BFL for Fri Feb 08th 2008

Kathy - I just bought itread circuit ski - that you mentioned on Wednesday. I can't wait to try it tomorrow!!

Michelle

[font color=red]And the key is to feel free to admit the low days and let us help get you out of it.[/font]
Michelle, how smart you are! And how right! THIS IN ITSELF is key for me! There was a tingle of a thought in my head earlier this week, that I will just keep these indiscretions to myself, so that (a)nobody gets discouraged, (b)so I don’t bring anybody down with me, and (c)just to save face! But coming out of the closet IS KEY to just moving on!

OK…if Michelle is having Bday cake in my honor, then I guess I may have a piece, right? LOL And when FRIENDS partake in Bday cake TOGETHER, the calories DO NOT COUNT, ladies! HA!

Carolyn-we missed you TERRIBLY! Glad you’re back online today, too! Sorry you met the Porcelain Goddess this morning! When I get sick I wonder the same things…how do people force themselves to do that!?!?!? Feel better, SOON!

Heidi-NO REST for the weery, hugh??? Think of all that functional fitness you’re getting in while doing this work!

Melissa-I LOVE lat DOMS! lol those muscles really are hard to hit, and when I get DOMS from, say Cardio Kicks, I like to work upper body while I still have those DOMS there so I can feel that muscle. Make any sense? lol

Christina-I’m so glad you got there safely! When I tuck myself into bed, if I don’t take my glasses off my face, I’d watch TV all night long! Thank goodness I can’t see SQUAT without my glasses or contacts! LOL

Stephanie (& others who are interested)-go to this guy’s website: http://www.homervandamme.com/ Then click on LINKS, then right in the very center is AUDIO TIME KEEPER! The website was a little strange to navigate for me at first, until I got used to it. When I started my first challenge in Oct, I bought 2 CDs from him…one was for cardio (with 4 separate soundtracks for 4 separate cardio HIIT levels) and one for weight work (which I used this AM). This was the first time I used either, but I’ll be using the weight one FOR SURE for a while now, until I get bored of it anyway! LOL

Michelle-I'll do Circuit Ski tomorrow if YOU do Circuit Ski! Deal? I'm actually planning on iTread 19, followed by Circuit Ski then abs. Wanna meet up???

ETA:
[font color=orange font size=+2]You all WATCH OUT!
These next 6 weeks are going to be ON FIRE!
We can FEEL the progress.
We can SEE the progress!
Let's KEEP ON TRUCKIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/font]

Gayle

Gayle - your post gave me goosebumps!! :)

Man, and I just meant I was going to sit on my couch and listen to Circuit Ski tomorrow. ha ha! I seriously remember doing that -- starting a firm workout -- and then just sitting on the couch and watching it. Those days are OVER!! I will meet you tomorrow morning for the LAST workout of week 6 -- HALF WAY THERE!!! Who else is going to be there with us????

Another thing that has truly helped me these last 6 weeks -- is doing it in the morning. This morning I really didn't want to finish my workout - since I get up at 4:30 -- at this point it was around 5:00. Then I thought to myself -- I didn't DRAG myself out of bed at 4:30 to NOT workout!! So, I finshed! (Plus I knew I had to answer to all of you!!)

Happy workouts to all of you -- make it a good one since we are all eating cake today.

Michelle

Hi out to Heidi & Carolyn (of course we missed you). ;) Ugh, being sick to your stomach is the worst! I’m glad you’re feeling beter.

Michelle & Gayle – You girls are going to enjoy iTread Circuit Ski, what a fun workout! I’m planning on a run and trying out P90X+ Intervals (I promised someone I would give a review after I actually tried it and not just watched it, lol). See Michelle, there are others who just “watch”, (he,he).

Kathy

Okay Michelle, I will be calling on you for some MAJOR encouragement next week when I start doing my HIIT in the morning instead of at night since working out in the morning has worked so well for you!

And Gayle, how could you possibly a)discourage us, or b)bring us down with you? Some of us are here BECAUSE of you. THINK ABOUT THAT GIRL!!! And the fact that you are NORMAL and have the same thoughts/obstacles that most of us do, makes you REAL!!!! Beyond that, the fact that you confide in us and that we can help you in anyway what-so-ever, makes us that much more like FAMILY!!! Better yet, FRIENDS. Because you can't choose your family :eek:, but you can definetly choose your friends :+ !!!

