BFL 1/19/08 Weekend edition

Just finished Imax 2 blast only premix. This workout was GREAT!! I had so much energy, I even got through blast #9! :7 I wore my HRM also, just to make sure I got my heart rate up there on those blasts.

Off to clean up, have M#4 and bring DD to the mall. She is feeling much better this afternoon and raring to get out of the house for a little while. I could tell she was feeling better when she started doing handstands. This girl is OBSESSED with handstands. She's on her hands more than she's on her feet. And she's really good at it!

Okay, I'm sure I'll BBL!!

Oh, Belinda. I don't mean to worry you! Somebody up above (in a previous post this morning) mentioned something to you about 'taking care of DD'. I thought maybe I missed something. Maybe it was addressed to the wrong person???

Melissa-I think your meals are fine. As long as you keep your portions in check, you're fine. Skinny vibes for us for tomorrow's weigh in (although I have a feeling I may be up just a hair tomorrow. TOM really played with my system this week, which is VERY VERY unusual. we'll see.)

Gayle

Hi Ladies~

Just stopping in to say hello! It's been a lazy day! I didn't wake up until 9:45 and still didn't get out of bed until after 1...LOL :) Just got back from the grocery store. Picked up stuff for the Egg Quiches and soup for the week.

It's hard to keep up with you all...you all been so busy!
No workout in again today, but plan on starting the 4DS Rotation tomorrow.

Thanks for asking about DD. She's fine, she bruised her tailbone. It's slowly getting better, they told her it's going to be at least 1-2 weeks before she can sit right. I feel her pain, not a fun thing.

See you all tomorrow!
Have a great night!

We're back and staying put for the rest of the night. It's cold out there - I finally agree with you, Heidi.

Kathy - Don't eat the popcorn! Once I start, it is so hard not to eat it all!

Melissa - I think you meals look fine, though I think your progress towards your measurement goals will tell. Glad DD is feeling better.

Gayle - Thanks for the complement on the avatar. I love showing off my great family. Took me a while to figure out how to get it there.

Belinda - I've got the laundry going, too. Gotta get some clean clothes and then figure out what DD can still wear. I think she hit a growth spurt. Means we'll need do some shopping.

Jennifer - Glad you could stop by. I feel for your DD. My DD did that last year and it was very sore for a week.

Dinner will be baked potato and chicken plus salad. I need to plan my meals for next week before I hit the grocery store in the morning. I eat and plan so much better on a day in which I'm eating well and exercise got me fired up. If I try to keep up with all of you, I'll eventually have to buy all of Cathe's workouts. (I'm still trying to figure out when STS is in the budget - needs to get there while the presale price is low.)

BBL

Hey everyone,

Just checking back....

Michelle: Glad that you are feeling better after getting in some exercise. See...it does work wonders.;-) Ya...I can skip fatty burgers anyday.

Melissa: It is amazing how fast kids pop back huh? My son has a bit of a cold too. :-( He had a bad headache last night and woke with one this morning too. Once he gets moving he always seems to be better until night time. Guess this is true for most of us.
Oh...your meals look fine to me. Making me hungry though :9

Gayle: Great job on grabbing thoughs hilss on iTread 25. I ended up doing the itread set 1 40min. Warmed up first with basic step. My treadmill belt was slipping when I first started so I spent about an hour looking for the instructions to fix it. I ended up stopping all together to fix the darn washer......AGAIN! This took another hour. By the time I got around to doing my run it was after 12PM. :-(
As I was trying to stick to the program I just felt as though I was dragging arsss through the mud. Must be that TOM thing coming soon. I always feel sluggish a week before.
Got through it and did abs from BM2 and the stretch.
I looked at your schedule for your upcoming race. Be aware of over training signs...;-) Take it easy on really heavy lifting because mixing more mileage in might really sap your strength.

Sherry: It is really getting cold here now. I too like running in the snow. ;-) I just don't like it when it is plain cold (5 degress) that is. If it was snowing I get so distrated that I don't notice the cold.;-)
My kids (even the older ones) love Avatar.:)

Carolyn: Great job on 4DS kickbox cardio. I haven't done this yet. I also haven't done the Imaxs pre but glad to hear you liked it.

