Advice on finding workout partners?

FitGirl-ATX

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I've been really struggling with too much stress and too little motivation this year. I'd like to find a consistent workout buddy, and was wondering if anyone can suggest a decent place or way to find one. I've found a couple of websites, but none seem to be really active with posters like our Cathe/VF forums. I no longer have a gym membership and mostly workout at home. If I found someone trustworthy, I wouldn't mind having my garage gym as our workout location.

Thanks!
fitgirl-atx

Last edited:
Try running groups or weight loss groups through meetup. I wouldn't have people to your home until you know them a little bit.

Hi RapidBreath:

Thanks for the suggestion. I definitely wouldn't have someone to my home until getting to know them and establishing a level of trust. I've just moved to a new city. I used to work at a gym and always found my workout buddies there. But, being in a new city and not working at a gym here yet, I'm having a hard time meeting like-minded people. Great suggestion to look for a few meetup groups to join. Maybe I can meet someone there to start working out together.

In health,
fitgirl-atx

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.