BFL Thursday

Teddygirl...be sure to post YOUR opinion on those meatloaf muffins! I think I'm going to make them as soon as the chili I made this past weekend is gone!

Kathy-THANKS so much for your input yesterday on the iTrain workouts. I had 9 credits, and spent 5 of them. I'm saving a few just in case I want the January 08 ones that should be uploaded SOON! Here's what I bought:

iTread set 9, 20 minutes
iTread set 9, 60 minutes
iTread set 14, 45 minutes
iTread set 21, 30 minutes, Run Intervals

iCycle set 21, 30 minutes, Intervals

I'm PUMPED up about the set 9, 20 minutes. The description says ONE BIG HILL and calls it the 'ultimate challenge'! LOL Am I SICK? lol I've got lower body on tap for tomorrow and I'm planning on doing this iTread right after it! I'll let you know how I like it!

Gayle

Hi everyone! Just checking in real quick.

I have to find a new job...my meals keep getting interrupted!! :p

I had to skip meal three all together! Oh well, it won't kill me to skip 1 of 6 meals I guess!

Gayle, I read your tips for FREE SUNDAY on the 12 WEEK CHALLENGE thread. I like the idea of putting on snug jeans....GENIUS!!! (did I spell that right?!).

ETA: I had DH take my before picture last night. I realized after he printed it that I forgot to put the date stamp on it. I might have him take another one over the weekend. Not bad. Not good, but not bad. No chub rolls that I didn't already know that I had!! Can only get better, right?!?!:7

Gayle, Yep! I got all the ingredients, I'm using Ground Turkey instead of beef.

iTread visit there website first time today I am impress with the workouts. I was going to order one for 5.99 but decided wait

Good Lordy, I've been trying to get on Cardio Coach Website all day they must be down or something I wanted to see what’s new. I have 3 CC "older" workouts, My son brought me a IPod Nano for Xmax the sound is awesome so I will finally get the chance too use them.

Hi Susan,

I am with you on that fear of flying!x( My DH tells me time and time again...you only live once so just do it. That's easy for him to say because he will go on rollercoaster's too and I certainly won't!
Even though my trip was delayed recently because of his knee surgery I am still going to fly to Cayman with my family. I hate every darn minute that I am off the ground and can't wait to jump out of that plane when we land just to say "I Made It!"
I have only gone to his family's home island once for 2 weeks since we have been married (22years worth). I went on 8 planes during that trip! Even thinking about it now makes me start to shake.
OK....I AM THE BIGGEST CHICKEN EVER!!! But in all seriousness...this is the only way to get there from where I live.

You can do it if I can. ;-) Oh Ya...I told his aunt that I would rather swim there and deal with the sharks before taking a plane. :D

Hello to all from Heidi:7

Calling in for another rest day. Still exhausted from all the stress over the holiday and DH's knee issues. DD and MIL are now enjoying the warm weather in the Cayman's for the monthe without us.:( I hope they are having a good time.

Sounds like everyone has had a good day. Jenn I hope you feel like working out! Hang in there. I am not going to workout today. I plan to do pub/lb combo in the morning. I forgot that Girl Scouts starts back tonight...and cookies sales start..so we have to go. Thank goodness I don't really like girl scout cookies!!
My chicken in is in the crockpot and it smells great. I put some Mrs Dash on it that I had. Im also making this delish spinach with garlic and white wine..and a sweet potato. YUM.
I will really feel like I am 100% into it next week when I am alone some!

Hi Gayle!

Wow...are you sure your scale is working right? ;-)

I was just thinking of doing the 60min iTread #24 but...just finished a bowl of my cleang eating soup and I am stuffed right now! The LIS workout sounds like fun! (MAYBE can do this instead ;-) )
Oh..is this the original or 4DS? I am getting confused with the new series versus the old series. We have a new LIS,Boot Camp and HIS to choose from now. Have you done all the new workouts on this DVD yet since opening it for christmas?

