anybody got a good bahama mama recipe

shelia

Cathlete
Ok I am hosting a party in Feb.I am serving bahama mama-pina colda-peach daq.-mountain dew surprise along with various wines and beer.I have looked at several bm recipes and found one that looks good.I would like one that has a coconut taste to it.I tasted one at a resturant that had a coconut taste and I really want to make it along with the other version.I found one that uses pine colda mix and one that uses spiced rum-I don't know what it's spiced with anybody know?But the one that uses pina colda mix is a very light on rum.I don't want to taste the rum but still want a little kick from the rum:D .So anybody got one to share or any idea how to modify to include more rum to the pina colda one.Here is the recipe for it
1/2 dark rum
3 oz oj
3 oz pina colda mix
3/4 oz spiced rum
1/2 oz grenadine

Hi Sheila, I don't have a Bahama mama recipe, but when my DH and I go to St John, USVI, we have Painkillers. The recipe is:

2 oz. rum
4 oz. pineapple juice
1 oz. orange juice
1 oz. coconut cream
Garnish with ground nutmeg, cinnamon, a pineapple spear and an orange slice.
Yum!

Robin we went there last year with my sister-in-law & her husband who traded a time share for the Westin there. Wonderful, wonderful place! Wish we could afford to go back. Did you go to Woody's??

Brenda

Hi Brenda, We walk past Woody's, usually on our way to the Lime Inn. Woody's is just too crowded and crazy for our tastes. We stay at a small inn up the road from Woody's. We can only afford to go every other year and are making our 6th trip in March. I can't wait. I'm dreaming of Waterlemon Key and Salt Pond Bay. How long did you stay and what beaches do you love?

We were there for a week a little over a year ago. We rented a car (that was an experience with the narrow roads and driving on the opposite side!) and explored all we could. I'm ashamed to say I can't remember any of the names of the beaches (I'm HORRIBLE with names.) There were some beauties though and found some good snorkeling (might have been Waterlemon Key... sort of sounds familiar.) Did you walk down a long trail to get there? That's where the mongoose stole our cookies while snorkeling! And yes... those Painkillers are nice... along with the Bushwackers and all those other yummy drinks. :+

Most of the best beaches have a bit of a walk to get to. Waterlemon has a little island that you snorkel around. You park at the Annenberg Ruins parking lot. I think it's one of the best spots for snorkeling. You are right about the driving. I let my DH handle that chore. I just sit back and enjoy the scenery. We've also had snacks pilfered by hermit crabs and thrushie birds. Now you've really got me dreaming of blue water and sandy beaches. Hope you get to go back some day.

Yes, I believe it was Waterlemon but we didn't quite make it to the little island... You lucky dawg you... I really didn't want to leave and DH and I were seriously scheming on running away and staying there! haha Some day perhaps... HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!

We used to have the TGI Fridays drink Bible, but loaned it to my sil and she never returned it aparently. BUT, I did a quick search online and found this recipe.
1 dash of granadine
2.5 oz OJ
2.0 oz pineapple juice
1.5oz dark rum
1.5 oz amber rum
1.5 oz light rum
2.0 oz sour mix
Maybe for the light rum you could use malibu to give that coconut taste? I tried to find you a yummy coconut flavored drink, but you asked for bahama mama, so I decided to stick with that.
I've never tried this recipe, I hope it's good!
If you want to find more recipes you can go to www.idrink.com they have thousands there.

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.