April 2011 Jogglers

RapidBreath

Cathlete
Its April 1. I don't have a good joke for you. I'm planning on Step Moves later today and I will get a joggle in tomorrow. I took yesterday as a rest day, I just felt bleh.

Have a great April 1!!

Are any of you planning to see Hip Hop? The movie with the Peeps?

Alisha

TGIF!!!

Here's my workout for today. It was a beautiful day!!

5 Rounds
30 seconds work/30 seconds rest

Jump Squats
Box Drills
Hippity Hops (on the bench)
Plate Stack Walkovers

A fun cardio circuit workout.

I have not heard of the movie Hip Hops. By Peeps, do you mean the candy marshmallow ones?

Hi Tricia and Lisa!

I do mean the marshmallow ones, but I mean that its with little chicks. Its brand new, just opened yesterday.

I'm nursing a blister on my left big toe, I don't know if I will be up to running. I will definitely get Nerves of Steel from my old squirreled away Yoga Today itunes video. I'm so glad I have it backed up in different places. I think I need better socks.

Jane- That looks like a good workout!

Alisha

Happy Saturday,

I did this workout this morning. I love mixing kettlebells and traditional weights.

3 Rounds
20 Slingshots R/L
20 Russian Swings
20 American Swings
20 Single Arm Russian swings R/L
3 Rounds
10 DB Bench press
10 DB Seated curls
10 DB Seated Press
10 DB Tricep Extensions
2 Rounds
15 Renegade Rows
15 Plank Push ups
15 Pike Push ups

Alisha ~ Hope your blister gets better soon. I wore socks that were recommended at a running store but I think my foot swelled and it hurt my toes. On my last 1/2 marathon I wore my regular socks and I got a blister on my baby toe. I'm still searching for the perfect sock.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. I'm off to shower then grocery shopping then to a baby shower.

I just found the April check-in! lol I was looking for "J" at the beginning! You put April first this time and just kept missing it yesterday! Doh!

Last of 1 RM tests done! Stephen wants to go for a run tomorrow. Wish me luck! It'll be my first one in quite a while!

Alisha - OW! I hate blisters! I have no plans to see that movie! Maybe when it comes to Netflix. For some reason, it just doesn't appeal to me right now.

Jane - Wow! What energy you have today! Great workout! Have fun at the baby shower!

Wish me luck tomorrow!

Hello to Lisa and Cindi!

Hi ladies,
I've done AOS Providence and STS Full Body plus the bandwork from High and Tight since I've checked in last. Also, CC V1 and V2. I actually did V5 at some point last week but I think I told you about that already. Today I rode (and got to ride a stupid horse but that's a whole different story). Tomorrow I'll probably ride Chip and head back home.

Alisha - Sorry about the blister.

Tricia - Good luck on the run!

Jane - Hi there! Great workouts as usual.

Lisa

Hi Everyone,

I ran 8 miles this morning then went shopping with mom and sis. It's been a busy weekend.

Lisa ~ Glad to see you around here.

Tricia ~ How did the run go?

Hi Alisha ~ Hope you had a great Sunday!!

Hi ladies!

Lisa - Great to hear from you! Glad you got some riding in this weekend! Can't wait to hear about the poor stupid horse! I have a soft spot for stupid animals!

Jane - Nice run! You always rock the workouts!

No run for me. I can't believe that I'm totally unable to get myself back into running on weekend mornings! I'm such a lazy butt in the a.m.! I know if I could get myself out there for that first one, I'd be okay, but it was a no-go this morning. Oh well. Gonna do either Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred, Jari Love Extremely Ripped 1000 or another new one I haven't even opened yet that's a circuit tomorrow night. Filler until next week. I only get to work out 2 days this week. We're off to Vegas early Wednesday morning for Stephen's sister's wedding - which I still don't know what time it is, so don't know what to take to wear! That just pisses me off so badly! Who sets a wedding date but doesn't tell anyone what time??? I mean, really! Deep breaths. We won't be home until Friday evening. I'll do something on Saturday, then rest on Sunday so I'll be fresh and ready for STS Disc 1 on Monday! It's going to be hell setting up all that equipment again! lol P90X spoiled me!

