61 Year Old Progress

Hi Dela,

I'm on the Paleo diet because of my GERD (reflux desease) I'll always be thin now because of it. Can't eat like I use to or I will suffer. However, it seems to keep it at bay and under control. Also it makes me feel like I have energy to spare and beyond. Love this way of eating. I tweak it and use yogurt, fermentation foods and Steal Cut Oats.

Take care,

Janie

Hi Dela,

I'm on the Paleo diet because of my GERD (reflux desease) I'll always be thin now because of it. Can't eat like I use to or I will suffer. However, it seems to keep it at bay and under control. Also it makes me feel like I have energy to spare and beyond. Love this way of eating. I tweak it and use yogurt, fermentation foods and Steal Cut Oats.

Take care,

Janie

Thanks Janie!

Congrats, Janie. I remember when you asked Cathe for a rotation months ago, and I have to say I am in awe of your progress. You are an inspiration!! Your hard work has really paid off....you look fabulous and fit!!!!

Janie,
I'm so glad I found this thread! I've been wondering how you were doing with that killer long term "rotation" that Cathe set up for you! Obviously, you're ROCKIN' IT!!!! HOKEY SMOKES!!!!!:eek: I am totally in awe of your success!:D

Oh my gosh Janie!! Your smile radiates your incredible beauty!!! And your outside ain't so bad either ;) AWESOME JOB!! :D I think you look great where you are. Your upper body is unbelievable!! What muscle group are you working towards defining now?

May I ask how long this journey has taken you? To get to the 140 pic and then from there to now? Just curious as I have finally gotten it through my thick skull that consistency is the key (along with nutrition which I am finally getting under control) and I have been working hard since 4/23 when I started STS (now completed) and am continuing working hard. At times I doubt I can achieve the body I desire (Im 41), but you undoubtly shoot bullets through that thought! THANK YOU :cool:

Gina

Oh my gosh Janie!! Your smile radiates your incredible beauty!!! And your outside ain't so bad either ;) AWESOME JOB!! :D I think you look great where you are. Your upper body is unbelievable!! What muscle group are you working towards defining now?

May I ask how long this journey has taken you? To get to the 140 pic and then from there to now? Just curious as I have finally gotten it through my thick skull that consistency is the key (along with nutrition which I am finally getting under control) and I have been working hard since 4/23 when I started STS (now completed) and am continuing working hard. At times I doubt I can achieve the body I desire (Im 41), but you undoubtly shoot bullets through that thought! THANK YOU :cool:

Gina

Gina, I'm working on trying to look like a body builder, a dream of mine it seems for such a long time. Started the 8-9 month rotation Cathe gave me and also her suggestion of a tweaked Paleo Diet. She had no idea how overweight I was. Started in January 2012 at 168 pounds. Then the pic you see with the 50# dumbell I think is 4-5 months into the rotation/diet. And now at 126 pounds this August. 42 pounds lost in 7 1/2 months. Lost about a pound and a half a week on average, but in reality lost a lot in the beginning and it declined as I went through the journey. I'm hoping to lose just a few more pounds, and if not I'm OK with that.

You are right, consistency is key on diet and exercise. Very proud of you starting your journey of fitness on 4/23. STS is a fantastic start to get to your goal. I thought like you did once too, (I doubted I could achieve my goal) but when Cathe gave me this rotation after I told her my goal, I new it was possible with lots of hard work, and you are right, consistency. Congratulations for continuing the hard work. Keep it up, you'll get to your goal. I bet you are much closer to your goal now since 4/23.

If your are interested here is a copy of what Cathe suggested to me:

"Hi Janie! Good for you for looking for continued progress and success.

Do STS in its entirety.

Take one week off.

Do Gym Styles for one month!

Do the low impact series for two weeks.

Do Four Day Split for one month.

Do Shock Cardio Series for two weeks

Do STS Meso two and Meso three

All the while eat a super clean diet. I tweak the Paleo diet to suit my needs. But basically eat very lean lean, natural, non processed foods, lots of dark green veggies, brown rice, sweet potatoes, quinoa, healthy fruits in small portions, fish, poultry, etc. Water, green tea are my main source of liquids. I throw in some organic 100% pure tart cherry juice for my joints and a great source of antioxidants too.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!
"

Take care Gina and keep me posted on your progress,

Janie

Last edited:
Janie you look great!! I am in for trying your rotation! Did you do any cardio while following this plan?? I think you look beautiful I see no wrinkles! Also, do you have a journal of your progress along the way?!

Gina, I'm working on trying to look like a body builder, a dream of mine it seems for such a long time. Started the 8-9 month rotation Cathe gave me and also her suggestion of a tweaked Paleo Diet. She had no idea how overweight I was. Started in January 2012 at 168 pounds. Then the pic you see with the 50# dumbell I think is 4-5 months into the rotation/diet. And now at 126 pounds this August. 42 pounds lost in 7 1/2 months. Lost about a pound and a half a week on average, but in reality lost a lot in the beginning and it declined as I went through the journey. I'm hoping to lose just a few more pounds, and if not I'm OK with that.

You are right, consistency is key on diet and exercise. Very proud of you starting your journey of fitness on 4/23. STS is a fantastic start to get to your goal. I thought like you did once too, (I doubted I could achieve my goal) but when Cathe gave me this rotation after I told her my goal, I new it was possible with lots of hard work, and you are right, consistency. Congratulations for continuing the hard work. Keep it up, you'll get to your goal. I bet you are much closer to your goal now since 4/23.

