BFL for Sep.29

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls:D

I am still here! Sorry, for not checking in, I had to much unpacking to do! The good news I am almost done with my house! Everything is starting to look really nice! I haven't worked out since last week!:mad: I didn't had the engery to do anything! This week I will put my game face on!:p

I will be back for personals after my UB workout! See you later!

morning girls

I went to bed with my back hurting hoping it would stop but its still hurts this morning:mad:....im was planning on a good workout too today:mad::mad:. so that means that i have to stay at the lower end of my calorie range:mad::mad:no workout for me today:( IF my back feels better later I may do a long powerwalk on the treadmill...im hoping I can! I must of hurt it yesterday during powerhour? this is the third back injury this year...im only 29,WTH?

Belinda-Hows the workout room coming along? Glad to hear your almost unpacked!

hey to everybody! BBL

Amelia-I hope your back is feeling better as the day goes on. Do you have a history of back problems???

Hi, Belinda....game face, girl!

I'm done with my workout and my forearms are burning! lol Lower body workout and my forearms take a beating! HA! I deadlifted 95# and by the end of that round, I could barely open and close a fist! LOL But it's all in a day's work, right? My lower body is wobbling already. But you know what? I LOVE IT!

OK...sorry to hit and run...have eggs boiling for the week and my hair's in a towel. Time to get the day started.

Gayle

Thanks for the warm welcome back ladies! I knew I could count on you!

No snooze button for me this morning! Actually, I was so excited to start my first day back of BFL that I woke up BEFORE my alarm! Yeah!

I'm done with PUB!

Gotta hit the showers. I'll be back later to chat!!

Michelle

Hey Gayle....95lbs deadlifts, YOU GO GIRL! Great workout! My back problems started in my early twenties and ive never really went to a doctor about it. They come and go,one day I will go to a chiropractor and see whats up!

Michelle,Welcome back! Great workout this morning!

Michelle! WTG on ignoring that snooze button! My goal tomorrow is NO SNOOZE! LOL Although I got up in plenty of time this morning, I still hit my snooze like 5 times! :) AWESOME! So......update us...what's new. How have you been? The kids, DH, YOU???

Amelia-sorry to hear about your chronic back problems. Geesh!

I'm signing up for Cathe's Nutrition plan today. I am going to eat strictly BFL all this week and see how it plays out on the Nutrition site. I'll be curious to see calorie counts, what grades my food gets, etc. I'll keep you all posted.

I'm scared for cardio tomorrow. I've committed to doing every workout this week strictly BFL, including my cardio. That means the 4 pyramids in the cardio. YIKES! I worked up my planend treadmill numbers for tomorrow and I'm SCARED!!!!! LOL I'm planning on hitting my 9s at 9.0mph and my 10 at 9.3!!!!!! YIKES! lol

Gayle

Good morning all!

Getting my UB workout in first thing this morning didn't quite go as planned. I was up, dressed and just about to go downstairs when DD woke up coughing up a storm. Poor little thing! She couldn't get back to sleep and I felt bad going downstairs with her laying on the couch coughing so we watched some cartoons! There's always later, right?!

Here are my meals for today:

M#1: vanilla/banana protein shake: 1 scoop BSN LD vanilla protein powder, 1 c water, 5 iced cubes & one frozen banana.
M#2: 1/2 2% Fage, 1/4 c crushed pinepple
M#3: 1 & 1/2 c beef & barley soup
M#4: 1/2 Naan flatbread, 1 c celery sticks, 1 c carrot sticks, 4T roasted red pepper hommus
M#5: 6oz grilled salmon, grilled veggies
M#6: 1/3 c oatmeal made w/ 1/3 c 1% milk, 1/2 c egg whites + 1 whole egg scrambled

PLUS

A TON of water. I really need to start drinking the H2O!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Hello and Good Morning to you all,

Belinda: Nice to see your back in the game! I bet you were exhausted!!! Glad to hear that things are finally at an end with the unpacking. How is your workout area coming along? How is your sis doing?

Hello Amelia, Gayle and Michelle!

Nice job Michelle not hitting that snooze! May you have a great day and DOMS later! ;)

Gayle: I guess.....WOW!!! I am sure you will be having DOMS right along with Michelle!
I will be doing BFL UB later today. I am at work and it is a hectic day so far.

Amelia: I hope you figure out what is going on with your back. That doesn't sound to good. You might need something simple...specific exercises to strengthen your back muscles or it could be more serious. Please, Please get it checked out! This is the safest thing to do. Get well soon!

Hello to Steph....hope all is well. Thinking of you. :)

Hi to Kathy, Melissa, Sherry and all that follow. Make it a good one!
BBL Heidi

Hey Melissa,

Just missed you.....

I hope your daughter gets well soon!
What a good mom you are. ;) Yes...there is always later. :) I will be doing my workout later as well. Have a good one!

My 3rd child...(19 ;) ) has a sore throat this morning as well. He did manage to get to work which was good. He may need to get it checked out if it isn't getting better in a day or two. Hopefully it isn't strep!
As soon as the kids head back to school all that stuff starts to come home with them. Yikes! I hate that!

