutes workout, I would like a premix that is about 30 to 45 minutes in length but that is also a total body workout.

A sample premix could be
Step Warm UP
Step Combo 1
Power Circuit 1
Some Upper Body (not sure how the upper body breaks down, but if each upper body part has two or more exercise, then include one exercise per upper body part in the premix)
Abs Core
Stretch

I really like the suggested premix on your blog.
I'd also really like the following:
WU
Step Combo 1
Leg conditioning 1
Step Combo 2
Leg conditioning 2
Step Combo 3
Leg conditioning 3
Bonus step footage
Leg conditioning 4
Upper Body
Abs

Thanks for asking!
Tracy

A premix combining leg conditioning followed by cardio blast (to make a 'weights followed by plyos' workout)

Cardio only (with warm-up and stretch)

Weights only (with warm-up and stretch)

(Each including whatever bonus footage you filmed that is appropriate)

I really like all the suggestions so far. The more premixes, the better as we are not always into doing the workout as-is.

Thank you for your consideration.

runathon

I'd love to see STEP WARM UP, then UPPER BODY W/WGTS AND ABS/CORE premix.

I'm always looking for a good upper body workout.

rose2boys

Keep smiling & sweating!

I never have 90 minutes and usually don't have 60 minutes so premixes that are 30-45 minutes would be fantastic for me! Since this is 90 minutes, I don't think you need a longer premix. Without knowing the time breakdown it is hard to make exact suggestions. I prefer total body workouts but will do a 2 day split. I usually do cardio separate from strength.

Nice to see details so now I can get excited.

Premix #1
The premix you have outlined in your blog rocks!!!
----------
Premix #2
Upper body/cardio circuit premix:

Warm up
Step section 1
Chest
Back
Step section 2
Tris
Bis
Step section 3
Shoulders
Abs
Stretch
-----------
Premix #3
Cardio/lower body circuit:

Warm up
Step #1 from circuit segment
Blast #1
Blast #2
Lower body weight work #1
Step #2 from circuit segment
Blast #2
Blast #3
Lower body weight work #2
Step #3 from circuit segment
Blast #3
Blast #1
Lower body weight work #3
Stretch
-----------
Premix #4:
Upper body 2x’s premix

Warm up
Upper body work with each chapter done twice
Abs
Stretch

Hmmmm. Too many possibilities...

Total body premix alternating leg conditioning exercises with upper body weights and abs/core at the end, or all leg conditioning exercises together followed by all upper body with abs/core at the end.

Bootcamp-type premix alternating cardio, leg conditioning exercise, and upper body with abs/core at the end.

I like all the other suggestions too, but it'd be great if each premix does have warm-up and cool-down.

Thanks!
Melissa

>Hey Cathe,
>how about:
>total body (no cardio)
>cardio only
>cardio and blasts only
>Thanks so much for asking!!!!:)
>Deanie:)

I second that! :)

I would like a premix that includes only the leg conditioning exercises, followed by cardio blasts and ending with abs/core.

Also a premix with just upper body work would be good.

For those "intermediate" kind of days, how about a "Cardio & Weights 2":

Warm up;
Step segment 1
upper body
Step segment 2
upper body
Step segment 3
upper body
Bonus step combo
upper body
core
cool-down/stretch

Sandra

hi cathe, I'd like to see a combo for toning only. warm up followed by all the leg conditioning drills and then the upper body weights,abs and stretch. }( whatever you do though i can't wait all 4 look great! fiona

Premix #1
Love the premix used in your sample premix!

Premix #2
Cardio & Weights type premix as suggested by Jellybean & Sandra....step combo, followed by upper body, another step combo, etc.

Premix #3
Warm-up
Step Combo #1
Power circuit step #1
Cardio Blast #1
Step combo #2
Power circuit step #2
Cardio Blast #2
Step combo #3
Power circuit step #3
Cardio Blast #3
Bonus step combo
Power Circuit step #4
Cardio Blast #4
Stretch

Premix #4
Premix alternating cardio blasts with leg conditioning & upper body circuit type workout

Oh my gosh! There are so many good suggestions!

I really like the idea of another Boot Camp-style workout that is about 60-70 mins in length. I'd love to work out for 90 mins, but on most days, that's just not possible. I also like cardio only and weights only premixes. They all sound good to me!

I'd love a cardio only and a weights only, making 2 shorter, but still intense workouts for those of us who don't have the full 90 min.

Maggie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.