April 2011 Jogglers

Hi ladies!

Jane - nice job on your race!

Tricia - cultivating a positive mental outlook is great and important but don't beat yourself up for being disappointed either. It's normal and natural and if we didn't get disappointed we wouldn't really try for things either, right?

Alisha and Cindi - Hi!

I was very unhappy with the vet I took Nellie to on Thursday so I am taking her to Charlotte (5 hour drive!) on Monday to have her tumor removed, teeth cleaned and back x-rayed. I know there must be good vets closer but I just want it done and done well by someone I trust at this point.

I'm in Hatteras this weekend. I rode this morning and cleared trail at the same time - very interesting! We decided that riding with loppers is the equestrian equivalent of running with scissors. Everything worked out but it was definitely a full-body workout!

I'm very excited to announce that after ages of working on it, Chip is now getting all of the way in and out of the trailer and is happy and relaxed doing it. Still have some work to do but I was so proud of him yesterday and today. He's such a good little horse.

I'm going to ride tomorrow morning after trailer work (with Chip and another horse). I'm a little disappointed that I forgot my workout dvds but don't think its a real big deal - I'll walk and ride instead.

Lisa

Alisha - I wish I could say I forgot! I just got busy with grocery shopping, baking chocolate pecan pie and making black bean soup. I just sat down to eat 20 minutes ago! Have a nice run tomorrow!

Lisa - I don't blame you for wanting to take Nellie to someone you know for this. It's important and you want to know that the medical attention she's getting is top notch and the info the vet is giving you is the best. Finding someone you can trust closer will take time and you want to do that when they're relatively healthy and nothing serious is going on! I hope it all works out well and Nellie is fine! You're getting some good workouts with your riding!

Thanks for the boost!

We'll have to schedule a "wine" night! Anyone who doesn't drink wine can bring the beverage of their choice! lol :eek:

Have a great day tomorrow!

Happy Hip Hop Day!

Lisa- Congrats on the progress with Chip. I'm sorry that Nellie doesn't have a closer vet. I think riding and walking a perfectly fine as workouts.

Tricia- chocolate pecan pie sounds tasty!!

Last night there was some big party in the neighborhood, including a Banda musical group and fireworks. Oh my, I'm tired. I will run a couple of hours. I just had a couple of pieces of sprouted bread and a fortune cookie.

I may have told you gals this, but the way a fortune cookie works is you open it, read it and then if you like the fortune, eat it, if not don't eat it and the magic won't apply to you.

Have a wonderful Bunny Day!

Alisha

Alisha - The party sounds like it was a lot of fun! You know, no one ever told me not to eat it if the fortune wasn't one you liked! Thanks for that tidbit!

We played golf today with some friends. It was beautiful out and lots of fun! Not too busy. Now, we're relaxing with the pups and will have our dinner later. I'm thinking about a pice of pie right now . . .

Hello Lisa and Jane! Hope you're having a wonderfully Hoppy Easter (credit to Alisha for that one)!

Happy Monday,

I hope everyone had a great Easter. We didn't do much of anything this year but we were all tired from Saturday. I did manage to get a workout in though. I did an upper body workout that I made up in the afternoon outside. It was beautiful.

Here is tonight's workout. My sisters are going to hate me for this one. I can't get into the track so I'm doing this around the neighborhood so distances may not be exact.

200m run
20 Swings
400m run
40 Jump Squats
600m run
60 Step ups
800m run
80 Push ups

Lisa ~ I don't blame to for taking Nellie to someone you trust. I'm sending lots of positive and healing vibes your way. Congrats on the work you've done with Chip. Fantastic!!

Alisha ~ Glad you had fun at the party. I hope you got your run in today. I am not a fan of eating the fortune cookie. It's not sweet enough for me. I was told to read the fortune and then end it with...."in bed". It makes it interesting when you read them out aloud.

Tricia ~ Is there any pie left? :eek: Glad you had fun golfing yesterday.

Last edited:
Hi there Jane!

Great workout! There is one slice of pie left, but I don't know how long it's going to last! lol We ate badly all weekend! That's okay though. How often do we really pig out like that? 3, 4 times a year? Everything was delicious.

I had my doctor's appointment today and I asked her about my reaction to the Shakeology. She looked at the ingredient list and said with my allergies, it would be difficult to pin down without extensive testing. She really doesn't think it's the whey because I'm okay with other dairy that contains whey. She even thinks it could be a combination. She also thinks I don't need the Shakeology anyway because I eat really healthy most of the time. She made some suggestions for additional protein and getting my full fruit and veggie allotment for each day. I love her!

