Any 5am-ers out there?

With a new baby and really busy schedule, I'm considering getting up at 5am to do my Cathe workouts because I'm seeing no other way to get it done consistently.

Any other early morning Cathe enthusiasts out there? What's the earliest you've gotten up consistently to work out? I need some inspiration....

I get up early 6 days per week to work out, with the earliest being about 4:40am. It was hard at first but so much easier to get it done first thing. In the afternoon when I get home, it's hard to find the energy and time so this works well for me.

When I was a working Mom to my first two children (21 and 15 now), my only option was to get up around 4:30 am to workout. I made sure I had everything ready to go the night before and my workout clothes became my pj's. In winter I just put a heavy nightshirt over my clothes. So within just minutes of getting out of bed, I was into my workout. Of course, a lot of those years with those 2 children I was a single Mom so there was no SO to complain about my nighttime garments:p!

I sooooo wish I had the willpower to do that again. Back then I used to go to bed when my children went to bed. But now I am up later with older children that it just isn't enough sleep for me. And I have two more children now only 3 and 4 y/o that get my day rolling pretty darn quick.

But I really think it is the ONLY way to make sure you get your workout in for the day. How many times do not work out because once the day starts and everyone and everything starts pulling you in different directions, the workout suffers usually by not being done at all?

I saw GO FOR IT!!!!

I work shift work and on the days I work a day shift, I get up anywhere between 5-5:30 to workout. I only get an hour in but thats o.k. I would rather do it then, then save it for the evenings when I know Im gonna be wiped and it won't get done.
That being said, Im not sure I would be able to get up 5 days a week to do this:confused: 3 is the most I can handle. I will be soooo lazy later today:rolleyes:!
My son is 22 monthes and is kind of weening out his naps, depending on what time he gets up. Right now, there are still days I can run outside with him but winter is fast approaching so I am going to have to revise my schedule yet again. Im going to either have to do what you are thinking about doing, or save my workouts for the evenings and force myself to do them!
Oh...the joys of motherhood!

LOri:)

Do it! I do it 6 days per week! The best way to get in shape after the baby is to just exercise and do it! While my friends would nap while the baby napped, I was using that hour or so to workout. It really helped get me back in shape asap. You will be in a better mood, feel better physically, and will be a better mother as a result.
Good luck!

Clarissa

I do!

I used to get up at 4:50 to work out at 5:00 five days a week, but now get up at 5:05 to work out at 5:15 or 5:30 (depending on length of workout).

It is so worth it! Get into the habit because as your baby grows up, you'll have to get him or her to school every day. If you can manage it, the early a.m. is a good time to work out because you get it out of the way early. Nothing else ever "pops up" at that hour that you have to do instead (as it will later in the day), so you can be more consistent.

My one warning, however: Make sure you get to bed early enough so that get get sufficient sleep. (Not that I do, but I should. :D) But since you're a new mom, you really need to get enough rest!

Good luck to you!

My alarm clock goes off at 4:25 and I'm in my workout by 5:00. After a few weeks, you get used to it.

I am normally not an early am work out girl but on wednesday and thursday I got up at 5 and 4:30 respectively to get my work outs in. It was tough but man what a feeling when I was done! It was so nice to get my work outs done FIRST THING and know I didn't have to worry about when I'd get them done for the rest of the day. If you can do it, I think it's well worth it. I'm gonna try to do it more often myself. :)

With a new baby and really busy schedule, I'm considering getting up at 5am to do my Cathe workouts because I'm seeing no other way to get it done consistently.

Any other early morning Cathe enthusiasts out there? What's the earliest you've gotten up consistently to work out? I need some inspiration....

I get up at 3:30 every morning to work out. The first few weeks are the hardest, but after awhile it becomes normal and part of your routine. It is the only way for me to make sure it gets done, and the added benefit is energy throughout the day plus increased mental acuity!

Good luck!

I'm up every day to work out at 4:30am.
I go 4:30-5:30, and I leave for work at 6. On occasion, I decide to sleep in and work out after work, but I'm miserable all day thinking about how I HAVE to do it when I get home.

I've always loved getting it out of the way, so it's been easy to remind myself of that when it comes to dragging myself up every morning!

I'm up every morning about 5:15- I only regret my decision for about 30 seconds when I first tumble out of bed, then I love it! I am nursing a serious cold right now and have been doing afternoon workouts because I am so stuffy and congested in the mornings. I MISS my mornings! (But won't lie, kind of like the sleeping in a wee bit.)

I get up at 4:45 am to workout 6 days a week, and wouldn't have it any other way!!

When DS was a baby, I got up at 4:45 am and headed to the gym from 5 - 6:30 and got home and showered before DX left for work. When the baby napped in the morning, Mommy usually did too!! When they are small, it's important that YOU get your sleep too!

I workout 5 days a week, usually up by 4:45 am. I like getting it done and over with! It's a matter of getting used to it and being consistent and persistent. Weekends are my days off...

I get up at 3:30 every morning to work out. The first few weeks are the hardest, but after awhile it becomes normal and part of your routine. It is the only way for me to make sure it gets done, and the added benefit is energy throughout the day plus increased mental acuity!

Good luck!

Yup, my alarm goes off at 3:30, too. I've been doing this so long that even on my rest days when I want to sleep in, I still get up at 3:30. It's the best way to guarantee doing your workout. Getting up early means I go to bed early, which helps eliminate after dinner snacking, which was a huge problem for me before!

Me!!

I'm a morning girl. Now not EVERY morning, but at least 2 mornings a week I meet my friends for a 4:45AM run so I'm up at 4:30. It's hard at first, but I lay my clothes out the night before, have everything ready to go, and just head out the door. Once I get running, I'm fine!

Otherwise I work out by 6AM. I just love having my workout done early, my kids get up for school at 7AM.

You can do it, and you'll feel energized for the rest of the day!

Oh you 3:30 a.m. girls gave me a shiver ... OUCH. I wake up at 4:30-4:40 and have a cup of coffee before my workout. Now, I haven't been working out until the last week or so after shoulder surgery - and can only do legs (L&G with no weight at first, now graduated with okay from PT to 10 lb db - but still no weight on stiff-legged deadlifts) and abs/core... at least for four more weeks. So I guess if I can get my eating back under control my legs and core will be AWESOME in another month.... but I miss my upper body workouts.

Okay - that was more info than you guys needed to hear ... but I've been STOKED this week to be able to workout again - at 5:00 a.m. Great way to start my day and gives me energy and a great attitude.

hehe! Gotta do what you gotta do... Trust me, if there were ANY other way, I wouldn't be working out at 3:30 am but I have an hour commute and it takes me an hour to get ready, plus I have to be in by 7am (and it really should be 5:30 soon)! Granted, when it is 5:30, I won't be working out before work. I'll just go in late 2 days a week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.