BF in crash update...

gettingfitmom

Cathlete
She is in rehab, still has trach and will most definitly be paraylized from the chest down...All because the other driver made the decision to drive while drunk. Makes me so mad. They were barely hurt and my BF is in a wheelchair for the rest of her life. Life is so unfair sometimes!

I'm so sorry. These things make me so angry! The drunk driver should be thrown in jail and even that isn't enough. It's so crazy how much damage drinking can cause and yet is still a legal substance.

So sorry this has happened to your friend. I would be angry too! It's beyond unfair and extemely sad! Is the drunk driver being brought up on any charges beyond DUI??

It's so crazy how much damage drinking can cause and yet is still a legal substance.

The alcohol is not the problem. The irresponsible consumer is the problem. Millions of people consume alcohol responsibly including myself. Just sayin...:)

Last edited:
I am so sorry about your BF. This is so heartbreaking and you are right, not fair. I know this is hard for you, for her and her family, but I will pray this won't take her down into a pit of depression or despair.

I am so sorry!

This is so wrong.

I hope the drunk driver will get charged serioiusly. I do not agree that drunk drivers will only get probation because they "were under the influence" and did not know what they were doing. Why does it seem so hard to simply not drink and drive? Why does society make excuses for drunk drivers?

I am so deeply sorry for you and your best friend. I have been giving monthly donations to MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) for a very long time.

Please accept my heartfelt sympathy and prayers.

Natasha

So sorry this has happened to your friend. I would be angry too! It's beyond unfair and extemely sad! Is the drunk driver being brought up on any charges beyond DUI??

The alcohol is not the problem. The irresponsible consumer is the problem. Millions of people consume alcohol responsibly including myself. Just sayin...:)

Your right.

But I think there is a double standard with alcohol. Normally, if any product causes ANY ONE PERSON harm, the product has to be taken off the market. Look at all the toy recalls, for example. Alcohol does a lot of harm to a lot of people and it is still for sale.

Alcohol is recognized by the body as a toxin, it does not contribute to cell building and maintenance. Therefore, it could be eliminated without any consquence.

sorry to hear about your friend. I've been following your posts, praying she has a miracle and recovers. Very sad and scary how life can take a turn :( Just a reminder to cherish each day. Hope your friend finds the strength to still live life.

mixed feeling on the comments on alcohol- I think to a degree it needs to be more regulated. it is almost a drug for some people and people get dependent on it just like some illegal drugs. It alters your perception and thinking like illegal drugs. If making it more controlled meant less people would get hurt then I'm all for it.

mixed feeling on the comments on alcohol- I think to a degree it needs to be more regulated. it is almost a drug for some people and people get dependent on it just like some illegal drugs. It alters your perception and thinking like illegal drugs. If making it more controlled meant less people would get hurt then I'm all for it.

This I agree with. Controlling it better (stricter laws for it's consumption, etc) is entirely different then just flat out making it illegal. :)

ETA:: OTOH it seems that the more "taboo" you make something the more trouble it causes. Other countries are much less strict in their laws regarding alcohol then US and have far fewer problems with it.

Last edited:
Oh, how this hurts my heart - I cannot imagine how YOU must be feeling - or her, or her family... HUGS to you, & please let her know that many people are praying for her.

Not trying to breed false hope here but there are instances where doctors will say a person will never walk again, etc and they overcome the odds and prove the doctors wrong! I will pray that your friend might be one of these people!!!!! Encourage her to fight and to never give up hope!!!!

She is in rehab, still has trach and will most definitly be paraylized from the chest down...All because the other driver made the decision to drive while drunk. Makes me so mad. They were barely hurt and my BF is in a wheelchair for the rest of her life. Life is so unfair sometimes!

I'm so sorry! I was hoping your update would be better news! I pray also for a miracle! Big, big hugs to you. She's very fortunate to have such a sweet, caring friend!

Prayers & big hugs to her family & your family! I was hoping & praying the news would have been better! She is extremely fortunate to have a great friend who cares for her!

I'm so sorry the news wasn't better...you, your friend and her family will be in my thoughts. She's lucky to have a supportive friend in you.

Thank you everyone for your heart felt wishes. The news is still the same. What upsets me and I know this being selfish, but she doesn't want me to come see yet. I NEED to see her, but I will respect her wishes. I want to tel her in person,that I will be there no matter what. SHe probably has months of rehab ahead of her before she can even come home, her family is from out of state...I want t tell her that I am willing to go to PT with her because I plan to help her when she comes home. I know she knows this...I can handle a trach, a feeding tube, whatever. Patience... breath deep...kep praying.
Sorry, had to vent a little. :)

Thank you everyone for your heart felt wishes. The news is still the same. What upsets me and I know this being selfish, but she doesn't want me to come see yet. I NEED to see her, but I will respect her wishes. I want to tel her in person,that I will be there no matter what. SHe probably has months of rehab ahead of her before she can even come home, her family is from out of state...I want t tell her that I am willing to go to PT with her because I plan to help her when she comes home. I know she knows this...I can handle a trach, a feeding tube, whatever. Patience... breath deep...kep praying.
Sorry, had to vent a little. :)

Hugs!!!! She is probably not quite ready to see any kind of pity in the eyes of those she loves yet.

Alisha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.