Bicep problems...

kellib

Cathlete
Cathe & anyone else who wants to reply:

I lift with your videos religiously--try to do each body part twice weekly. I can lift approx the same as you do for all parts except for barbell bicep curls...I don't know what my problem is!!! I used to lift around 25 lb, but couldn't complete the sets (you'd be doing 10, me 6!!) so I just went down to around 18 lb and am able to complete the sets (crazy 8's, negative curls, bicep curls --depend on video). With hammer curls I can use 12 -15 lb, concentration curls - 12 lb. Any idea as to why those barbell curls are so hard for me?? Does anyone else have this problem?
thanks!!!!

I too can't handle much weight with my bi's. I only use my bar which is 10 lbs. I can use quite a bit for hammers. I got excited when I finished all the reps of PH with just my bar!

Andrea

I'd love to hear what Cathe has to say about this! I, too, can keep up with Cathe on all other body parts but barbell bicep curls are my biggest challenge - especially crazy 8s (maybe that's why I love PS so much - NO crazy 8s ;-) )

BTW, I posted a similar question under "Unbreakable Plateau" and got a couple of good suggestions which I'm trying out. You may want to check that post out.

Lorrie

Count me in too! I too have great difficulty with barbell bicep curls, but the funny thing is, I can't complete the set using the barbell, but I can do it if I use dumbbells! Go figure?! So until I build up strength in my biceps for the barbell curls, I'm subbing with dumbbell bicep curls, still doing them as directed in the video, but just with dumbbells rather than the barbell.
I'd love to know how/why this occurs? It's the only exercise I have to modify like that and until now, I thought I was alone! Thanks! It's nice to know others have had this problem too~I think!? (smile) Anne

Well, you can count me in on this one also!!!

I don't know what it is with those barbell curls...maybe it's the way the weight is distributed????

Terri

Whew! It certainly helps to know I'm not alone!! Lorax, I read your post and the replies. I have tried the heavier weight at fewer reps but it NEVER seems to get do-able--and I can't seem to get that last rep out. ugh.
thanks for the posts!
kelli

Hi Kelli! This can be due to your genetics. The way the ligaments attach to the bones provides a genetic advantage to some. So don't be so hard on yourself :)!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.