Have a great night! Hello Alisha and Cindi!

My toe is getting better. I bought some blister stick and a bandage the other day. I'm planning a late afternoon joggle. Its nice and cool out there. Its supposed to hit 70 degrees today. Its sunny and perfect.

Lisa-I'm glad you found us.

Jane-Do you just run out the door or do you go to a trail and run there? I'm starting to get bored with my neighborhood.

Tricia- Its not easy getting up in the morning to workout. I used to be better about it. Now, I just want to eat breakfast instead. I don't have a good solution yet. I guess the alarm is the way to go. But, the hard part is sitting up in bed first. After that, its not so bad. Maybe its momentum. I can't really afford to go to the movies right now so I'm definitely waiting for netflix too.

Alisha

Hi Everyone,

I am late posting tonight. It was a busy day. Here is my workout. Very breezy and nice out tonight.

Jump Rope/Swings/Squats
50 JR
50 Swings
50 Squats
40 JR
40 Swings
40 Squats
30 JR
30 Swings
30 Squats
20 JR
20 Swings
20 Squats
10 Jump Rope
10 Swings
10 Squats

Tricia ~ Enjoy your time in Vegas. Where are they getting married? Strange that they don't have a time set. Just take a deep breath and enjoy yourself.

I'm lucky that my sister and I run together so one of us will get up and kick the other out of bed. Of course, we have no choice to get out of bed early in the summers. It's too darn hot to go running in the middle of the day. Also, I find having races to train for, keeps me out there running.

Alisha ~ My running choices are limited as I live in a small town. Lately I just head out the door and run. Sometimes I will drive, park and run a different route but we don't have running trails here. They only place that is somewhat a trail is a 1 mile loop around a lake. It's nice but most of the time it is crowded with people walking, pushing strollers and walking dogs. The city is suppose to build a trail that links up several parks here but I don't know when that will happen. I can run trails near where I work but I won't go running there alone, even though there are people around. If I want to run somewhere different, I usually have to drive to get here.

Hi Lisa!!

Morning Ladies!

Alisha - Hope you have a pain free run! Take care of that blister! Oh, well, I knew I wouldn't do it. My intentions were good, though!

Jane - I just want to get there, get it done and come home. I hate going places because I HAVE to and not because I WANT to. My poor puppies have to stay at the kennel. It's a nice place, but I'm one of those mommas! You know, feels guilty about leaving her babies somewhere. The lack of a time was annoying because it totally makes a difference what you wear depending on the time! Stephen finally had to email her to find out!

We're lucky to have several paths for running around here and he don't have to go far. Plus there are sidewalks, so if we don't want to go on a path, we can just run through the City.

Last day of work for the week! I'll be puppy-less tonight (sniff, sniff), but at least, hopefully, we'll both be able to get a good night's sleep without having to get up in the middle of the night!

Have a terrific day ladies! I'll have free wifi, so I'll be on!

Tricia- Have fun on your trip. I would hate to leave my fur babie somewhere. My brother and I share a cat, her name is Maria, we rescued her. The foster care lady said that she was a rough out door cat who would catch mice, NOT. This cat is a total cushions and cream, hop in your lap, purr and not care about the mice cat. :rolleyes: At least she is really good for a cuddle.

I did go for my joggle yesterday and followed up with segment 5 on CCC. I was going to do the original Imax but I decided to do the step premix from Intensity. I figured that was plenty plyo enough for me.;)

I plan to do some Shiva Rae yoga later today.

Alisha

Alisha - Simon is the same! He's a people kitty and loves attention! He's enjoying having run of the house without the pups around! Glad you enjoyed a good joggle and CCC! Enjoy Shiva Rae!

We're all packed as far as clothes go. Just gotta do the last minute things and finish charging my iPod and Kindle! lol Gotta have my entertainment for the 5 hour flight! Just found out too that we're going to have 4 hours before we can check in to our hotel. That does NOT make me happy!

Stephen has had a lot on his mind, so I guess I forgive him for not telling me so i'd be prepared for it! He had a job interview today and got a call from UConn for an interview for entry to their PhD program! I'm praying for the job, but would take either one! We so need something good to happen here! Time is getting short and we have no plan.

