BFL TGIF - 1/11

Hi girls,

I am done with PUB! My arms are fried! I still have to do a ab workout!

Gayle** I will pre- order the STS too! My DH isn’t too happy about the $ 199! I am like you it is a good investment in my health! I do feel guilty spending close to $ 200! It is a lot of money! I am sorry about your car, put this is something you really need! It will get better for you! Go play the lottery!

Susan** forgive my ignorance, but what is MM p/p premix?? Sounds like you had a good workout!

Michelle** great job making it through the entire week and getting up so early! I am glad I am not the only one that is lost without a plan in Cathe land! LOL! Great job on PUB!

Susan** I hope your DD is starting to feel better soon! No fun when the kids are sick! Enjoy your day with your DD! I miss those times!

Heidi** thanks for the rotation! I will print it out! This definitely will help!

Melissa** your meals look really good! I am glad you enjoyed PUB/BFL hybrid type workout!

BBL!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Okay, for the first day this week - I'm bored at work. Can you tell?? :)

Has anyone tried the protein pudding in other flavors yet? I love using butterscotch and I also love banana pudding. Yummy. Gotta try it girls. Most of the time I'd rather eat pudding than drink a shake.

Okay - how about those tuna lunchables? I LOVE these -- however the five crackers aren't whole wheat. Any thoughts on whether this is BFL friendly?? Thanks!!

Okay, we are going out to eat tonight and tomorrow -- I WILL BE STRONG. I'll be thinking about that tape measure !!! :)

Michelle

Gayle I hear ya on the water! I take my big glass to bed with me too and when I get up (at least once a night) I take a gulp then too..maybe thats why I get up at night!;)
Thats awful about your car. 800 is steep! I am considering pre ordering too..it sounds like workouts I will love.
Michelle, I can't go to bed hungry. I toss and turn all night. I save about 200 cals to have before bed. I still havent tried any shakes.
That reminds me..where do you guys buy your protien poweder??
Belinda-MM p/p is Muscle Max push/pull premix. It was short about 30 min but it felt pretty good.
DD is feeling fine and perky. I kinda figured she would..the drama queen that she is:) We'll have a good day.

Susan** I have to try Muscle Max push/pull premix! I never did that one before! Sounds like a good one! My DH bought protein powder from COSTCO! My DH is coming back from the states tomorrow! I finally get a protein shakes! Of course I gave him a big list; he told me this morning he can't close his suitcase! LOL!

Michelle** you are so funny! Enjoy your dinner tonight!
Belinda

Oh wow, Gayle....that totally bites! I had to have $989 worth of repairs done on my Ford Escape last month (right before Xmas). No choice, it was either that or ruin my engine which would cost tons more to replace. Yikes, it's tough to be on a tight budget (I'm doing the same because we moved into a bigger house with a bigger mortgage and utilities).:( But like you, I am going to find a way to order STS (come heck or high water, lol). I'll probably have to take the 3 pay option.

Michelle & Heidi - I hope your DH's are feeling better! If they're like my DH, it's like having one of the kids sick, lol.

Susan - I've had Muscle Max since Cathe first released it, but have truthfully only used it a handful of times. I always reach for the Gym Styles (guess they're my favorite but you're tempting me to pull it out again!)

Sending a big Hi out to Belinda, Jennifer, Melissa, Sherry & Carolyn (I hope I didn't miss anyone, please excuse my *fried* brain - I've been staring at a test monitor all morning!) ;-)

Oh, Gayle...here's my current BFL lower body workout:

Barbell Squats (using my squat rack) - 12/10/8/6/12 reps
Leg Extensions - 12 reps

Dumbbell front lunges - 12/10/8/6/12 reps
Deadlifts - 12 reps

Leg Extensions - 12/10/8/6/12 reps
Deadlifts - 12 reps

Barbell Static Lunges (using my squat rack) - 12/10/8/6/12 reps
Wall Squat (using stability ball & DB's for as long as I can hold it!)

Alternating Dumbbell calf raise (standing on step riser/balancing on rack) 12/10/8/6/12 reps
Dumbbell standing calf raise (feet facing out) - 12 reps

The whole thing takes me about 50 minutes. How does that sound? I squat 80-110 lbs. and static lunge 65-90 lbs. (with the barbell) and go up to 25 lb. dumbbells with the front lunges. I'm ready to up the weights on everything next week now that I have the *routine* down. :)

Kathy G

Melissa-you KNOW that I would like a copy of that PUB/BFL hybrid, right??? lol

Michelle-I’m not sure about the timing of food in the evening vs. protein or carbs. My favorite night-time snack is string cheese too! lol Do the similarities EVER stop? lol I usually have 3, on occasion on a really hungry night I’ll have 4!!!!! NOW…your boss really needs to give you something to do! Here are some answers to your questions: NO, I have not yet tried the protein pudding in other flavors. I’m planning on trying vanilla for Sunday’s breakfast. Tuna kit…if the crackers are all you have for a carb, then eat it up!

