Anyone Else Just Adore the Autumn?

fall is definitely my favorite season. the main reason i love it is cuz i LOVE how the air smells: i dunno, autumn has a certain smell to the air, like crisp and clean. also, it's cold enough to wear cozy long-sleeves but not so cold that you need a coat. i try not to think about the snow and cold dreary weather that comes afterward!

I'm with you Sparrow! I love fall and winter. I could pass on summer altogether. Anything over 80 degrees and I'm done. yuck. What's the point of sweating for no reason at all? I love the weather, the clothes, the food, football season (go GB!), snow, snow, snow, brandy, red wine (mulled, even). And, I prefer the shorter days, too. It bugs me to no end when it's light out at 8:30. My body gets all out of whack in the summer with the long days. I have much more energy in the winter. Hooray, it's almost here!!

It's my favorite time of year--basically Oct through Dec is my favorite because I also love Christmas. I also hate summer, so fall is especially wonderful.

I'm with you Sparrow! I love fall and winter. I could pass on summer altogether. Anything over 80 degrees and I'm done. yuck. What's the point of sweating for no reason at all? I love the weather, the clothes, the food, football season (go GB!), snow, snow, snow, brandy, red wine (mulled, even). And, I prefer the shorter days, too. It bugs me to no end when it's light out at 8:30. My body gets all out of whack in the summer with the long days. I have much more energy in the winter. Hooray, it's almost here!!

I'm with both of you! My energy level is so much better in autumn and winter, than in summer. I started taking some of my workouts out in the snow last year and it was a ton of fun. I'm a big weeny when it comes to the heat.

Don't forget mulled cider with rum! *yum*

Hot buttered rum!! Egg nog (light, of course)! Knitting.

I'll admit that although childless, the one time I can find myself wishing I had kids and a big dog is winter after a really good snow fall. I'm such a dork, you can find me outside in my urban neighborhood, by myself, running in the deep snow, jumping in the drifts and giggling like a fool. The people in the 'hood must think I'm a bit touched!!

I'll admit that although childless, the one time I can find myself wishing I had kids and a big dog is winter after a really good snow fall.

ITA! Between Halloween and Christmas I usually say to DH at least once "maybe we *should* have kids." His response is always "Let's talk about it after New Year." Of course by then the urge has passed...:D

I also love sitting on my porch with a cup of tea, wrapped in a blanket and watching the snow fall.

Fall is absolutely the best, followed closely by spring. Not a big fan of the extreme temps in summer and winter.

I was thinking I need to go get some butternut squash this week; I love butternut squash soup this time of year, with freshly baked bread. Yum!

PENNSTATER, i'm assuming you graduated from penn state lol. what year and what campus?! i'm a 2003 grad, university park

YES to Knitting! And apples (HONEYCRISP!) and squash soup and colorful trees and sweaters, and kids in school (I like the sound of kids going to school - but then I HAVE kids so it's a great sound to me!). I like it all.

The only time of year I really dislike is Jan-Feb (and sometimes March depending).

Love, Love, Love the Fall. The cool morning runs, . . and here the grape vines change to a beautiful orange and the grass turns green from the rains. Fall and Spring are my favorite times of year.

I also love what I call "the Transition Seasons". Fall first, and Spring second. LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about them. Both my boys have October Birthdays so it makes this time of year even MORE special to me.

Gayle

Fall is the BEST time of year as far as I'm concerned. I love the weather, it is perfect for getting out there for some walking/jogging/karate in the park etc. I also LOVE the holidays! As far as I'm concerned, October first starts the holiday season. That is when the Halloween stuff goes up and the parties started getting set. November first is when the Thanksgiving decorations go up and get set out, then of course the day after Thanksgiving, the Christmas stuff comes out. The funny thing about Christmas with my family, is we decorate, but we hardly ever have a tree. That dang tree just gets in the way sometimes. Also, while I love to put the tree up...I detest taking it down.:) Yup, I LOVE FALL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.