Hello Lisa and Jane! I won't be able to get on until late tomorrow afternoon! Have a great day tomorrow and sleep well tonight!

Tricia- I sure hope Stephen gets something great, either the job or the PHD program. I hope your flight is boring, lately Southwest has had some issues with planes out of Sacramento. Proof that my Dad's gut instinct to stay out of the air was justified.

I am taking a rest day. I'm just whooped. My Dad is having a mole on his face removed today because it interferes with the CPAP mask (he sounds like Darth Vader when he sleeps.:p)

I'm in the last stretch of this long project. I was looking at some of my tapes and I started this thing in the summer of 2009:eek: I thought to myself, even a marathon is only 3-6 hours (depending on how slow one might be or walking)

I did enjoy my Shiva Rae Yoga yesterday. I love the production values on her workouts. Its a slow, vinyasa, flow type practice. Its very soothing.

Have a great Wednesday Everybody!

Alisha

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I took a rest day.

Today I am going for a run. It was very cool this morning...in the high 40's but I know it isn't going to last long. It is suppose to be 90 over the weekend and I have an afternoon race on Saturday. We are running through peach and pecan fields.

Tricia ~ You shouldn't have any problem finding something to do in Vegas for 4 hours. :) My sister went to Vegas for the first time in January and she didn't like it. It just wasn't her kind of place. Of course she was there for work and didn't get much down time.

Hi Alisha and Lisa.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Hi ladies!

Alisha - A quiet, but long, flight on Southwest yesterday. We ended up taking a nice, long 10 mile walk yesterday after we had some lunch and rested a little bit. There was a family dinner at 5 pm, then we came back to the hotel and crashed. Got about 2-3 hours sleep - still on East Coast time, I guess. We had a nice breakfast with Stephen's Aunt and Uncle from Louisiana. We're going to take the shuttle down the strip this morning and walk the rest of the strip! Wedding is at 3:30 pm today at the MGM. I already can't wait to get home!

Jane - Hope you had a nice run yesterday! 90 this weekend! I wish! Looks like it'll hit the 60s at home for this weekend! April fluctuates a lot temp wise and we get a lot of rain which doesn't help things either. Good luck on your race Saturday! Stay hydrated!

Hi Lisa! Cindi - Hope you're doing well!

Hi Everyone,

This is going to be a hit and run. I had a very busy day. Here is my workout.

Three Rounds
8x Sume Squat High Pull
2 minute Run
Then
Three Rounds
5x Front Squat w/barbell
2 minute Step ups
Then
1 mile Run

I'll be back tomorrow with personals.

Tricia- 10 mile walk!! Where exactly are you? Remind me.

Jane- That looks like a good workout

Lisa- Hi!!

I'm going to do Imax 3 no blast pre mix this morning. I'm feeling lazy:eek: I actually went for a run mid morning yesterday followed by 25 min. of yoga.

I think I have finished my project. Today is quality control, in other words I have to watch each disc for flaws, clerical errors. I don't watch the whole thing, I just spot check them. Its 60 discs. I know, I counted. In the afternoon, I went to the library and I had some pizza for my mid-afternoon linner or dunch. (lunch + dinner) Next week I will be in full look for work mode.

Alisha

TGIF!!!

I am taking a rest day. I have an afternoon 10.5K tomorrow in an orchard of peach and pecan trees. It should be interesting!! I hope I don't trip on a pecan or peach.

Tricia ~ Hope you get home soon! A 10-mile walk :eek::eek: is awesome!!

Alisha ~ QC on 60 discs!!! :eek::eek: I could go for some pizza right now. My favorite thing right now is plain greek yogurt (Chobani) with chocolate protein powder. It's nice and creamy.

Hi Lisa - Miss you!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I'm going to go for a joggle in about a half hour. After that is yoga with Desi. I was feeling fat but when I looked at myself in the mirror I didn't look too bad.

Jane- I think you probably could do ok on those pecans but the peaches have big enough stones to be an issue. I will have to try the chocolate protein powder in greek yogurt. mmmm...

Tricia- I hope you are having fun!

Lisa- Had a doggle lately?

Alisha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.