Bloating and frequent bathroom visits-when will it end???????

leighanntx1

Cathlete
This is driving me nuts. I am only 7 weeks along yet I am already bloating up so much that some of my pants are not fitting. I am sitting here with my pants undone at work! I am not constipated, I have suffered from IBS for years and take fiber supplements and eat food with fiber so that can not be it. Anyone know what is going on? No way I can already be showing yet. The baby should only be the size of a walnut :)

And the potty visits are driving me nuts as well. I am getting up 4 times a night and go all day at work.

I am trying to keep this quiet at work until after the 13th week but it is hard when I already look pregnant and spend half the day in the bathroom. Anyone know when this will end? Please don't tell me when the pregnancy is over :)

RE: Bloating and frequent bathroom visits-when will it ...

I remember being bloated right away myself...that did subside and then I was back to "normal" for a little while before I started actually gaining the pregnancy weight. I don't know why you are visiting the bathroom so often so soon but everyone is different. The pee thing doesn't end...it may not get worse...it may even improve for a time...but it won't go away until baby is born. Sorry!
lol The bloat should subside though...I was like that for about 2 weeks....

HTH. :)

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

Hi Leighanne,

Yay, I had early bloating, too. I'm not sure what causes it, but you are not alone. I usually started the day looking fairly normal, but by evening was too bloated for my clothes. I know your digestion slows down as soon as you get pregnant, so maybe it's just a matter of having more food in your stomach, waiting to be processed?

As for the frequent urination, in the first trimester the hormones in your system make you need to urinate frequently. It should decrease in the second trimester. In the third trimester the baby will be large enough to put pressure on your bladder (and every other organ!), which will again increase you need to urinate. If you're waking up that frequently at night, you might want to consider reducing your fluid intake after dinner?

Cheers,
Sandra

I thought I had read about the hormones in the first trimester but I never expected this. I do not drink anything after dinner, just a glass of water at dinner. I am actually thirsty before dinner but can not imagine how often I would get up if I drank something :)

As for the bloating, glad to hear it may not last forever. It is not even just by evening, it is all day. And I am not eating much although I know if digestion is slow, it will be slow no matter what is in my tummy. Nothing sounds or tastes good so it has been nothing but Cheerios or Honeycomb for weeks.

Thanks for the responses Wendy and Sandra. You both are so helpful as is everyone here!

i too bloated really quickly and had frequent urination. i thought i would be able to keep it a secret. when i have to go to the ladies room i have to let the backup person know as i answer the phones. so i was worried they would figure it out sooner than i wanted to. i also had to start wearing dh's shirts to hide my bulging belly. he wears a man's XL and i wear a women's small, so you can imagine how his shirts fit on me...LOL
if anyone noticed, noone said anything. i just informed my co. today i am pg...and i am 16 weeks along.

I am only 5 weeks along and don't really feel pg yet EXCEPT that I feel very bloated and need to pee a lot. Actually, I feel fat. I have been sticking with my exercise routine (figure I should take advantage of this time before the fatigue and possible nausea set in). And I am eating pretty healthy since I finally have a powerful motive to eat clean. Yet I feel so gross. x( I feel like my belly fat is spilling over onto my waistband and like my face looks chubby. I worry about this because it's obviously too early for pregnancy weight, so I must be bringing this extra weight INTO the pregnancy, so there's no excuse. I hope it's bloat, but would that make my face look fat? I hate that I am thinking about this now but I can't seem to let it go. Did anyone else feel like this so darn early?

Monica,
I definitely started bloating and feeling fatter by 5 weeks. My face is long and really thin so have not seen that change yet but to tell you the truth, I wish it would fill out a little :) I felt like a blob but when I had my first appointment at 6 weeks, I had actually lost weight. I guess bloat does not weigh anything.

You are lucky that the nausea and exhaustion has not yet set in. Nausea hit me right at 6 weeks but by eating some saltines before getting out of bed and then eating constantly all morning, I have kept it at bay. As for exhaustion, it hit pretty much right away and has not stopped. I have not worked out since February and have no clue when I will get back to it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.