Age(not that it matters!!)....

Hey Janice, I worked for Bally's too for about 6 years on and off during highschool and college, although it was called "Chicago Health Club" at that time. Then I got married and had children and turned into mush. But, that all changed in April of 2000 when I started working out again. (oh yeah, I'm 37) I was at a garage sale and saw a foam step with a Jane Fonda tape duck taped to it for $4. As I was paying for it the lady said "It only works if you use it". That line has stuck with me ever since that purchase and boy did I use it, briefly, as I moved into Francesca Gerns Weightlifting tapes and FIRMs and finally to Cathe after my last birth in April 2002. I feel like I've done Cathe for years. Fun Thread!!!!

Briee

I am 43 years old and have worked out, or let's say exercised, on and off most of my life.

However, I have never been as fit as I am today and I have never worked out as consistently as I have the past year with Cathe. Right around one year ago, I got my first Cathe tape!

I used my old The Firm Classics for about a year first. I finally worked up the strength to try Cathe. I also switched to morning exercise.

Sometimes I do weights on my own, but I use a Cathe video most workout days.
-Connie

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-03 AT 04:11AM (Est)[/font][p]I'm almost 37 (in February), and have been working out consistently for about 5 years, only for the last year with Cathe however. I worked out about 4 years to the Firm before that, and sporadically since I've been in my early 20's in a gym, (VERY sporadically and not much working out when I was there!).

VERY glad I found Cathe - I still rotate Firm and Cathe (but my main rotations are Cathe's) and find that throwing in a Firm rotation every once in awhile keeps me off plateaus. I certainly want more definition! I just can't seem to build muscle, no matter what I do! Maybe this Intensity Series (plus I'm contemplating purchasing S&H) will help? Pinching more than an inch I'm still working on too. Just a work in progress, it's fun, and Cathe makes it more fun!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery...9391&members=1&galleryPassword=tygsr1eCFRoQ.&

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-03 AT 04:23AM (Est)[/font][p]murph - Ahhhh, bringing back those memories. Remember those socks with the little balls on the ends (my dog would always chew them off), the tennis ones that didn't even go up to your ankles? And what about headbands (those actually served a purpose, keeping sweat off of your face!). How about those shorts that had piping down the sides made of light windbreaker material? I remember seeing a man running down a very busy street many moons ago (as in 2 or 3 years ago) with very short piping shorts, black dress socks and shoes and and undershirt. I know I shouldn't have chuckled at that, because he was doing a VERY good thing by being active, but I think his choice in footwear (and shortwear) was a little off. ;)

Now you have me reminiscing! :)

I am 42 years old & have bee exercising most of my life!
Judy
May God grant you a sunbeam to warm you, a moon beam to charm you & an angel so nothing can harm you :-shy

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-03 AT 08:51AM (Est)[/font][p]I'm 49 and I have exercising regularly (5-6 days per week) since October 1982.

Check out a picture of some of my instructors and me - scroll way down to the bottom right hand side of the page I'm linking you too. One of our cycle instructors (Joe) designed and maintains his website almost daily. He and his wife are both Body PUMP and cycle instructors. You'll find some great information regarding heart rate zones, etc. All of our cycle instructors are certified by Heart Zones.

http://www.joedom.com/joedom.com/index.shtml

Linda

I'm 49 and I have exercising regularly (5-6 days per week) since October 1982.

Check out a picture of some of my instructors and me - scroll way down to the bottom right hand side of the page I'm linking you too. One of our cycle instructors (Joe) designed and maintains his website almost daily. He and his wife are both Body PUMP and cycle instructors. You'll find some great information regarding heart rate zones, etc. All of our cycle instructors are certified by Heart Zones.

http://www.joedom.com/joedom.com/index.shtml

Linda

I will be 37 this June and have been working out regularly since age 21. In high school I ran track, and played soccer and baseball and the coaches demanded alot in terms of physical conditioning so I was in great shape then. In college, I had no time really for working out but after I graduated I picked it up again. I also was into mountain biking heavily during that time.
I have been doing Cathe tapes for about 3 to 4 years now. I love mountain biking, blading, trail running, and also working out on treadmills and stair climbers. I lift weights at a health club near where we live.
Occasionally, I have been known to run hills in the summer heat until I am about to pass out. I am very competitive with myself and sometimes push way too hard, although as I get older I am learning to chill out a bit. :)
A few of my favorite life sayings, just for the hell of it:
"Winners never quit, quitters never win."
"Make your presence felt."
"Always give 100 percent. Anything less is unacceptable."
"Get it up, and keep it up."
Great thread ladies!
Trevor :)

I am 28 years old and have been exercising consistently for the last 3 years (1.5 with Cathe). I started working out when I was around 20 but VERY sporadically and only when I felt I needed to lose weight. I have finally discovered better reasons to exercise and can't imagine life without it now.

