An alternative is also suggested:

Monday: IMax

Tuesday: BodyMax

Wednesday: PowerMax

Thursday: CircuitMax

Friday: MIC or StepMax

Saturday: MIS

Sunday: rest

The notes I have siad this rotation is meant for maximum weight loss and "leaning out", coupled with clean eating, etc.

Does anyone have any idea how long you'd have to keep up this rotation to achieve its goals?

I wonder generally how long a person's body could take this much exercise before it becomes too much exercise? Given that everyone is an individual, yes it would dependon the person, but I'm speaking generally...

Thanks for any opinions!

Susan G.

Hi Susan!! I kept up this rotation for 6 weeks, although I will admit, the last two weeks were tough for me. I'm extremly used to exercise, but did take a week off after this rotation. I plan on doing something like it again in the near future, but with her new tapes. Something like Mon, wed, fri, would be cardio & weight, muscle endurance, and boot camp. Tues, thurs, and sat would be Imax2, Powermax, stepmax. Sun rest. I'm considering it.
Please underatand, that this to me now, is a mild rotation. Usually, I exercise 3 times a day, cardio in the morning(usually running, but with this ohio weather I've been indoors all week), weights in the afternoon, and yoga at night. I do this 5 days a week. I'm not saying this is for everybody, but this is how I like to workout for me.
If you try the rotation and feel it's too much, add another rest day, like on tues or thurs. Let me know how it goes if you do it. Have a good one:)!!

Aimee

Hi, Aimee!

Thanks for answering my post. I was looking for a rotation that would "kick it up a notch" so to speak, and get me back on track. I have to admit I have not been as diligent in my current rotation as I should be - the weather here in MD is cold and yucky too, and the early darkness makes it hard for me to get motivated.

I think I might try this rotation for about three or four weeks, if I can last that long, and see how it goes until the new videos show up.

Since I am not very good at putting together my own rotations, could you tell me the main benefits you saw in this rotation? Leaning out? Weight loss? Strength or endurance gains?

I am looking to do something that will "shake my body up" - looking for a little more definition in my muscles, a little more strength and endurance, and as always, help keeping my weight under control!

Without trying to sound nosy, can you tell me why you exercise so much? Are you training for a specific event like a marathon or triathalon?

Susan G.

Hi Susan! I've been doing this rotation for about 3.5 weeks and plan to do it for a total of 6. I've noticed I'm looking leaner and definetly frimer in the lower half. My arms are more defined. So far I have not gotten tired of it! I look forward to going at it every morning! But it is tough! :) Susan

Hi Susan and Susan!! The main benefits I saw was leaning out and increased endurance. Especially my ab and arm muscles got the most definition. I didn't see much strength because of how intense it is. Usually for strength, I go heavy and more steady state cardio with 2 rest days.
I don't mind you asking about why I exercise so much:). I got used to exercsing like this when I was training for a bodybuilding competition, of course then, I had to do cardio twice a day on top of everything else! Needless to say as soon as the comp was over that got dropped FAST:)!! Anyway, I plan to do one more competition sometime this year, so I keep myself as close to the way I will have to workout as I can without going overboard too much. And even if I never do compete in bodybuilding again I've discovered a real love for running and I've entered a couple of races this year doing that too. That's about hardest exercise there is for me. Running doesn't come easy to me, but I've discorved exercising this way has helped my performance alot. So, I keep at it, for both sports.
Anyway, I hope this helped, now I have to go lift those weights:)!!
Have a good one!!
Aimee

Aimee, thanks again for your answers!

Susan Z.,

Which version of this rotation are you doing, the first or the second? Which do you think is more difficult?

They look equally challenging to me! Can't wait to get started and see what happens.

Hopefully I can keep the holiday noshes under control!

Susan G.

This rotation helped me break a stubborn plateau. I didn't have much weight to lose, but it gave me the definition and the leaning out I wanted. I used this for a month at the most, but it is so great. In fact after my S&H rotation, I am planning on doing this until the new videos come.

Thanks Aimee for the rotation idea! I got great results!

Take care,
Christine

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-02 AT 08:21AM (Est)[/font][p]I'm glad to hear it Christine:)!! I may have to make up another one after the new vids come mixing the new and the old. Maybe I'll do the rotation over the holidays to help avoid any extra weight gain. Hmmmmmm........ something to think about;-)!!

Aimee

Have to ask as I have wondered this b4. Is it okay to lift weights 2 days in a row because one workout is a muscle endurance workout and the other is muscle building? I have often wondered if it is okay to do these types of lifting without a rest day.

Momincharge............

If you're talking about the first rotation where CircuitMax is the day before MIS, yes, it's fine to do it like that as long as you're using light weights for CircuitMax.

Cathe recently addressed the issue under a post at "Ask Cathe" and has addressed it several times over the last year, and according to her, CM if done with light weights won't interfere with muscle recovery, and is fine either preceeding or following a weight workout.

Donna

Fitness~ it's a journey, not a race!

WOW! you guys are my heroes.....

Cuz if I did that rotation, I probably wouldn't survive ....!!

More power to you all. I admire your stick-to-it-ness. I'd be a goner after one session of IMax....

Love Cathe, though I do.. can't do her all the time.

Cleda

Hello again! I've actually been doing both by alternating week by week.I mix it up here and there as my schedule dictates! :) Stay strong- Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.