Anyone Else Just Adore the Autumn?

sparrow13

Cathlete
I absolutely love the coming season. The cool nights and days, wearing cozy sweaters, trees changing color (at least in New England!) pumpkins, apple cider, Halloween, Thanksgiving, the wood stove on, cooking hearty soups....

I can't wait. :D

Oh yes! Hands down my favorite season here in the Northern Midwest. :D

Although our summer here was a bit fall like (cool) for most of it, minus the colors of course. So I guess I'm looking forward to more of the same temps, just with different in-season fruits ad veggies, and then the colors.

It is my favorite season. I love the cooler temps, the colors, the onset of the Holiday season, the fact that the kids at school are still interested in school. I could go on and on.

have to say spring and autumn are my favorite times of the year. the weather is just perfect and by golly i don't have to turn on the AC or the heat. i can enjoy the windows and front door being open with the natural breeze coming through. i enjoy watching the things pass on(or sleep) for the winter and then bloom(awake) again in spring. did i say i just love the weather :D

kassia

I like fall, but it's coming too soon for me this year.
Seems like it went from summer to fall in just a day!
I'm not ready for it yet! (My green peppers still need time to get ripen to red!)

I love it! We have had the most beautiful weather in Southest Michigan this week-cool nights and mornings and warm, sunny days with temps in the mid 70's-perfect! It's one of the main reasons we'll never move-we love Autumn too much! And I have to add to Sparrow's list-college football and that starting fresh feeling-kids in school, changing the decor to cozy throws, pillows, and rugs, etc. Simply the best!

YES! Autumn is my favorite season. I love seeing the trees change. Love the cooler weather and gorgeous blue skies. I can't wait until it gets even cooler. I'd love some apple cider right now. Oh and some pimpkin pie. 'Tis the season.

Count me in. Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love the weather (no humidity!), the trees changing color, college football, pumpkins, mums, and all the other good things autumn brings. I love that I can run outside and not feel like I'm breathing more water vapor than air :D I don't really dread winter anymore either (now that I live in NC) so I can enjoy autumn all the more.

YES! I *heart* autumn. Outdoor stuff is just better in the fall...hiking without humidity or mosquitoes, football, ski swaps, apple picking, baking. This will be our 2nd season with a wood stove and DH is getting antsy to fire it up.

Great thread! :)

I love the weather, but I don't like the shorter days. I have a tougher time getting up in the morning when it's dark, & I have a tougher time going to the gym at night when it's dark.

Oh, & I live next to an elementary school. I forget over the peace of summer how noisy it is in the mornings. It's only for 15 minutes or so, but listening to 400 loud kids, along w/their 400+ parents, the slamming of 800 car doors & all the accompanying sounds is a little annoying.

ETA: don't worry, I have no intention of slapping any of them. ;)

Another vote for Autumn....love the crisp air and the changing of the leaves...but I hate what comes after that WINTER :mad:....I would be happy to go right from Autumn to Spring :D

Therese

Another vote for Autumn....love the crisp air and the changing of the leaves...but I hate what comes after that WINTER :mad:....I would be happy to go right from Autumn to Spring :D

Therese

That is exactly how I feel! Fall is my favorite time of the year but I HATE Winter with a passion. If I didn't have a long drive to work on country roads, I might not mind it as bad, but I hate having to risk my life to get to work on roads that aren't even plowed. I could do with skipping it and going straight to Spring. :)

I love the weather, but I don't like the shorter days. I have a tougher time getting up in the morning when it's dark, & I have a tougher time going to the gym at night when it's dark.

Oh, & I live next to an elementary school. I forget over the peace of summer how noisy it is in the mornings. It's only for 15 minutes or so, but listening to 400 loud kids, along w/their 400+ parents, the slamming of 800 car doors & all the accompanying sounds is a little annoying.

ETA: don't worry, I have no intention of slapping any of them. ;)

I think with 400 plus kids no one would notice a little slapping. You're in such great shape you could probably sprint over, get your slapping on and then sprint back home before anyone was the wiser. :D

I have the opposite problem...I get super edgy when it's still light out at 7pm!

Therese

:D

I actually like winter. I could do with summer being 4 weeks long though. Except for my garden!

Sparrow, the only time that I liked winter was when I was a kid and I use to listen to the radio in the morning to see if school was closed!!! :p

Therese

Sorry to say, but no way!! Summer is hands down my favorite season...camping, hiking, fishing, margaritas, fireflies, outdoor concerts, Saratoga racing season, fireworks, dining outdoors..... Autumn means having to watch for those deer that want to jump in front of your car, shorter days, frosty nights, and Halloween crappola. Fall is nice though, winter sucks, and summer is my favorite.

I have always loved autumn - beautiful days with little or no humidity. And sweaters are my favorite article of clothing! But as I have gotten older, the season has also acquired a "dread factor" because I know what's coming - dreary, cold winter days!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.