If your are interested here is a copy of what Cathe suggested to me:

"Hi Janie! Good for you for looking for continued progress and success.

Do STS in its entirety.

Take one week off.

Do Gym Styles for one month!

Do the low impact series for two weeks.

Do Four Day Split for one month.

Do Shock Cardio Series for two weeks

Do STS Meso two and Meso three

All the while eat a super clean diet. I tweak the Paleo diet to suit my needs. But basically eat very lean lean, natural, non processed foods, lots of dark green veggies, brown rice, sweet potatoes, quinoa, healthy fruits in small portions, fish, poultry, etc. Water, green tea are my main source of liquids. I throw in some organic 100% pure tart cherry juice for my joints and a great source of antioxidants too.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!"

Take care Gina and keep me posted on your progress,

Janie

Janie there is no doubt in my mind that you can achieve your body builder physique with your desire, dedication, and perseverance!!

Thank you for sharing your personalized Cathe rotation :D with me. I am in the process of creating my next rotation & I was deciding between PS or GS. Now, I may just do GS!! I won't be going straight into after STS, but I've continued my weight work since then.

Unfortunately, my stats are still at where I was on 4/23 b/c I have been struggling with overeating :eek: So, I keep losing/gaining the same few #. What has shown progress is my strength d/t STS :cool: and my cardio endurance...BIG TIME!! So, I am very happy with that. Last Wed I started a reasonable caloric plan ( about 1800 cals give or take 100) that is satisfying yet should yield results long term. I eat 5x spaced 3 hours apart which prevents the overeating. And today, 1 week into it, I am down 1.5# :). My goal is to continue to tweak my nutrition to eat more whole, unprocessed foods.

I would love to keep you posted with my progress! And I look forward to hearing about your continued journey as well :)

Thank you :D

Gina

Janie you look great!! I am in for trying your rotation! Did you do any cardio while following this plan?? I think you look beautiful I see no wrinkles! Also, do you have a journal of your progress along the way?!

Iron-mom,

Oh yes, I do cardio on the days when I don't do weight training. I take one day of the week off from all exercises so my body can catch up and heal. I tried using a journal, recorded my food for a few weeks and it all ended up about the same calories so instead of spending the time on a journal, I did other things. Not that it's not a good idea, just not for me. Also when I feel extra energy, I take advantage of that and do an extra cardio session that day.

Please keep me posted, on how you do. I'm very interested on the results you will achieve.

Take care and have great workouts,

Janie

Last edited:
Janie,

Is there a paleo book(s) that you have read/liked/recommend that helped you transition into this diet?

Gina

Janie,

Is there a paleo book(s) that you have read/liked/recommend that helped you transition into this diet?

Gina

I use the Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain. I feel he is more schooled. Listen to your body and the foods you put into it. I say that, because I found while on the diet, that I'm allergic to nuts (itchy sensation), even flax seed. Who knew! I replace those fats with other fats such as coconut oil, avocado, olive oil...

Take care,

Janie

Hello Janie,
I don't know if you saw this posting in another thread, but there is some chatting going on about Body Beast, which is a Beachbody weight lifting program. I peeked at the clip on Youtube and it is certainly an intense weight program. Some folks reported having great gains in muscle. I wonder if that would be something that would get you to the next level? I am intrigued, but I'm going to stick with my plan to follow your plan! :) Maybe when I'm done I'll move on to that one.

Eva

I have no idea where to post this

I live on the top floor of my condo buidling, and it is so warm even with two AC's running. I was getting antsy so I started doing cardio yesterday. Today, I did 45 minutes of Low Max, and I am ashamed to say I only did it on a six inch step. I will do my arms next and yoga. I know I have to build up to cardio.

Hello Janie,
I don't know if you saw this posting in another thread, but there is some chatting going on about Body Beast, which is a Beachbody weight lifting program. I peeked at the clip on Youtube and it is certainly an intense weight program. Some folks reported having great gains in muscle. I wonder if that would be something that would get you to the next level? I am intrigued, but I'm going to stick with my plan to follow your plan! :) Maybe when I'm done I'll move on to that one.

Eva

Eva, I did see this remarkable looking body building program. I wish I could get it but I had to chose between Cathe or Body Beast. I had to chose our Cathe.:) I still believe I can achieve my goal with her. Thank you so much for turning my head again. I want both! What can I say? I love my plan and hope the next go around will even be better. Would you like to join our group called "Getting Our Licks In"? Not everyone is doing what I am. They are a great bunch of women. It would be great to get to know you and Caitlin or anyone else for that matter.

I live on the top floor of my condo buidling, and it is so warm even with two AC's running. I was getting antsy so I started doing cardio yesterday. Today, I did 45 minutes of Low Max, and I am ashamed to say I only did it on a six inch step. I will do my arms next and yoga. I know I have to build up to cardio.

Caitlin, I was ashamed also where I started. When I did the hard cardios I used the top of the step.:eek:. You gotta start somewhere, and that's the important thing to keep in mind. Also it's only you and Cathe. It's OK to make mistakes, she wont' say a word. All you can do is get better, right? Good for you.

Please keep me posted on how you do with your workouts. If you want we have a group called "Getting our Licks In" would love to see you and Eva there. We could sure use a few more people in that group. It would be a welcome to get to know both of you and of course anyone else who might be interested. They are all wonderful, caring and knowledgeable women.

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.