Beta 2.2 of the Workout Manager Now Released

SNM Videos

Administrator
We have now released beta version 2.2 of the Workout Manager. This version of the WM features the ability to now adjust or take your 1RM right from your workout card for any exercise in the WM calendar.

When you now go to view your workout card in the WM calendar for an STS workout you will see an “Edit” link next to any exercise that requires a 1RM test. If you have not taken a 1RM test for an exercise simply click on the edit link and follow the directions to quickly take a 1RM test. If you have already taken a 1RM test for an exercise and after completing the workout found you needed to adjust your 1RM, you can now simply adjust your 1RM by also clicking on the edit link by the exercise that you want to correct. Once you make this adjustment your new 1RM will be used throughout the entire STS program to calculate your weights.

The Workout Manager is a Free application offered by us to all registered users of the Cathenation. The WM can be found at: http://www.thecathenation.com/workout/

1RM-edit.jpg

Outstanding! You guys consistently out do yourselves. I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the workout manager and all of its features. I do not know of another software package which is free. Thanks! :)

Way cool. Thank you so much! I can only imagine the brain power that goes into making this component of STS so 'brainless' for us. It is so appreciated!

WOW!! Impressive! thank you!!

A quick question,

can you adjust the weight you actually lifted (say 60%) and will it adjust your 1RM?

Thanks again!!

If you record the weight and reps you actually did on your card and then click the edit link, your actual weight and reps will be shown in the boxes that appear. Just click calculate and then click save and your 1RM will be updated.

If you record the weight and reps you actually did on your card and then click the edit link, your actual weight and reps will be shown in the boxes that appear. Just click calculate and then click save and your 1RM will be updated.

Thank you SNM for creating this newer nicer WM 2.2 Rev!
I see now you can either record your actual weights & reps and opt not to calculate/update the new 1RM, -OR- you can record your actual weights & reps and opt to calculate/update the new 1RM so it correlates with the actual weights and reps you do.
I like that opt to option because it shows an accurate up-to-date picture of where you are strength-wise!

This brings up another question...
I could not see a way to denote (when the workout card is printed out) that the 1RM is updated to the actual weights/reps or not updated to the actual weights/reps. In other words, how can one tell, by looking at the workout card that the actual weights/reps are correlated to the 1RM(was the 1RM re-calculated)? Does my question make sense?

Edited to add...
Another question...
On the Workout Card, are the columns which are headed "Actual Weight" and "Actual Reps" only for us to write in? I thought maybe that could be updated with the actual weight and reps you actually did --you'd type it in and it would show up there, but, I see if you type in the actuals they end up showing up in the "Target Weight" amd Target Rep" columns. Is this the intent?

thanks again...

Last edited:
Just wanted to let you know that you can't do the edit in mozilla firefox but you can in Internet Explorer and I use Mozilla Firefox. Is this a bug?

Just wanted to let you know that you can't do the edit in mozilla firefox but you can in Internet Explorer and I use Mozilla Firefox. Is this a bug?

We actually design in FireFox and everything seems to works fine. I just tested again to make sure and everything worked as it should in FireFox. Is your FireFox up to date?

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.