April 2011 Jogglers

Hi Everyone!

I had a busy day yesterday but managed to get in the following workout.

The Freaky 400
50 Barbell Bench Presses
50 Jump Squats
50 Pull ups
50 Deadlifts
50 Weighted Sit ups
50 Barbell Presses
50 Walking Lunges (50 each leg)
50 Barbell Curls

Today was an 8 mile run. It was a beautiful morning in the 50s. I think this will be our last cool morning for a long time. The last couple of days have been gorgeous.

Lisa ~ Great job on your workouts. It sounds like you have been really consistent.

Alisha ~ Good job on handling that class. It would be scary, scary hard for me. I don't do well on tests. Enjoy your joggle today.

Tricia ~ Still sending the positive vibes to you and Stephen. Hope it all works out well.

Hope you're feeling better after the wozzie workout yesterday. I only feel like that when I workout in the heat.

Alisha - At least the test prep and exam are short term! I hate those tests as well. I don't do well on timed exams even if I really know the material well! Lots of luck! Sending you good vibes and energy!

Jane - Oh, my! Is that 50 pullups in a row? I can barely eek out 16-20 at one time! You go, girl!

I am feeling my leg workout today! Ouch! My poor glutes and hamstrings! We had a horrible storm last night and Peanut freaked out. It lasted most of the night so I was up with her until she finally settled when the worst of it went through around 5 a.m. We dozed on the couch for about a half hour and went up to bed - finally. I'm so exhausted today. I considered getting my Turbo Fire workout done, but I think I'd hurt myself.

I finally got to the grocery store today. It's nice to have good food in the house again! It was almost $200, but I had absolutely nothing at home! It's STS Disc 4 tomorrow!

Have a nice afternoon and a great Monday!

I'm planning on Step Works later in the afternoon. This morning is fix-the-printed-document-max:D

Jane- Any pull ups is impressive.

Tricia- Don't forget to take an epsom salt bath for your glutes! Poor peanut! Sleep is more important than workouts.

Alisha

Here's my workout for tonight. It was a cardio burner.

Four 8 minute rounds. In each round complete the max number of rounds.
Round 1
20 Step ups
20 Sit ups
20 Jumping Jacks
Round 2
5 Squat Thrusts
10 Weighted Sit ups
20 Squats
Round 3
3 Driveway Runs
10 Swings
20 Walking Lunges
Round 4
5 Suitcase Deadlifts
10 Jump Squats
15 Push ups

Alisha ~ Hope you had a great day and fun steppin'.

Tricia ~ Poor Peanut. I don't like storms either. Hope your glutes feel better today.

Hi Lisa!

Morning!

Jane - Even in 2 sets, jumping pullups are impressive! I still use a chair assist!

Alisha - I just told Stephen I need to invest in epsom salts! I never have any around when I think about it! He ran the Boston Marathon yesterday and he could use some too!

Hope you survived fix-the-document-max!

Well, ladies, it's official. I think I'm allergic to the whey in my Shakeology. Tried it again yesterday and was violently sick the rest of the night. Yep. Worse than the last time. That's it for me. I hate vomiting worse than anything. I"m done. I will continue to sing it's praises because it is a fabulous product! I had great benefits from it for a short while until I started reacting to it.

I did manage to get STS Disc 4 done before that though! Thank goodness!

Great workouts for both of you yesterday!

I had to put not one, but 2 tires on my car yesterday. Turned out the other rear one was about to blow as well. Oh, well, it had to be done!

Have a terrific day! We have showers in the forecast, but nothing stormy - I hope!

No workout for me today. I'm meeting my sisters for dinner and then we are off to see Jane Fonda at a book reading in our little town. She started a Foundation in our County in 1998 to help needy children and women and the reading is a fund raising event for the Foundation.

Tricia ~ I'm sorry to hear that you were sick last night. Yuk! I know many people who have reactions to Whey. I'm glad you got your workout in.

Congrats to Stephen on running at Boston! My friend ran it last year.

The weather has been really beautiful here but the heat is just around the corner. We are already in the 90's and will probably stay that way until September at least.

Way to go Stephen!!! The Boston is such a hard race!!! Wow!:eek::eek::eek:

Jane-How was the visit with Jane?

Tricia-Just throw out the shakeology. It might be something other than the whey. I hope you feel better today.

I'm just sitting around watching a movie. I guess its a rest day. ttotm, normally I do 4DS, but I just don't want to. I finally finished my humongous video project. The paper work (all 250 pages of it.) is at the typesetters. I expect to be all done by Saturday. I might go to the library later in the day, I'm supposed to start studying for my LSAT. I haven't decided to take it in June or October. I don't normally test well even though I do extremely well in real life situations. I'm using a book called ConZentration which has tricks, techniques for focusing one's mind during different kinds of situations.