Belinda-I’m too CHEAP to play the lottery! LOL

Susan-I had bought a tub of protein powder at WalMart several months back. I add a scoop to my boys’ milkshakes when I make them for them.

Kathy-THANKS for posting your LB workout. I like it! A big part of the reason I started doing PLB (with real heavy weights) was because I didn’t think the BFL ‘standard’ LB workout was enough. But I LOVE what you put together! I may have to do that next week! It also sounds like we’re using the same amount of weights! I was maxing out on squats at around 115#. Thanks again!

OK…I feel better now. At work, my co-worker and I have a full 30minutes before the first class of kids comes in, so we sit and talk each day for that 30 minutes. Just talking it out (about the car, finances, etc) with her really helped me. And YOUR support helps as well. DH’s ‘ordeal’ put a lot of things into perspective, and ever since then, I really haven’t worried about too much, to be honest, INCLUDING money. I mean, I always have my strict budget, but if the kids and I decide to do or buy something that’s ‘not budgeted’, we do it anyway…just because! I always find a way, and I will this time. As for STS, I’m actually planning on pre-ordering ASAP. lol A girl’s finances DOES have her priorities, right?

Gayle

Gayle - Glad to here that you are feeling better about the whole car situation. And I'll post that PUB/BFL workout either tonight or tomorrow. My book is at home. Oh, and I saw the thread on OD about the mini egg quiches. I remember you mentioning them a couple of times and kept forgetting to ask you how to make them. I printed out the recipe and I can't wait to make them. That and the Beef Barley soup!!! :9

I'm telling you ladies, I've really enjoyed cooking lately. That's all I do on Sundays now, go to the grocery store then come home and cook for the rest of the day. And I just ordered EFL on Amazon.com last night after flipping through it at the bookstore. There are some great looking recipes in there. Can't wait to get it.

Kathy - I'm gonna check out your LB workout that you posted. I did a strictly-BFL LB workout on Monday and I agree with Gayle, it just wasn't enough. It didn't dawn on me to add anything on at the time! I was a little sore the day after, but not sore enough.

Hi girls,

I forgot to tell you tomorrow my DH is coming back from the states!

Kathy ** WOW! You lift a lot of weight! Maybe I will give your leg workout a try next week! Looks good! I don’t lift that much weight yet!

Gayle** I am glad you are feeling better! You are so right! You only live once!

Melissa** where can I find the mini egg quiches on the OD? I can’t find it!

Ok, that is it for me today! It is late here in Germany! I will go to bed!
I will catch up with your girls tomorrow morning (my time)!

Have a great day!

Belinda, you must be so EXCITED to see DH!!! I copied the link for the mini egg quiches for you:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=457474&mesg_id=457474&listing_type=search

Gayle - here is the PUB/BFL workout I did last night. I followed the sequence to PUB for most of it, but tacked a couple of sets at the end. I just ended up letting PUB play and just used the beat of the music for the add-on's.

Chest: Flye/Press, reps: 12/10/8/10 - 1 min break
Add-on: Push-ups: 2 sets of 12 - no break
**I did chest on an incline this time just to mix it up a little.

Shoulders: Rear/Side/Front raises, reps: 12/10/8 - 1 min break
Add-on: Overhead press: 2 sets of 12 - no break

Back: Pullover/2-arm row, reps: 12/10/8/6 - 1 min break
Add-on: Underhand 2-arm row: 2 sets of 12 - no break
**I did pullovers with my feet raised. It really helped me isolate the lats.

Triceps: Kickbacks/Overhead press, reps: 12/10/8 - 1 min break
Add-on: Band pulldows: 2 sets of 12 on each arm - no break

Biceps: Hammer/Traditional, reps: 12/10/8/6 - 1 min break
Add-on: Hammer curls w/twist at top of movement: 2 sets 12 on each arm - no break

I just picked up the Clean Eating magazine at my local drug store. Anyone have this? Looks like some good recipes. I'll share if any come out as good as they look!!

Okay, I'm just posting again real quick because I just had an EXCELLENT HIIT workout! Can you tell I'm psyched?!?!

I did HSTA warm-up & cardio blasts 1-5, then added on Imax 2 blasts 6-10, cool down & stretch. It was a total BLAST!!!

Talk you all tomorrow. Have a good night!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.