Meals for today (I almost forgot):

M#1: cup 'o joe protein shake
M#2: egg-white quiche, sweet potato
M#3: grilled chicken salad
M#4: apple & string cheese
M#5: grilled chicken (leftover from salad), veggies sauted in garlic + 1t olive oil & 1/2 c pasta
M#6: choc/banana protein shake

ETA: Kathy - be prepared for a review tomorrow on the weight bench/squat rack. I can't wait to get home!!! Hopefully the DOMS will be so severe that I will have trouble sitting at the computer!!

Yay Melissa! I was just thinking about that....I hope DH has it finished. ;) I can't wait to hear what you think of it! The bench was kind of a toughie to put together, the screw that holds the extension was a bit tricky. Of course my DH gave the job to our 22 yr. old son, lol!

Gayle - Wow, Melissa and Michelle have said what I'd like to say much more eloquently than I can. We're all human and human's are imperfect. You are so encouraging to us here, we hope that we can return a fraction of the favor. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out later.

Kathy G

It's like Christmas morning for me Kathy. I can't wait to go downstairs and see if it's finished.

So, I was just thinking about this and, I know it sounds crazy, but I'm thinking that I'm not going to weigh myself for two maybe three weeks. You know how you feel really good one day so you jump on the scale only to find out that you didn't lose that 2lbs that you feel like you lost and now you don't feel so great anymore? That's how I've been feeling lately. Now, I know something is going on because all of a sudden my jeans are like an inch too long. And I realized yesterday that it's because they keep sliding down. And I don't want the scale to ruin that feeling for me. I really don't want to know what the scale has to say for a few weeks, good or bad.

So that's my mission for the next few weeks...AVOID THE SCALE!! And do my HIIT in the morning. I wonder which one will be more difficult?!

Melissa - You MUST try working out in the mornings. Seriously, I have NEVER worked out this consistently. (Except before kids, when I was getting up in the a.m.!) Not only does it get the workout of the way for the day -- but I seriously am so hyper all day -- without caffeine!! I'm just so pumped! Of course I'm going to bed much earlier -- but hey it's better than staying up and snacking! :)

I can't wait to see you all in the morning!!

Hmmm, I think avoiding the scale is a good thing. It REALLY affects my mood when it goes up -- and who needs that? Especially when your jeans are loose, nothing should bring you down!!! :) (Now I just wish my bra wasn't so loose!) har har!!

Michelle

Late check-back for me. I think today ended up being my “free” day because although I had a Kick-A** UB workout, I cooked a fan-tabulous dinner…and, well…it was delicious :9

Kathy ~ Yes…fried legs ARE good!!!!!

Sherry ~ Yes, TGIF

Michelle ~ I did PUB Monday…great workout.

Belinda ~ GS C/T…aye, those push-ups are killer!

Stephanie ~ PUB seems to be very popular here!

Gayle ~ Hope your birthday was wonderful…

Christina ~ Hope you had fun in beantown…I just love it there…

Melissa ~ Here’s to refocusing…

Carolyn ~ Hope you feel better…

Heidi ~ HI!

Hey Tammy - you're not the only one checking in late. :)

I have to tell you guys how much I LOVE EFL!!

I was tired tonight -- thought maybe I'd cheat a little -- the kids were starving the hubby was on his way home from work -- what's a girl to do? Order pizza?? INSTEAD I made the taco salad from EFL -- and just used the taco shells for the kids. As Gayle would say... YUMMO!! I even used lean ground turkey. They hubby loved it and so did the kids.

Now, we are all full - AND we ate healthy. AWESOME!! Now if only I had some birthday cake! :)

Michelle

Cardio for the day finally done - LIS - good sweatfest and I should sleep tonight.

Belinda, couldn't let you down after your encouragement to get it done today. You are probably waking up soon. I'll see you in several hours.

Michelle - tacos with ground turkey is a family fav here. One of the few meals the kids are very hands on helping to make.

Gayle - hope you are enjoying your birthday cake!

See you all on Saturday!

I should mention, this was a double up day to help me get back on track. Wasn't until half way through that I realized I should be doing PUB instead of cardio. Another reason not to work out late at night - I easily get confused. So, heading to bed now!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.