Abs Janet's way?

R

rachel2

Hi Cathe:
There was a show on VH1 about how music stars stay/get so buff looking. The segment on Janet Jackson showed her trainer using a move in which he slapped the abdominals during crunches.(not a hard slap) In essence,he claimed this causes a more vigorous crunch or greater abdominal contraction. I have seen boxers use this method but thought it was more for mental toughness.
Janet's abs are incredible.
What do you think? Have you ever tried this "technique"?
Thanks,
Rachel

I havent tried this technique, but I read in another magazine that in addition to Janet's ab workout she also had plastic surgery to remove some fat deposits along the "six pack" abdominal contour lines and that she had restricted her diet to 800 calories a day. Who knows what's the truth when it comes to celebrities.

Stacy

Yes she did have some type of plastic surgery called ab etching.They just talked about that some where. I can't remember where though.

Okay,now I am dissolusioned. Oh well. Hope springs eternal.

I have never heard of Janet having any type of plastic surgery on her abs. I have read in a magazine, where both Janet and her trainer were interviewed, that she did go on a liquid diet that even her trainer said was extreme. I think she was getting ready for her tour. I have seen Janet in concert, in Munich '95 and San Antonio, Tx. '98 and she looked GREAT!!! She was not small, but she was tight. She was very muscular. Her abs were very defined. She is tiny now. I know she has had issues w/ her weight as a lot of people do. I did see an interview she gave on MTV when she was getting ready for her '95 concert and she was working out w/ weights and doing cardio. In the last interview I read she would play sports as one of her cardio's(baseball I believe) In the '95 interview she seemed to really be into lifting weights. Plus, she said they rehearsed two hours a day. And if you have ever been to one of her concerts then you know there is a lot of serious dancing. But JJ has her own chef. So she has someone who prepares all of her meals and her own personal trainer. That makes a difference. The plastic surgery thing, never read about that one.

Hi

I agree with all you say about JJ (i'm not a fan) but the reason why many believe she has had surgery is that after all the time she has been working out she now has a six pack. Also ab-etching is and works better for people who workout regularly as all it is is the removal of fat over the muscle you still need to build the muscle and keep it in shape.

I doubt very much JJ will admit to having any surgery and certainly not this surgery so its very much up to you. For myself I guess even with people I admire in the industry I would not be surprised at the end of the day they make big bucks and their bodies are often their instrument.

The whole industry does unfortunetly encourage drastic efforts to keep slim and trim.

Babs

I agree that she probably wouldn't admit to having surgery. One thing I do know is that she went on a liquid diet for awhile and went below 1200 calories a day (not safe!) She was interviewed in a fitness mag. That bugged me. She said she was now a size 1 and I'm thinking, someone with her body structure (curvy, hourglass figure) probably shouldn't ever be a size 1. She has struggled with weight and eating disorders like many of us have. I just hope that she really is healthy right now.

I did read somewhere she had ab sketching, or whatever it is called, done. Plus just this past weekend on MTV, and I've read this in some articles, that she had done what is called "colonics" which is colon cleansing. Sounds pretty gross to me. One rap singer said he had it done 3 times and didn't not like, so quit having it done. He did, however, like the results it gave him on his abs. Weird huh?

Well, she did have the six pack in '95 at the concert I attended. All of the dancers were cut. She was not small, but she was very buffed.

Hi

As I say I don't know if she has had the surgery or if its just a vicious rumour I cannot say. I personally aviod admiring celebs mainly because its all about how they look. I would rather focus on real women you are healthy, and have faced the challenge of defining beauty in a real rather than trying to like some "ideal"

As case in point I really like Cher I enjoy her music bought and used both her fitness videos. Do I believe she has had surgery well yes admittedly its more obvious now (due to her botox injections). But I don't look to her for inspiration I rather look to the Educated Crowd here.

Just my 2 cents

Babs

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.