About the protein shakes...I sometimes use Myoplex light premix with fruits or whip up my own shakes using the powder from Wild Harvest. This protein powder does not have any added sugar. It comes in many flavors...Vanilla,coffee,chocolate and strawberry.

Good luck with your challenge entry! You have done fantastic so far. :)

BBL Heidi

Susan....Girl Scout Cookies...UGH!

My DD is a brownie and I am the cookie mom for the troup. Last year I had 200+ cases of cookies in my house at once. This year will be even larger since we've had more girls join. Thankfully they don't stick around for long.

My DH always places a pretty good size order though. I'll have to be practicing some pretty strong will power come the end of February!! I can always have some on FREE SUNDAY!! :9

Hi Jennifer,

The hec with your BF! My DH would love it too if I wore something a little more sexy than jeans and tees! (You will find me in this kind of gear almost everyday) I think I own 3 skirts and 1 dress tops! I am not much of a shopper anyway. Just too busy running around with the kids. Who am I out to impress anyway?

My DD just ordered a whole bunch of clothes from them and has to return half of them due to their size discrepencies. According to their sizes she would take an 8 in shorts but they are way too big for her. She should have ordered a 2 or 4. So be careful on that issue when ordering. (Of course... guess who is stuck returning all this stuff?!)

So...what are you going to do tonight?

:) BBL Heidi

Hi Michelle,

You are absolutely right about the car crashes!

How have you been these days? Sorry I haven't been on-line with you all. Just too hectic here lately as you know.

What are your plans for your workout?

BBL Heidi:)

Hi Kathy,

You just made me make up my mind on what's for dinner...PB&J. I haven't had this in a long time. :9

Great job on your run today! What iTread did you use today?

BBL Heidi

Wow - everyone is finally chatty today. Over the holidays it sure was slow on these threads! :)

Been pretty good all day. I bought a case (20 packets) of Myoplex lite. Yum. Just had my afternoon protein pudding! :) Have you tried it yet Gayle??

I'm getting nervous about going back to work on Monday. I will HAVE to get up before work. So far this week my first 4 workouts have been no problem -- okay, no excuses -- when the alarm goes off --- I'm just going to GET OUT OF BED!! :)

Gotta run -- hubby will be home soon.

Michelle

Hi Colleen,

Great to hear from you. Miss you too.:) Sorry to hear about your pups and your continued discomfort. Take it easy for awhile and give your body the rest and recovery it needs.

BBL Heidi

Hi Gayle,

My DH wanted to get me a cycle for my BD. We are still looking of course. What do you have and or would recommend?

BBL Heidi

Hi Michelle,

Where did you get your case of myoplex? I am assuming that this is the protein powder packets and not the bars right?
I can get the premix shakes at the local grocery store but not the powder.
Quite a few of the recipes from BFL call for the powder packets which I sub with Wild Harvest Whey Protein Powder.

I feel the same way...need to set my alarm and just get up and do my exercises early before DH and DS get up. DH is consuming a lot of my time and energy these days waiting on him. (When can he go back to work??? ;-))

He is resting now...so this is why I can actually write in to you all. :D

BBL Heidi

Hi Melissa,

Oh No! You just reminded me...my DH usually orders these from a co-workers daughter. He usually buys 4 boxes worth! Ouch! They are good but too expensive. Good thing I don't have much of a sweet tooth!

;-) Heidi

Hey guys. You’ve been busy while I’m running around the house!

Heidi-you mean what kind of stationary bike? I’m not even sure, to be honest! HA! I’ll take a look and let you know. It’s the upright kind, not the recumbent kind, and I got it at Modell’s SEVERAL SEVERAL years ago, when late DH and I first did BFL…that had to be over 8 years ago that we bought it! As for the 4DS, no….I’ve only done the LIS cardio once, and nothing else! lol My iTreads just keep calling my name! LOL

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES? When I’m tempted by anything that’s processed (aka…not homemade), I just imagine my neighbor spitting on them! lol That’s gross, yes, but the thought helps at times! lol

Michelle-I’m planning on making the protein pudding tomorrow afternoon. I keep wanting to do it, but I promised myself I wouldn’t make any NEW recipes/dishes until the food I’ve already got in there is gone! I still have 3 mini veggie egg white quiches, 4 servings of Beefy Chili, and some grilled pork chop that I need to eat first. I HATE wasting anything, so the pudding is on hold till tomorrow!