Have a great day everyone and I will BBL Heidi

Morning!
Great to see you back Belinda! I’m so happy you’re unpacking is almost finished!

Amelia – I hope your back feels better!

Gayle – Great workout planned for tomorrow. I can hear your treadmill whirring already!

Melissa – Awww, sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she feels better!

Heidi – Hope your son feels better too!

I’m going to cut and paste from my journal because I’m lazy, lol.

Well, I went back to BFL this week. I’m going to do the BFL weight work by the book again along with running and other types of interval cardio. I’ll continue to work core/abs whenever I can. As for the eating, I’ll just continue on as I have been (I’ve always eaten 5-6 small meals a day) but I’m going to try to up the protein a little….I tend to eat about 30% but I’m going to try to get it up to 35%. And of course lots of veggies, fruit, and some complex carbs (like oatmeal & brown rice).

I pulled out my BFL journal that I used last round and started at that starting point. The good news is I’m stronger than I was last time around and need to up the weights on everything so I haven’t lost as much strength as I feared. I’m not as strong as I was when I finished the challenge, but I’m definitely not at the bottom again. My plan is to test out my lower body on Wednesday and assess where I am (strength wise) in my journal from last challenge and go from there. Make sense? Probably not, but I think I got myself straight, lol.

I plan on doing BFL until I get STS. My second marathon is right before Thanksgiving so I can get at least 8 weeks in this challenge in (maybe more if STS doesn’t arrive until December). I’ll take pics during and after this challenge so I have a baseline for STS.

This morning I did upper body:
Warmed up with 2nd standing segment of Core Blast
DB Chest Press
DB Chest Flyes
DB Shoulder Press
DB Side Lateral
DB One Arm Row
BB Double Arm Row
DB Lying Tricep Extension
DB Double Arm Overhead Tricep Extension
DB Bicep Curl
DB Hammer Curl
Then I tacked on the pyramid push up segment from Gym Style Chest/Back

Here are my stats for this challenge. Another blessing, I’m not starting out as “fat” as before:
Height: 5’5”
Starting weight: 136.8 lbs.
Body fat reading from Tanita Iron Man scale: 22.8%
Goal weight: 130 lbs.
Goal body fat reading on scale: 18-20%

Made it in to work -- so now I have time to type. Okay gals, don't give me a hard time!! ha ha.

Belinda - been missing you! Good luck unpacking.

Amelia - hang in there with the back. I've pulled mine 3 times this year too. Gosh, it ticks me off, throws off my working out! It ALWAYS takes me 5-7 day to get over it. So, know you are in my thoughts today!

Gayle - 95#?!! OMG!!!

Melissa - DD comes first!! Thank you so much for posting your meals. I'm here with almonds and some chunks of chicken. I really need to work on this. Of course you know when I get home I'll be eating EFL pudding! I've been missing that!!

Heidi - I didn't know you had THREE kids!! I sure hope it isn't strep.

Big shout out to Kathy and Sherry!!! I'm so bad with personals, who am I missing?!!

Michelle

LOL! Hey Michelle I have 4 kids! ;)

Ya....I really hope it isn't! I hate getting sore throats! I would rather break a leg than that! Isn't that awful! ;)

Have a good day at work.

Hi Kathy: Nice job on your workout this morning. I will be doing my upper BFL style later today.

Is anyone still doing the Push-Up Challenge? I have sort of slacked off the past couple of days. It has become too confusing having to keep retesting to see which level I should be doing for that weeks workout.

BBL Heidi

Hey guys! I have been MIA for 3 days and I miss you! I have NO time for personals today.

Just wanted to say YOU GALS ROCK! Just skimmed everyone's workouts, eats, plans and goals. You all are on fire! I've been in a "funky" mood for a couple of weeks and need to get out of it! I will re-read the posts maybe tonight and figure out what I am going to do. Heidi told me, Gayle, that you had a spreadsheet for BFL...can you e-mail it to me?

Hope you all have a great day!

bbl, maybe!

Heidi - 4 kids?! Okay, you get to wear the superwoman cape too!!

Kathy - so glad to be back in touch! You have always motivated me to do more cardio!!

Steph - it is time to get back at it!! Start now and you'll be ready for a rockin' New Years!

I have to say, BFL works for me. Since I stopped doing it 100% -- I've continued to work out and "tried" to eat healthy -- but the weight has just been creeping back on. I NEED a program! I need to see that if I start now -- and do the program -- in 12 weeks I will see results. It has been way to easy to skip a workout here and there and have too many "cheat" meals. So I'm keeping it honest for the next 12 weeks.

I also "started" the push-up challenge -- I need to re-start that as well! I think I'm going to give my body a couple weeks to adjust to BFL -- I worked my upper body pretty hard today. Then maybe do my push-ups on my cardio days. How does that sound? I REALLY want to be able to do 100 push-up. That would be soooo cool! Plus it would impress my son! ha ha!!

Michelle

Hi Kathy, Michelle, Heidi & Steph!

I'm in heaven eating my beef & barley soup.....YUMMO as Gayle would say!;)

I'm with you Michelle on keeping it honest for the next 12 weeks!