Kathy: I found that the iTread 26 is so relaxing for me.:) Great job on your run..Wow! Was this your long run day?
How was the movie "Clover Field?" Popcorn is addictive to me once I start.... :9 Having no butter isn't too bad. ;-)

Belinda: Ya...cleaning on tap for me too. The washer is fixed again. I hope it lasts! Great job on 4DS. Love the ab workout too.:)
Sorry to hear the mp3 isn't working out too well. Copy programs to disc and put in a cd player. I started this way too. Yeah... the volume would have to be up there though in order to hear it over the treadmill noise.

Jennifer: Glad your DD's tailbone isn't broken. Take it easy today... your workout starts tomorrow!:7 Keep eating clean your doing great.

Well I think I caught up with everyone...Have a great evening. BBT Heidi :D

Hi everyone. I appreciate your responses on my meals. I don't think I'm eating to the point of being stuffed and I'm definetly hungry again within 2.5 to 3 hours. I'm not going to worry about it unless I stop seeing results.

Heidi - it is amazing how fast kids pop back. Especially when there is something that they want to do. ;-) I hope your DS is feeling better soon. Symptoms tend to worsen at night, don't they?! Poor guy..

Thanks Melissa! :) It is a good thing that this is a long weekend. At least he will have the time to get well rested and recover before school starts up again on tuesday. :)

Have a great night. BBT Heidi

It's Sunday. Rest day for me, but not a free day.

Rhe only exercise activity on tap is to preview the Pyramids and estimate what I think I should use the first time thru.

Anyone else rolling yet?

Good Morning to all,

Hi Sherry: I am here....have been up since 6am. I started to write in but DH had to come down to see what I was doing...loves to hang over my shoulder.

Anyway...I have been trying to decide what workout I want to do today.

I love the Pyramids...which are you going to start with? I am not as strong as Gayle but I think I use pretty heavy weights...10,12and 15#DB's. 25# BB. (For upper that is.;-) )

You will be enjoying this series for sure!:D

Eating my oatmeal now...better finish up. BBL Heidi

Hello everyone -

Wow, there's a lot going on!!

I'm so glad it is Sunday -- AND my rest day. The DOMS have set in, and I'm thrilled to be done with my 6 workouts. That's 18 down! :) (Yes, still counting!)

We were out running around yesterday - had to eat two meals and all my snacks out. We went to Applebees and I ordered a meal off the WeightWatchers menu. Okay, I have to admit -- eating out on a day that isn't your free day, isn't so fun!! ha ha. It wasn't very tasty, but hey, I was so thrilled that I stuck with the plan. I know I know, it's about the working out AND the eating! :)

I hope you all have a wonderful day today!!!!

Michelle

Good morning all! I'm so glad it's free day! I'm not really craving anything particularly naughty, but I love having a day where I don't really have to think about what I'm going to eat.

No weight loss this week. Scale says the same thing it said last Sunday. That's okay, though. I had two pretty good weeks so I'm not discouraged.

Hope everyone enjoys their day! BBL.

Good morning ladies! I'm also glad it's REST DAY! My hammies are so tight!!! It's also my Free Day.

Rest day, right? LOL After I took measurements and pics this morning, I felt I really needed to stretch out, so I did Rodney Yee's Power Yoga, Total Body. It felt SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good to stretch out and WOW...what a difference! But that's IT for today. NO OTHER EXERCISE today at all!

Measurements are interesting a bit. lol My weight is up just .6, which I kind of expected. But my waist is down .5" and my BF% is down 2%!!!! I'll take that ANY DAY! WOO HOO!

Time to make some breakfast for us. Dinner tonight is the EFL Turkey Meatloaf, baked sweet potatoes, and a veggie of some sort. I may even pull out my bread machine and make a load of home-baked bread. YUMMO!