STS Disc 7 about killed me today! Wow! I'm loving it even more this time around! I'm tired now though! So glad I immediately did dishes and got the trash out because I'm totally done for now! lol

How about the rest of you? How's your Monday gone?

Happy Tuesday! Only 5 more days!

I plan on going for a joggle later today. I did Low Max and Shiva Rae yesterday. Its finally dry out there. Its been raining off and on for a couple of days now. Its more like March than April weather. I did not get my Sunday Joggle, it literally started to rain when I stepped out the door. Where is the justice in that? :mad:

My Dad and I are being considered for a new job, keep your fingers crossed.

Tricia-Its probably not the whey. Its probably something else that bit you. I can eat beans and mexican food all day but Chipotle restaurant makes me so sick every time! I don't know why.

Jane-Hey, don't worry if your sisters hate you, we love you anyway!

Lisa-How is things with the vet? Did it go well?

Cindi: chirp chirp chirp

I'm taking a Shiva Rae Yoga day. Catch ya later! I did enjoy my run yesterday, I think I will get another joggle tomorrow morning.

Alisha

I took a rest day and tonight I did the following workout. It was a toughie but luckily there was a nice breeze.

Warm up - 600m run
20 Double KB Presses
50 Jumping Jacks
20 push ups
400m run
20 KB Swings
25 Ball Slams
20 Jumping Pull ups
50 Jumping Jacks
20 Reverse Suitcase KB lunges 20r/20l
400m run
20 Thrusters
25 Ball Slams
20 Weighted Sit ups
50 Jumping Jacks
20 Renegade Rows
400m run

Alisha ~ Enjoy your run tomorrow morning. Did you and your dad get the job?

Tricia ~ Sounds like you have a great doctor.

Hi Lisa!

Hi ladies! Realized I hadn't checked in yesterday! I"ve had a couple of lazy days. I'm starting to get that "don't want to workout after work" feeling again. Sigh. Wonder if I could switch back to mornings again? At least for my cardio! I'm thinking I could do one weekday night of weights and 2 back to back on the weekend, so long as one is upper and one is lower body. I don't know. I'm so fed up with my schedule.

Anyway, that's where I'm at right now!

Alisha - Have you heard anything on that job yet? I really hope you get it! Glad you got a joggle in the other day! Hopefully, it made up for the one that got rained out! Yeah, the weather's been awful here too. Supposed to see the sun tomorrow though. I agree that it probably isn't the whey. Oh, well.

Jane - That looks like a killer workout! Glad you made it through!

Nothing much else going on here. Just counting the days and trying to get through these awful, slow work days. We are so dead in the office. There's just not much work right now and it makes things so hard and the days so long. I think that's part of why I can't get the energy up to workout at the end of the day. I'm exhausted from trying so hard to stay busy! I'd rather be busting my butt all day! I leave pretty much with my adrenaline pumping and I'm ready to keep going! Hope things change soon in that regard!

Hi Lisa and Cindi! We miss you around here! Not that we can't entertain ourselves, of course! lol

Here is the workout I did last night.

30 seconds of work continuously for 3 minutes. 2 Rounds.

Triplet #1
Swings
Farmer's Walk
Jumping Jacks or Jump Rope

Triplet #2
Weighed Squats
Squat Jumps
Bicycles

Triplet #3
Suicides up and back
Ball Slams
mountain climbers

Tricia ~ I hope things pick up for you soon. That is how it is in my office too. I am busy at the beginning of the month but by the end it is pretty slow. I'm doing scanning right now. It's not too much fun but I have to get up and walk down the hall to the scanner so at least I'm getting exercise.

Hi Lisa and Alisha.

TGIF!!!

Tricia- Yeah, why is it that slow days are harder than zoom days?

Jane- Looks like a good workout.

We have not heard anything more on that job. We won't know for a while. I did a kick box DVD last night because there was a fire not too far from here and I won't run in smoke. I did go for a jog/walk this morning. My heart rate is up. Bleh.

I have to take my practice LSAT now, which is a 5 hour exam. (no kidding, really its actually 5 hours long. which is nothing when you consider that the bar exam is 3 days.) Tomorrow I will be going to my LSAT prep class. In the afternoon my brother and I will be driving down to San Luis Obispo for my Auntie's 60th birthday. Its a big deal and a surprise. I don't anticipate getting much exercise but I will take my clothes anyway (just in case there is an opportunity.) I might get up early tomorrow and do a Cathe disc, I don't have to leave the house until 8:30.

I'm procrastinating. I will start that practice test within the next 9 minutes. I promise.

