ab workouts

FitNurseRN

Cathlete
any good advice on some good ab work outs? I feel like i have have no stregnth there what so ever. I need something that isnt too intense due to both my surgeries i cant do a lot of cathes stuff.

melissa

when i started back adding abs to my cardio, i put in karen voight's ab section from her strong and streamlined fitness dvd...it's about 10-15 min, comprehensive and you can just do as much as you can and work your way through it...i actually love her ab/core work though. you might also want to look at the star trainers ab workouts (intermediate level) to tack onto your workouts. good luck!:)

Melissa- I started out with Mari Winsor's Pilates for Abs- or something like that. It's just a 20 min dvd that just foucuses on abs/core. I remember not being able to do hardly any of it, I had absolutely no core strength. But, eventually, it does come back. That was a gentle DVD that helped. I really didn't touch any of Cathe's dvd's untill the 6mth pp date. Just too hard, and difficult to modify.

Hi Melissa,

I also had a C-Section and started working my abs about 6 weeks after my dd's birth. At first it was difficult and I was a little sore around the incision site so I just did whatever exercises felt OK. I stuck to Cathe's ab routines and modified them to what I could do. I found that that the "roll-up" move with the ball in Kick Punch and Crunch really helped me get strength back quickly. You will be amazed at how quickly you regain strength in your abs if you just do what you can each day. Congratulations on your little one!

Jules

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.