Athleta fall catalog

I just have some tops and I'm a small. I think I'm a small since none of the tops have shoulders so I can fit that way and don't need a medium. I haven't bought anything with number sizes.

Re: sizing and fabric......

the only pants I've found that work for me are the newer (more room in thighs) dipper pants. I guess I don't wear designer clothes because I'm a 6 in most pants, sometimes an 8, and the 6 dippers fit me pretty well, though a bit big in the waist. On the fabric.... I wore my dipper pants throughout the summer and did not have a problem with feeling "extra" hot, if that helps at all. In fact, I think I reached for them when I felt like I wanted more lightweight less-hot feel (well, than jeans, anyway). Hope that helps!

I am trying hard not to look at that catalog again.....

-Beth

ETA I'm sitting here in one of my dippers right now, as a matter of fact!

I would never ever in a million years name a pair of pants "dipper pants". At least for anyone who does not wear diapers!!! LOL, I kept reading "diaper pants". ;)

Yeah, I don't know about the name, but I love 'em. My husband always compliments me when I wear them, and they're very comfortable. Do wish they were just a little smaller in the waist.... sigh.....

-Beth

I don't mean to be an enabler ;), but have you checked out the latest Athleta catalog? Since Amyg brought my attention to the clothes, I just fell in love with the designs and the high quality of the fabrics. It's funny, because their stuff does not fit me, yet I keep trying to buy something. One of the customer service people there has the same problem I do: we're not pear-shaped and we don't have tiny waists and big hips. Yet she works there and keeps trying to find pants that will fit her! LOL!

This reminds me of when I worked as I customer service rep for Victoria's Secret Catalog. One night, I got a woman on the phone who asked "Be honest, don't you think the price of bras is ridiculous?" Even though I knew our supervisors were always listening to our calls I started ranting along with her. And I meant everything I said!

Sizing revisited

Ok, for the heck of it I just went to try on my size 4 dippers that are in the style with less fabric in the legs. They've always been too tight to look decent so I've never worn them and should have returned them, but didn't. Well, they fit now, and I was wrong, there is a teeny bit of stretch to the fabric, but personally I didn't want to wear these when they were snug on me -- they looked really bad that way. I guess fitness freak's leg blast is working! :) Not sure I've helped or confused you......

-Beth

Ok, for the heck of it I just went to try on my size 4 dippers that are in the style with less fabric in the legs. They've always been too tight to look decent so I've never worn them and should have returned them, but didn't. Well, they fit now, and I was wrong, there is a teeny bit of stretch to the fabric, but personally I didn't want to wear these when they were snug on me -- they looked really bad that way. I guess fitness freak's leg blast is working! :) Not sure I've helped or confused you......

-Beth

Oh, darn. I was hoping you would send them to me. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.