Blog Update ~ Wow!

nancytucaz

Cathlete
I can't believe I might be the first to post about this. What a lot of changes, improvements, and increased functionality coming our way.

This is going to be SO GREAT......Can't wait!!!

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..•´ -:¦:- Terri
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´*

SNM,

The new festures look like they merge social networking best practises with really innvative fitness-oriented features.

Great job.

~* Vrinda *~

Whoot!! This stuff is making my head spin. The phrase 'My Cathe Space' sounds so cool. Almost can't contain myself (but will try ;-))

The Workout Manager in particular, looks AMAZING! I don't think I'll have time to do STS as I'll be having too much fun playing with the calendar! LOL! I may be asking for the moon, but is it possible to have average calorie burn for Cathe's workouts included in the calendar section? I know calories expended varies by person based on age, wt, fitness level, etc. but just an approximation? TIA and thanks for posting the update!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

The workout manager automatically calculates the calories burned for every Cathe workout based on your sex, body weight and height.

I am overwhelmed and amazed with the new software!!!:7 :7
All I can say is WOW!!!:7 :7 :7

Thanks Cathe and SNM!!!
Deanie

pure motivation

Holy Smokes!!! What an ambitious plan!!! I can't wait-all of the additions sound so motivating...I just CAN'T WAIT!!! thanks for all the hard work!
julie :7

>The workout manager automatically calculates the calories
>burned for every Cathe workout based on your sex, body weight
>and height.

No way! Yes way! I cannot believe it. Okay, I've officially died and gone to heaven! The only thing I love more than planning rotations (as opposed to DOING them :)) is calculating hypothetical calorie burned stats (again, as opposed to actually BURNING them :p). I'm over the moon...Thanks SNM!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

RE: pure motivation

I have ADD and I have trouble tracking left brain thinking. Figuring out extremely detailed mathematical type information or something that is too complicated is my idea of "****". :) but I did preorder the STS series. After reading the new update I'm starting to get scared of the tracking,logging,social networking,blogging,etc. Will I be able to do this? I'm overwhelmed by all of the options that come with the program.In the past all I had to do was buy the DVD, get the equipment and follow the DVD. Simple. Easy.
I trust that all of this information will make sense to me once everything is up and running. Can you tell I'm not part of the 21st Century? As they say on BBC America's Torchwood, "the 21st Centuries when everything happens. You better be ready". Well I'm not sure I am. However, the nutrition part of STS intrigues me. I've no trouble exercising regularly but I need a tool and support system to help keep me focused on nutrition and weight loss. Especially one that works with advanced exercisers. When I talk to someone about my weight loss struggles they suggest I exercise. I suggest they try a month of Cathe workouts and then tell me if I exercise or not.
I will be signing up for the nutrition program as well. Sigh.
If I hadn't done your workouts for years and learned to trust what you produce Cathe, I would be running for the hills. Figuratively and literally.
Colleen

You can do STS the same way you currently do any of your workouts. You don’t have to take a 1RM test and you don’t have to print a workout card or even record your results. These are all options that will help you get “Better” results, but are not required to do the STS program.

Currently, when you do a workout you grab a dumbbell or load a barbell to what your previous lifting experience tells you will be doable or you simply take a wild guess. A 1RM test simply eliminates the need to guess or even think about what weight you should use.

You can do STS without taking a 1RM test,like you currently do now with your other workouts, but research and our experience has shown that people will usually select a weight that is lighter than they should have used for an exercise. This means your results will not be as great as they could have been if you would have selected the correct weight.

You don’t need a PHD in Computer Science to use our online software. It really is very simple to use. We have designed everything to be quick and easy to use even by people with limited computer knowledge. If you do nothing else with our software we hope you take a 1RM test for as many exercises as possible. Whether you use this information for doing STS or any other workout you do, we think you will find that knowing the correct weight for any given rep range will make your workouts more enjoyable and beneficial to you.

HI Cathe,
I hope I don't seem like a whiner about all of this. I will face my fear and go to the next level. I will do the 1RM test at the very least.
I'm relieved to know STS won't be as hard as I feared.
Off to have dinner with DH & DS. Have a wonderful Sunday evening.
Colleen in Minneapolis.

>You can do STS the same way you currently do any of your
>workouts. You don’t have to take a 1RM test and you don’t have
>to print a workout card or even record your results. These are
>all options that will help you get “Better” results, but are
>not required to do the STS program.
>
>Currently, when you do a workout you grab a dumbbell or load a
>barbell to what your previous lifting experience tells you
>will be doable or you simply take a wild guess. A 1RM test
>simply eliminates the need to guess or even think about what
>weight you should use.
>
>You can do STS without taking a 1RM test,like you currently do
>now with your other workouts, but research and our experience
>has shown that people will usually select a weight that is
>lighter than they should have used for an exercise. This
>means your results will not be as great as they could have
>been if you would have selected the correct weight.
>

SNM,

Thank goodness for that! I wasn't planning on using 1RM for my workouts as I think I already know what my maximum is, and far from using a lighter weight I find that I tend to pick a weight that is too heavy. This is the reason I always liked to have Cathe as a guide because it takes the hassle of having to look at a piece of print out, which what I presume you would have to do for the 1RM test - you test yourself for each body part and then print out the results to which you refer to during your exercises, is that right?

I also find it, how can I describe it, motivating when Cathe does tell you how much weight she is lifting: I feel I am making progress when I have someone to compare to, rather than just me alone. It's just something I find is good to have when you workout alone. I don't know if you can understand it, but I hope others on the forum can and will chime in. I really hope Cathe would reconsider omitting this from her future workouts.

Yen

Just when I think cathedotcom can't get any better, it raises the bar even higher! I can hardly stand the wait. I am so glad to hear that the software is going to be easy to use as I was a bit nervous about that myself. Thanks for all you are doing to bring us such an amazing series!!! Good Luck as you continue to finish the final stages for us all.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

Okay. Now I'm am so psyched and ready for the STS to arrive. In a couple of months I'll have the perfect room to workout in as my husband and I are finishing the basement. We'll have a dedicated exercise room with a flat screen TV w/ DVD player mounted on the wall (IF it ever gets finished). I can just see myself working out with the STS system in the room. :7 :7 :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.