I buy my Myoplex Lite shake (powder packets) from www.planetdepot.com. When I last ordered from them, they were the cheapest online, and free shipping and a free mixer container (with the strainer thingy inside) with $100 order.

I'm heading out in about an hour to a PTA meeting. Some mom (who is also a Homeroom Parent) is passing out emails to all the other homeroom parents, dissing the PTA and the organization. So the PTA called a mandatory meeting for tonight. And, since I'm running for PTA President for next school year, I figure I better get my butt there and see who the trouble-makers are! lol

My plan for tomorrow.
WHEN MY ALARM GOES OFF, I WILL NOT HIT THE SNOOZE BUTTON. NOT EVEN ONCE! I will get out of bed by 5am. Be in the basement and ready to workout by 5:15am.
On tap tomorrow is lower body (not yet decided which workout yet) and my new iTread set 9, 20 minutes. It's supposed to be "One Big Hill". We'll see!

Gayle

Heidi - glad to see you back!!! As for my workouts I am Gayle's shadow -- he he. Basically, I'm following her plan -- so tomorrow is lower body. I'll be doing PLB - I am ALMOST over my DOMS from Monday's PLB. Wowzie!!

I got my box of myoplex lite shakes (powder packets) at GNC today. Wayyyy expensive I thought -- $44 for 20 packets.

Sounds like all you ladies are doing great. I have to tell you the chicken in the crockpot sounds awesome!! Every now and then I buy the rotisserie (sp?) chicken from the grocery store -- ya know those that are alreay done -- do you think those are bad for you? I've really never checked out the label -- they taste AWESOME so I guess they most likely are. :(

Michelle

Hi ladies!
I'm just going to start typing responses to what I remember reading. Sorry if I don't put a name next to who posted it....it's like being in a big crowd and trying to remember names for me, lol.

Mmmmm....did someone say Girl Scout cookies? I love thin mints! I'm so glad we don't have anyone selling them at work anymore. There was this huge left over birthday cake in the breakroom today, though. I'm so proud of myself for passing it by, lol...especially since it was my favorite (white cake with cream frosting).

There's an unflavored whey protein that I've tried that's not bad from All the Whey (http://www.allthewhey.com/awpc02.html). I've used it in smoothies with fruit but because it's unsweetened, it can be added to other foods.

Well, I'll be posting when I can until 1/16 during the work week. I'm doing work away from my desk most of the day. I'm kind of dreading it because it'll throw off my eating and drinking water schedule. :( Not to mention, I'll be sitting in a cold computer lab freezing my buns off, lol.

The iTread 9 20 minutes is awesome. I used it in my knee recovery alot (but with walking instead of running). I hope you enjoy it! I can't wait for this months to be available. There's a circuit circus coming that sounds great!

Kathy

Ooooo, Kathy, white cake with cream frosting is my fave too. ^^^^^5's for passing it up! :7

I ended up doing BM2 warm up, bonus cardio & the 4 step/blast segments as my HIIT tonight.

I also had sweet potato fries instead of brown rice tonight for dinner. I always write down "brown rice or sweet potato", but have never tried sweet potato until tonight. :9 :9 :9 Me likey!!! I'm going to have the leftovers with my scrambled egg whites in the morning. YAY! I just cut the potato like steak fries and put them in a small skillet w/about a tsp of olive oil and just flipped them every few minutes until they were toasy brown. Added some sea salt and BAM...delish!!!

Have a good night everyone. Talk you to tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.