I was thinking about it yesterday and my goal is to have my New Year's Resolution NOT be about weight this year! It would be nice to get to the point where I'm content with my body. So 12 weeks brings us right to mid-December and I know EXACTLY where I want to be!

BRING IT ON BABY!!!!

Okay, back to work for me....:(

Oh and BTW, I've spent more time in the ladies room today than in my office. Which means I'm drinking my H2O. ^^^^^5's to me!!!!

Hi girls,

I am back with personals and details why we stayed in our house! Here it goes:D

We decided not to move after once again weighing all of our options. First
moving is a pain, new house or not. Then their were the other unknowns, we
did not know who our neighbors would be, my DH being the most senior
enlisted Soldier in Bavaria made us vulnerable to many bothersome visitors.
All facilities on and off post would not be within walking distance and the
drive is at least 10 to 15 minutes. Finally, being as we would only be in
the home for one to two years we did not want to put up with the possible
damages our pets might make, the military covers painting and floors after 3
years.

Our current home is older, but much larger. Our neighbors are good people
(occasional foot steps) who we are able to work thru any issues with. My
husbands position on the installation is much more protected, and our
personal time is easier to ensure. We have immediate access to all
facilities, everything is within a 10 minute walk and less of a drive;
including, groceries, shopping, gas, the doctor and dentist, the library,
car repair etc. The post is very mature and we have beautiful fully grown
trees all around us. I love my house!:D I am very happy on post!

Michelle** Welcome back, girl! We missed you! Nice job on PUB this morning!

Gayle** WTG on lifting 95 pounds! ^^^^5! Let us know how you like Cathe's Nutrition plan! I should sign up. Can you you sent me your BFL spreadsheet? [email protected]

Amelia** hope you are feeling better! How is your new job?

Melissa** how is your DD doing? Hope she is feeling better soon! Enjoy your workout!

Heidi** THANKS! I was exhausted last week. My workout room is looking really good, all is set up. I love it! My DH Alesia is coming in 2 weeks; I will ask her if she can help me figure out how to post pictures on Cathe’s new forum. I can’t figure it out/ don’t have time. Hope your son is feeling better soon. I am not doing Push-Up Challenge!

Kathy** awesome job on your BFL UB this morning! Great workout plans! I have to finish up my house this week, my sisters are coming on Thursday! They will stay until Sunday! LOL! They love Hotel Belinda! My DD Alesia is coming in 2 weeks! I am so excited!

Stephanie** I know what you mean, but we can do it! What are your plans for tomorrow?

I'm with you guys. My NY resolution will have NOTHING to do with weight either! I'm terrible if I don't have a plan. I tried a few of Cathe's rotations and yeah...didn't stick to it. I kind of felt like I didn't have a PURPOSE with it. Does that make sense? With BFL, the eating plan and the workout plans are there, together, with a PURPOSE!

Melissa-how do you make oatmeal with milk??? I saw that on your menu earlier in your post.

Heidi-I didn't know you have 4 kids either! lol

Steph-email me at [email protected] and I'll send you my excel spreadsheet. It's got all 84 days on it and I input it as I go. Then when a workout is done, I go make the adjustments for the next workout. For instance, after LB this morning, I went to this Friday's LB workout and entered in my adjustments and printed it off and I'm now ready for Friday! LOL After my killer cardio tomorrow, if I am still breathing and alive, I'll enter my adjustments for Thursday's cardio. Make sense? You'll see what I mean when you get them open.

OK...sorry to not hit everybody. I'm going to cut the grass. WHEN WILL IT STOPP GROWING????

Gayle

Hi Gayle.

My recipe for oatmeal with milk is 1/3 cup of oatmeal, 1/3 cup of milk, in microwave for 1 minute, let sit until absorbed.

I cannot eat oatmeal made with water. I have a hard time drinking protein shakes made with water, too, but I'm trying to deal with it!!!

Hello,

Finished my first day of BfL upper workout.

I am feeling DOMS already!
Workouts done:
DB bench press
DB Flyes
SEated DB Press
Lateral raises
One arm DB row
Barbell Pull-over
Lying Tri Press
Tri kickbacks
DB curl
Hammer curl

Made note to go heavier next time in: bench press, seated DB press, one arm DB row

Belinda: That is so exciting that your sisters are coming to visit also that your DD is coming soon! :)
My DS is feeling so-so. We'll see how he is tomorrow before making that Dr. appt. Thanks for asking. ;)

Gayle: I know what your mean about the grass! Time to mow here again too! I am sure this rain made it grow another 4"'s! ;)

Melissa: I make my oats with water to start and then add 1% or soy milk. :) I couldn't eat it with just water!!! I love my oats with raisans, honey and either type of milk. ;) How is your DD feeling tonight? Tea and honey is on tap for my son now. ;)

I do have 4 children: 23,22, 19 and 13. ;) Oldest 23 (son) lives in his own apartment now with his girlfriend. The rest are living here with DH and his mother and I. A truly full house!

Hello and good evening to you all!
See you back here in the AM!
Heidi

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.