Alisha

Jane - I really like this workout! Looks fun! I do the office scanning too, but caught that up 2 weeks ago! At least we had a couple of real estate closings yesterday which made my afternoon a bit better!

Alisha - Good luck with your practice exam! I couldn't imagine sitting and testing for that long! I think the longest I've ever been tested has been 2 hours! Enjoy your visit with your Aunt!

I got my workout done last night! Yay! Disc 8 Back & Tris. I"m a couple of days behind due to some workout blahs. Combination of weather and slow work days. They really kill the mental positivity!

Have a fabulous Saturday ladies!

I'm taking an extra rest day, maybe. I might get to do travel fit when I get there tonight or I might feel the need to visit.

Have you read the pre-sale post yet? Which workouts are most appealing to you? I'm excited about the barre workout and the low impact step.

I don't know when I will get to post again, I will take my laptop (I want to be able to pre-sale order on Monday.)

Alisha

Hi Everyone,

I forgot to post yesterday. :confused: Anyway here is Friday's Workout. I managed to get in 7 rounds. Those Bear Crawls were killer. I'm glad that most of my neighbors can't see into my yard...if they did they would have seen a very funny sight.

Max Rounds in 30 Minutes
Bear Crawls
15 Swings
5 Squat Thrust/Sandbag Jump overs
3 Mr. Spectaculars

I did this workout this morning:

Jump Rope for 3 minutes
Then
4 Rounds of:
6x Bicep Curl
6x Military Press
6x Front Squat
6x Bent over Row
6x Straight-leg Deadline
6x Front Raises
Then
2 Rounds of:
5x Overhead Squats
Walking Lunges
10x Overhead Squats
Walking Lunges
15x Overhead Squats
Walking Lunges
20x Overhead Squats
Walking Lunges
Then:
4x 30/30 Burpees
Rest 1 minute
4x 30/30 Broad Jump
Rest 1 minute
4x 30/30 Swings
Rest 1 minute
4x 30/30 Jump Squats

Alisha ~ I hope your practice test went well. 5 hours is a long time! Have a great time with your Aunt.

All the new workouts sound great. They ones that don't appeal to me are the yoga, barre and step. The others look great! I don't think I'm going to take advantage of the pre-sale though. I am going to wait until they come out and see the clips first.

Tricia ~ Great job on getting your workout in. I will tell you that I would probably having trouble working out if I didn't have my sisters to push me (and me to push them). When I got home from work, I was lying on the bed and didn't want to get up to workout but my sisters push me to do it. Then I had to do all those bear crawls...ugh!

It's a gorgeous day outside. I am going to do some cleaning around the house and hopeful I can get out there for a little while at least.

Hi Lisa!

Enjoy the day!

Alisha - Have a safe trip and a fun visit! They all look good to me, but I'm most interested in the barre and the yoga, After Burn and Athletic Training! Hope your practice test went well!

Jane - Wow! That was one killer workout and I would look funny doing bear crawls too - actually, really, who wouldn't? lol I can usually get my workouts done without any problem. Last week was just uggy! Needed the push. You are so lucky to have them to workout with! I won't be pre-ordering the new workouts either, mainly for financial reasons, but they're certainly going on my continually-growing list! All but the cycling one. I don't do stationary biking.

I did TF Fire 30 today and abs. Tomorrow is my make up day for my leg work. STS Disc 9! I can't believe next week will already be week 4, then I'll have a rest week! Don't know what to do for my rest week yet. I don't want to just sit around.

I went for a 8 mile run this morning. It was beautiful! Then headed over to mom's and gave her a pedicure and did some other things for her, then headed over to Wal-Mart to buy a bunch of stuff to donate for the tornado victims in Mississippi (my friend is from there)...whew....it was a busy day.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Hi ladies,
I can't seem to keep up with our check in! Today I doggled - CC Vsomething (whichever one has the lion and the gazelle) and worked in the garden. The second half of this week I did STS Full Body (I hate having the guy in the back with the poor form!), Bum Bum and High and Tight. Nellie's doing well. Still no results of her path report.

Hope everyone is having a great day and getting good workouts in.

Lisa

Jane - Nice workout and nice that you did so much for your mom! I hope she is still doing well!

Lisa - We know you're around! lol Still sending positive energy for good results for Nellie!

I got my STS leg workout done today. I usually do it on Fridays, but with my blah days, I've been behind schedule! All in all, I only missed one workout for last week. I'm back on schedule starting tomorrow! Week 4 of Meso 1 already. Wow! It goes by fast when you do the 3 1/2 month rotation!

Have a great night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.