I've been called to jury duty in May. I hope I get a short case, maybe just 2-3 days. My Aunt Laurie's birthday is on May 1. I will be going down to SLO (San Luis Obispo) and surprising her with Orchids and myself. So, until I get back, I won't be jumping in with both feet to the job market. In the meantime, its study like crazy and enjoy my workouts.

Can you believe it?? Today is the 19th!! Less than two weeks until presale!!

Alisha

Last edited:
Jane - I would love to meet Jane Fonda! How fun for you! Our weather has been crap. Rain and cold even though the temps are in the 50s.

Alisha - Enjoy your movie! Some days you just need to veg out! I know what you mean about doing well in real life, but not on tests! I'm right there with ya! I hope you get dismissed from jury duty soon! I hate jury duty.

Looks like I'm going to miss this presale too. Stephen got shunned on the job. We couldn't believe it. 3 interviews with every single one of the managing directors. They liked him, but are indecisive of what direction they want to take - yeah, right. Looks like UConn. He sent his acceptance tonight since tomorrow is his deadline.

Poor again before we even had the chance to breathe easy! Yes, I'm whining again. I think the Universe hates us. I just don't get it. Oh, well.

I did not work out tonight. Still not rehydrated after last night. I drink a lot of water - really - a lot. 4-6 litres a day. I went to the bathroom twice all day. I was also still pretty exhausted. I'll pick up tomorrow with STS Disc 5 Back and Triceps. Should be feeling 100% by then.

Hope you all have a great night!

I'm going to do another Cardio Hit, I don't know which one yet. I have a dentist appointment, my front tooth seems to be chipped/discolored.

Tricia- I am so sorry that he didn't get it! What he should do (as painful as it sounds) is to call them and let them know if something should come open in the future he is still interested in working with the company.

Its been overcast and rainy for two days.

Jane- I hope you have a good workout today.

Alisha

Hi Ladies!

I am going for a run this afternoon. I have a 10K race on Saturday morning. I won't have problem getting to this race, it is only 5 minutes away! :)

I enjoyed the event with Jane Fonda last night. It was moved to a smaller venue for 2 reasons - tickets sales and due a threat of protesters regarding the whole "Hanoi Jane" situation. She read a section of her book that dealt with the filming of On Golden Pond especially parts with dealt with Katherine Hepburn and her father. Afterwards she took questions from the audience. It lasted almost 2 hours. It was very interesting and entertaining.

It was a fundraiser for the Community Resource Center that she founded along with other members of the community. It has after school programs and provides the only teen clinic in the area. It is something that is really needed in the community.

Alisha ~ Hope all went well with your dentist appointment.

Tricia ~ I'm sorry to hear about the job falling through for Stephen. Hang in there - every cloud has a silver lining. It just wasn't the right place for him.

I hope you are feeling better today.

Hi Lisa!

Alisha - There won't be any chance of that! He'll be at UConn in the PhD program for 5 years. After that, he'll teach. Thank you for all your support and tolerance of my whining! Hope the dentist visit wasn't too bad!

Jane - Good luck on your 10K this weekend! I can't believe people still protest the whole Hanoi Jane thing! It sounds like the event was very interesting! What an opportunity and for a good cause too! Thank you for all your support and good thoughts! I know I've been a whining pain in the butt at times!

You guys have been terrific! Well, it's five more years for us, but at least everyone will have to call him Dr. Rush when he's done! lol

I did STS Disc 5 Back & Triceps tonight. Feeling so much better today! I hear they're coming out with a vegan version of Shakeology. Not sure when, but I will certainly be looking into it when it comes out! I loved how I felt on it during the short time I was able to drink it!

I was going to attend a Fit Club tomorrow night, but I think I'll wait and go next week. Stephen is off from classes this week and want to make the most of having him home this week.

Have a great night! Sleep well!

The dentist visit was fine. They got this discoloration off my teeth for only 150 dollars. I did Power max yesterday. Today is a rest day. Tomorrow may be a run day. Its been rainy at night, clearing up the AM and then sunny for most of the day.

My feet are tired. Its weird. I don't really know why, but the bottoms kind of hurt/tender. I didn't fall or anything and I shouldn't be overtrained. I'm not working out enough:p;)

My Dad and I might have a short 1500/dollar job. Thats better than nothing! I do the driving, hold the clip board and generally look officious.

Tricia- I'm sure Stephen will like being a professor. He can practice on us and tell us all about how to get into the boston marathon.:):D

Jane- I hope the 10k goes well. I would think its been long enough since the Hanoi Jane deal for it to be forgotten.