I'm 40 and will turn 41 in May. I've exercise my entire life. Began with ballet at about 3 and did gymnastics, swimming and dancing. I also ran a little bit on the track in school.

One thing I used to do was this gizmo that you'd tie to the doorknob and it had ropes that would move with your legs. It added some resistance to leg movements. It really worked, but the rope would burn off and break!

Also did jazzercise (barefoot too!!), jogging and some weight machines in the 80's (women did not go into the free weight room back then!). In the late 80's I heard of the Firm and was addited to them through the 90's. Hate the newer tapes and didn't even bother with the Fitprime tapes. Discovered Cathe a few years ago and think she's absolutely outstanding!

Laura

I'm 50 and I started long ago (think I was 35) with good ole Jane. Then I race walked then I firmed then I ran then I let it go then I race walked then I let it go then I firmed then I found Cathe in '00 and there is NO LETTIN' GO!!

-joy

Hello, I'm 37, married, 3 children. I've been exercising since I was 16. I found Cathe back in 96 and nothing, I mean nothing compares to the wonderful workouts Cathe provides for all of us. I run, go to the gym and do my Cathe tapes. I'm in the best shape of my life because of Cathe. I can outdo anybody at the gym when it comes to step. I actually get really bored at the gym and always come back to my Cathe videos.

I am 39, and will be 40 in June. OUCH. I started exercising when I met my now husband about 8 years ago. I was a heavy smoker, and had just come off a bad relationship filled with beer, and I had gained about 20 lbs. I started by walking. Put my dear sweet babies at the time on their bikes, and they rode, and we walked. Then I got a Jane Fonda tape, then Firm, and now Cathe. Cathe will be a lifetime partner from now on, I just love her. Nothing else compares!!!! If only my new DVD's would get here??!!! I read this forum usually twice a day, and just love it here!!!!
Lori S.

I'm 44 years old. I've been working out for the last 24 years but not as intense since starting with Cathe about 3 years ago. In addition to Cathe, I like to rollerblade, bike, play tennis,and jog. Yesterday, I rode my bike for 10 miles and to do that in January in Minnesota is wonderful!

Joanne

This is a great thread! I've enjoyed reading about everyone!

I'm 38 years old and started exercising 20 years ago with a Joanie Greggins audio tape that came with a booklet showing pictures of the exercises! Eventually, I graduated up to taping Gilad's Bodies in Motion show (when I *finally* owned a VCR, such a big deal back then!), to buying videos in the store (and thus a vidiot was born) and when I discovered the internet... OH BOY! What doors were opened! :7 Now there's a DVD player next to the VCR in the entertainment center, a whole library of workouts, and so much equipment stashed around my apartment that I ought to be embarrassed... but I'm not! ;-)

The next step is that I am now trying to turn my passion into a possible career! In September I started a new degree program at a local college called Adaptive Fitness. I am totally excited to learn more about the wonderful world of fitness!

And I really can't wait to recieve my Intensity DVDS!!!!!! :-jumpy

I'm 25 and have been working out since I was 16 and in highschool. Wow! Hard to believe I've been working out that long considering my size now. Anyways, I started working out with ESPN's Bodyshaping, Fitness Pro's (starred a young Tamilee Webb before she became Ms Buns Of Steel super intructor, Donna Richardson, Tracy York, and Nancy Popp), and Denise Austin (before she moved to Lifetime) before they came out with ESPN2. Once, they add the 2nd channel I still continued to work out with Bodyshaping, Kiana's Flex Appeal, Crunch (it this show that got me hooked to working out), and Fitness Beach. From there I started buying all the Crunch at home workout tapes and others once I discovered the Collage catalog and before you knew it I had turned my father's living room into my own little at home gym with all my equipment and whatnot. Fell off the wagon once I became pregnant with my son in 2001 and put on 50+ pounds. Started back up with Cathe and Firm in Oct '02.

-Jilliana

I am 43 and have been working out for 24 years. I started with the records too (Jane Fonda, Joanie Greggins, and Richard Simmons show too) I didn't find Cathe until 2000 and now the others never make it into my DVD/VCR player anymore! Can't wait for my new DVD's. I remember those leg warmers and the 20 minute workout that used to be on TV! :)
Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.