$8,365; Anyone still debating a Road Trip or pre-ordering the new series?

TexasLaura

Cathlete
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This ought to help you "off the fence". (I'm actually bringing this up again--I posted it once several months ago but thought it might help someone convince a significant other, or herself, that the expense is worth it)

For those of us who stress about all the Cathe (and other) workouts and equipment that we purchase, keep this in mind; according to a recent study released by George Washington University, the ANNUAL cost of obesity is $8,365! That's PER YEAR!

$8,365 dollars per year!!

That can get you to the Disney RT, pre-order the new series, AND have plenty left over!! (and next year you can start over!)

Stay healthy, my friends!

I'll be sharing this info w/ hubby. He and our boys got me STS for Mother's Day and gave me a (teeny bit) of grief on the cost. We only get one body, so taking care of it is priceless, right? :)

I'm going to post this on my FB page... as a sneaky way of getting a point across to my unhealthy/lazy friends who desperately need to lose weight!

Thanks for posting this again!!

Pam

ps... can't wait for the new Low-Impact Series!

Great post Laura! Aren't we blessed that we "get" it? I am fortunate that I can order every series/ workout that Cathe puts out, but if I couldn't, I'd sure find a way!

I love studies...:rolleyes:...and how they come to numbers like that. In this instance, I believe it considering how crazy expensive it is to go to the doctor even once. Somewhere in past reads, there was an article that sticks out in my mind (I wish I could find it) that stated every dollar invested in workout gear, pays back $6 in health benefits. Again, I'd like to know the parameters used in that study, but I love it!

I love studies...:rolleyes:...and how they come to numbers like that. In this instance, I believe it considering how crazy expensive it is to go to the doctor even once. Somewhere in past reads, there was an article that sticks out in my mind (I wish I could find it) that stated every dollar invested in workout gear, pays back $6 in health benefits. Again, I'd like to know the parameters used in that study, but I love it!

I wonder about these studies, too. however, in this case, I'm sure that they are taking into account costs associated with obesity-related illnesses like diabetes, peripheral vascular disease, hypertension and heart disease. The # stated is an annual average; the early costs would be less but the longer a person lives with those medical problems, the more expensive it would get. (and in that case, I'm really surprised that the cost is not even higher!)

I'll be sharing this info w/ hubby. He and our boys got me STS for Mother's Day and gave me a (teeny bit) of grief on the cost. We only get one body, so taking care of it is priceless, right? :)

Dixie Girl, remind your hubby that if you weren't taking such good care of yourself, you wouldn't be nearly as "hot"!!! That ought to be worth a lot, right!!!

Way to go TexasLaura, you just won Enabler of the Month! Again!

:eek:

112to Guru, I'm really just looking for ways to justify my own Cathe addiction! I figure that there are plenty like myself "out there" so if I find something this good (a "scientific" study...i.e. "proof") I should share it with my sisters!!!!

BTW, will there a plaque to go along with that title?!!?

Oh my gosh. I was going to make a joke about looking for the "like" button...and then there really was one! Clearly, I am spending way too much time off the boards!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.