Asylum: How much jump roping?

LisaG

Cathlete
Hello,

For those of you who have done the Asylum dvd's - how much jump roping is involved? I love to jump rope at my local gym and wish I could do it in my home workout space but the low ceilings prevent me from doing so. So, just wondering on how much I'll be missing out on by just "pretend" jump roping in those sections.

Any input or comments you have would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lisa

I can't directly answer your question about Asylum (just got it and haven't gone through the DVD's yet), but you may be interested in this product: http://www.amazon.com/Power-Systems-34902-Airope-Pro/dp/B002B3JJC4

Someone over at VF recommended this and it looks perfect for those who can't use a rope in their workout spaces. I can JUST barely rope in my workout room, but am considering this option to take away the constant paranoia that I'm going to whack something at any second!

You don't need to use an actual jump rope for Asylum - there's always at least one person on the videos demonstrating without one. I'm on Day 5 and it's been fine for me so far. As I progress I will do more rope-jumping outside just to see how well I do on some of the moves with an actual rope. :)

Stebby

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for all the feedback...I think I'm almost ready to take the Asylum challenge!

Dove's workouts have some jumping rope in them too. I don't always pull out my rope. Sometimes I just jump like I have one.

I think you'll be fine to pretend jumping rope, instead of actually having the rope. :)

I am just using the weighted handles from a weighted jump rope. I think I paid under $ 4 at Walmart. It works really well.

However, if I follow tricky moves without the actual rope attached and then try it later outside with the rope, there is no comparison. Just because you do the moves pretend does not mean you can do them with the rope attached. It is a tad more streneous to jump with the rope, too.

I have separate jump rope sessions outside or in the garage.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.