Any 'Must Have" workouts that have no substitute?

arnoux

Yesterday I posted the question below and someone kindly responded. Based on the information, does anyone think there is a workout of Cathe's that has no absolutely no sub for? If anyone would like to add to Sarah's suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
Lori

"Please Help Me! What workouts from past can correspond..."

I am a new Cathe convert and really enjoying her. I started with the Intensity series and purchased her Classics DVD. That has three step workouts, step heat, step max and step jam I believe. I have pre-ordered all the new ones. I don't have the moola to pay for all her older workouts so I was wondering if I could list the workouts I have of hers and people could respond with what its equivalent would be in the Cathe's prior workouts (or as close as possible) The cardio I don't think needs explanation.
Thank you for helping me. I will print the whole thread and then create a chart for myself. It will help me use some of the rotations I have seen posted.
I have or will have:
Pyramid Upper
Pyramid Lower
Imax 2
Cardio and Weights
Boot Camp
Muscle Endurance
Step Blast
Kick,Punch and Crunch
Step Jump and Punch
Push and Pull
Leg and Glutes
Super Sets
The Body Blast Time Saver Rotation

Again thank you, I appreciate your help very much. So does my pocket book. I sold off enough of my old Firm VHS and other instructors to almost have now paid for that charge that is going to show on this months CC, only $15.00 shy!

IP Printer Friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

sarahs Wed May-14-03 08:08 AM
Charter member
116 posts

#22286, "RE: Please Help Me! What workouts from past can corres..."
In response to Reply #0

Hello! I'm not sure if this was what you were looking for but here goes. Also, someone please correct me if I am wrong! Also, I will do my best with the descriptions of the new ones. Basically, I will put what it sounds like it could be similar to.

Pyramid Upper
Pyramid Lower-The Pyramids I believe would closely correspond with Pure Strength Series

Imax 2-Interval Max1
Cardio and Weights-Circuit Ma this one is harder)
Boot Camp
Muscle Endurance-Powerhour or Maximum Intensity Strength

Step Blast-any of her step cardios
Kick,Punch and Crunch-possibly CardioKicks
Step Jump and Punch-sounds as if it could be similar to BodyMax
Push and Pull
Leg and Glutes-Sounds like a more intense version of Leaner Legs
Super Sets

The Body Blast Time Saver Rotation-this would probably closely resemble CTX series

Hope this helps!

:7

In my opinion it would be Maximum Intensity Cardio. It starts with a 25-30 minute Hi/Lo section (more High) and then there is a 30 minute step section. This is a must have if you enjoy long cardio.

RE: Any 'Must Have" workouts that have no substitute?

Hi Arnoux,
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but I just couldn't live without PowerMax and Stepworks. They're just really solid step workouts that I never get tired of. Stepworks is a little more difficult both in terms of intensity and choreography. If I were you, I would buy the "Cardo Hits" DVD, which has these two, plus StepFit, which is also good. If you're looking for a time-efficient full body workout that includes weights, I suggest BodyMax, a really tough (for me) circuit-style workout that is similar to Cardio and Weights, except that it has a "step only" portion in the beginning. Just my personal faves. Hope that helps, and enjoy all your new Cathe workouts!
-Kate

RE: Any 'Must Have" workouts that have no substitu...

I don't think I understand the question, because I am thinking of two different mindsets-
is the question, which one is most valuable, or which one has no close substitute?
I think you mean the second one right? IMO you can't sub Bootcamp with anything, it is just such a different format, that there is nothing close to it IMO.

To my mind, 2 videos that have never been repeated are Powermax and the entire CTX series. I would not part with these staples for all the tea in China.

If I could only ever have 2 upper body weight training videos they would be CTX Upper body and the PUB. If I could only ever have 2 lower body weight training videos they would be Leaner Legs and PLB. The rest I would sacrifice if I had to.

Cardio Kicks has never been repeated, there's nothing like it elsewhere in Cathe's library to date.

I'm not sure if this answers your question, your "question" seemed to be phrased differently twice and was hard to work out!

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.