Alisha

Hi ladies,
Tricia - I'm sorry to hear about the job. Thank goodness he was accepted at UConn but I can tell that is a real let down for you. ((HUGS)) Hope you are feeling better.

Alisha - I hate the dentist. Glad it went well.

Jane - Good luck on your race! At least you won't have any race morning how do I get there and where do I park jitters. I hate that part the most.

I've been walking. Mostly 12,000 step days with one 9,000 stepper and a 20,000 stepper in there too. Did Bonus Mix on Pyramid yesterday. Did parts of Providence and Ellen's Slim Sculpt this am. Took Nellie to vet. She has a tumor in her groin. Could be nothing, could be something major. Waiting for bloodwork and where to go from here.
Lisa

Alisha - Glad the dentist visit went well! Hope you're able to get your run in tomorrow! Funny thing about the bottoms of your feet - maybe just a bit sensitive? Nice that you have a job! Yay! Don't know if you'd really like to do the Boston Marathon! Stephen said it was hill hell all the way, the whole 26.2 miles with a biggie at the end! I know I wouldn't want to do that one!

Lisa - Thank you. Yes, it was a significant disappointment. I'm ready to start counting down the next five years, but he's not even finished with this one yet! Sigh. I almost had myself in tears today. Whenever I start thinking about how I have to give up all my dreams, desires, and wishes now permanently, I just want to cry. I have to push it back out of my mind and just try to function in the current moment. Not easy. I'm going to need a lot of alcohol over the next five years - if I can afford it anyway!

I hope Nellie is okay and the tumor is benign! Will be sending positive energy!

Glad you're getting in so much walking! That's great!

You ladies have a great night. I'm going to keep working on a positive attitude!

Hi All,

Here is my workout for tonight. It wasn't too tough but it was really warm out there tonight.

Three Rounds
10x Push Press
2 minute Jump Rope
Then
Three Rounds
10x Front Squats
2 minute Step ups
Then
Three Rounds
8x Pull ups
8x Push Ups
8x Renegade Rows
8x Weighted Sit ups
60m Farmers Carry

I couldn't believe the whole Hanoi Jane thing either. It makes me sad that people harbor such hatred for another person. I understand it was a very difficult time in our history and that the military was not treated well during that time but sometimes you have to let things go.

I think my mom is going to come and watch the race on Saturday. It is always great fun when she is there and I can always hear her cheering me on at the end.

Lisa ~ I'm send healing vibes to Nellie. Hope she will be fine. I hate the parking jitters. I always like to know where I'm going.

Tricia ~ Still sending you positive vibes. Please know that sometimes what we want isn't really the best thing for us. Stay the course. You never know what will happen. Of course wine always helps! :)

Alisha ~ I'm glad that dentist went well. Sorry to hear about your feet. I always get that feeling when I walk in uncomfortable or high heeled shoes. I hope they feel better soon!

Have a great night!

Last edited:
Jane - Still a nice workout and pouring sweat just from the heat is good motivation! lol

I think people need to learn to move on. There's learning lessons from history, but constantly rehashing history is detrimental and counter-productive.

So glad your mom is going to be at your race tomorrow! What fun! Will be thinking of you and sending you wind at your back!

Thank you for making me smile! :D Yes, I agree, wine will help me get through these next five years! A bottle every week! I'd have a bottle a day, but I won't be able to afford that! :( Then again, I did find $3.50 wine that was halfway decent . . . ;)

Have a great race tomorrow!

Hi Alisha and Lisa!

Happy Saturday!

I took a rest day yesterday and this morning I ran my 10K in town. The morning started off foggy and overcast but the sun came out by the time the race started. It was very humid and temps were near 70 degrees. My mom and 2 sisters came to cheer us on. I started the race and felt very tired at the beginning but did the 1st mile in 10:30 (good start). I caught up to this guy that I have seen in the last 3 years and he always helped me get up a hill. We ran for a while but I told him to go ahead when I had to walk a bit. He ended up finishing 2 minutes ahead of me and I gave him a great big hug for helping me out again this year. I did not set a PR but did my best time in a 10K in 3 years so I'm really happy about that.

I am headed out for lunch with my sisters, BIL and a couple of friends.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Nice going Jane! How wonderful to have someone in the race to give you motivation and support as you go! Congratulations! Enjoy the rest of the day with your family!

Happy Hip Hop!

Jane- Congratulations on your race!

Tricia-Hey, at least you have us to wine to!:p

I forgot to workout. No, really, I forgot. I will go for a run tomorrow. I had to go shopping this morning and I kept thinking it was Sunday already:eek:

Its grey, overcast and cool. I hope the Easter Bunny can find his way here!

Alisha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.