BBL SOMETIME....when we're all home, it's hard for me to get any PC time! LOL

Gayle

Good Morning,

I got my new scale and I am down 8 pounds!!!!I am so excited. I was nervous about getting on it. 12 more and I'll be near my drivers license weight. :D

Todayis my free day also. I'm still going to eat pretty clean but if something looks good , I'm on it.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

CArolyn

YAY CAROLYN!!! That is great. Keep it up!!

GAYLE- down 2% bodyfat...THAT'S AWESOME!!!

Congrats to you both and have a GREAT day!!!!:7

Week 7 is done. Scale hasn't budged, and I'm not going to take any other measurements because I feel a little bloated (TTOM). I'm waiting for the week 8 magic.

Finished protein waffles for breakfast. Still debating about them. Definitely needed fruit because they were so "oaty".

Heidi - I've been mulling over the weights to use. I only have dumbbells, so for lower body, I think I'll top out at Cathe's weight, and step down from there with the weights I have (so 30/35/40 becomes 24/30/40). I don't want to go any heavier, or I'm afraid my legs will get monstrous, as they have a tendency to do. Upper body will be a mix, like top out at 20 for bench but 15 for flies. Tomorrow is LBWO, so we'll see if I an walk afterwards.

Michelle - Way to stick with the plan even when things get hectic. You are on such a roll!

Melissa - No cravings is awesome. Not really feeling any either. I think that's progress.

Gayle - Down 2% more? You continue to amaze me.

Carolyn - 8 pounds is great!

Think I'll make spaghetti squash for dinner. Now it off to get DD ready for skating, and hit the grocery store afterwards.

Carolyn-----I'm jumping for JOY with you!!!!!! You've worked hard, and it's paying off!
NOW............[font color=purple]Let's make it 9![/font] :p

Gayle

Morning ladies!
Sorry I'm running out the door again. DH is slowly filling out house with old 80's arcade games (only one working so far, he promises me more will work soon, lol). He bought another one outside Philly and we're heading up to pick it up soon.

Quick WooHoo to Carolyn! OMGosh, 8 lbs. is AMAZING! :) Congrats to Gayle for body fat loss AND smaller waist, way to go! Hi to everyone else, I'll catch up on personals when we get back.

My weigh in for this week is 133.2 (for a loss of 3 lbs. so far). I must be taking the *slow boat* here, lol. My waist was down 1" but no budge on the hips, boohoo. Here's a link to week 3 pics.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=18661602&uid=940253

BBL,
Kathy

Hello again,

Have just a minute to see how everyone is doing today.
DH is napping...phew! He is always hanging over my shoulder when I try to check in....guess he is jealous. ;-)

Michelle: Great job in getting in 18 workouts! Keep it up your doing great.:)

Carolyn: Awesome! 8#'s Good for you!

Gayle: I love Yee's stretches too! Ya on down on body % :D

Sherry: I use DB's too for lower body work it moves faster for me. :)

Kathy: Down 3#'s..Great Job! Keep it up.:7 What is your DH doing with all those 80's arcade games? Collecting I am sure....

Melissa: Enjoy your free day! A good stretch is due for you like Gayle it sounds. :) How is your DD feeling today?

Jennifer: How are you today? Do you start 4DS rotation today?

Hi Jean,Susan and Belinda :)

Have a great evening....BBL or tomorrow. Heidi :7

Hello everyone! I've had such a busy weekend. Yesterday was my free day because I knew I was having company. I was a little worried because in the past, my free day ruined me. I had such a hard time getting back on track. This morning I made the pancakes in the EFL cookbook and they were awesome!! So I just decided that will be my "morning after" breakfast.

Carolyn- big congrats ont he 8lb loss!

Gayle- I could use a great stretch today also!

Kathy- congrats on your loss!

Michelle- wow 18 workouts!!

Hi Sherry, Jennifer, Susan, Belinda, Heidi and Sherry! Hope I didn't miss anyone!

So I see all of you doing so much more cardio than the 20 min. Any specific reason (other than training for a marathon-wow!) Even though it was just me and all three kids (one sick with strep, another cutting his first tooth), I still managed to get in my 20 min! Yeah for me! I really feel committed this time and it feels great!!

Have to go get ready- my sil is coming over to finish the wedding invitations tonight! Have a great day!
Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.