50 and over week of June 6 check in

Good evening,

I did get disc 21 done today. Another week of meso 2 completed.

I ate a lot of carbs today and boy did they make me tired.

Joan

hi joan, wow, you worked out after 11 boys??? you are tough. today was rest day for me, and i am so glad. although, i did work at the vet clinic for about 4 hrs today and sweated like a pig. it is really humid here. ick! summer is here.

Good morning, y'all.

Sorry I haven't been too good at checking in. Last week, we spent with DIL, son and family, and there was no time for working out. This week will be too hectic for any working out, either.

DIL's battle with pancreatic cancer ended this morning at 5:20. She was a sweet soul. Our hearts are breaking, but she is no longer suffering, and she was so sick last week.

I will be getting back to you next week. All of you please stay well.

Magnolia

Magnolia - I am so sorry to hear the news about your DIL. My heart and prayers are with your family. I know this is such a difficult time for all of you.

Sorry I have been MIA for the past several weeks. I've been busy gardening and taking care of my mom. I have been exercising the whole time which helps keep me sane plus I feel so good afterwards.

This month I'm doing Cathe's Dec. 09 Timesaver rotation. This morning I did the Lower Body Cardio Blast premix form Low Impact Step. It's nice to be able to finally follow step choreography now since I've been doing a lot lately.

(((((Magnolia))))) I'm so sorry. I'm glad you got to spend some time with son and dil last week.

We all seem to go in cycles when we can post and then we can't . As long as everyone knows that we will always be welcomed back and no one will judge us for the missing posts.

I feel like I know everyone in the group and you have made my life better.

Take care,

Joan

Last edited:
Magnolia- my heart goes out to you and your family. I am so sorry! It seems unbelievable that she could have been diagnosed just a few months ago. There is no denying that it will be difficult for all of you.

Linda, glad you are still doing well. Yes, the exercise keeps things sane!

Joan, thanks for the kind words!

Cathy and Jann, hi!!

I am in Iowa visiting my parents. My mom and I took a 5 mile walk today. I am still on that diet and am losing about a half pound a day- Thank Goodness!
I will be back next week ready to start back on Cathe's rotation.

Good morning,

Yesterday was an hour on the treadmill.

I went to the dentist today to get teeth cleaned. I go there feeling good and then my mouth is always sore after they poke around.

It's supposed to be raining all week. So far it's just gotten dark but you know we will get a storm.

BBL

Joan

magnolia, i am so sorry! i will pray for you and your family.

we had a hugh storm last nite. flooded new braunfels, and other places. new braunfels got 11" of rain overnite. i think this part of texas is the only place it deals stuff like that. it can be so dry and then, one of these gigantic storms comes thru and floods everything. crazy!

well, been interesting this week. i was sick as a dog yesterday, couldn't even get out of bed. and, today i am fine, still have a bad sore throat and cough, but dont' feel bad. i did 3 of tracie's new FOcus workouts today. thay are sooo cool! i love them. i don't know if i have a cold or allergies, but i was on antibiotics and they did nothing, so the dr. sent me some allegra, so we will see if it works. otherwise, i have not worked out since last saturday. so, anyway, that is what i've been doing this week.

magnolia, i am so sorry! i will pray for you and your family.

we had a hugh storm last nite. flooded new braunfels, and other places. new braunfels got 11" of rain overnite. i think this part of texas is the only place it deals stuff like that. it can be so dry and then, one of these gigantic storms comes thru and floods everything. crazy!

well, been interesting this week. i was sick as a dog yesterday, couldn't even get out of bed. and, today i am fine, still have a bad sore throat and cough, but dont' feel bad. i did 3 of tracie's new FOcus workouts today. thay are sooo cool! i love them. i don't know if i have a cold or allergies, but i was on antibiotics and they did nothing, so the dr. sent me some allegra, so we will see if it works. otherwise, i have not worked out since last saturday. so, anyway, that is what i've been doing this week.

Well, I got my DNA tests back. That have classified me as a Fat Trimmer/High MET. What that means is I am to go on a low fat diet and my workouts should be 6+ METS 3 x's a week and weight work 2 X's a week. Basically I have been eating and exercising completely wrong. :confused: I have been low carbing and heavy weights. :confused: No wonder I can't keep it off. :mad:
I am trying to put together a rotation and I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought a lot of low-fat foods. According to their web site I should be on a 1200 calorie diet so watching sugar is important.

I plan to put this action into place immediately. Hopefully by summers end I'll be less fat! Plus I'll know how to eat for ever.

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I did Low Max - All Step Combo and this morning I did Gym Style Legs - Timesaver (This workout is so hard!). It didn't help that my Siamese cat was very affectionate and was crawling all over me when I was doing the floor exercises...he's very cute.

Cathy - I hope you start feeling better. I find that sometimes it's difficult to tell if I have a cold or if it's a bad allergy episode.....most of the time it is an allergy problem.

Jann - It will be interesting to see how the change in diet and how you exercise makes a difference in your weight loss goals.

At this point....I'm tired of "dieting". Even though I've been comfort eating I find I am able to maintain my weight thanks to the exercising.

It's going to be a hot day today....hope you all have a good day.

Good evening,

Thursday was 40 min on treadmill.

I'm still liking Mayo clinic diet because it's more picking from categories than calorie counting although I do that too.

Lots of fruits and veg but you do get carbs. Fat is supposed to be only the good stuff.

Unfortunately you do need a calorie deficit to lose weight. I'm averaging a little more than the 1200 but only because I am monitoring the calories used. It feels good to know I can control weight loss. In a week if I eat 3500 calories less than I use I will lose a pound.

I don't know if I will ever be able to maintain my weight without tracking what I eat. Unfortunately when I stop counting calories I usually stop exercising.

Joan

howdy ya'll, today i did tracie's core cardio. my rear is still sore from her lower body i did on wed.
ya'll have a great weekend. ttyl

Joan your diet plan seems to be working -- way to go!! -- Are you still wearing your GWF?

Cathy I resisted Tracie's newest set so far. I need more HIIT workouts now. :confused: It's hard though, I love her workouts.

Linda Sounds like your body is at its happy point. :) I read everyone has a weight where their body is happy.

I want to stop dieting also. That's why I took the genetic test. This way I know for sure what foods will make me healthy. It's my fault if I eat the wrong ones. I am just so glad I don't have to eat so much protein. I eat foods I like.

Yesterday I started with Cathe's 20 minute heavy bag workout followed by 30/30. I am pushing myself much harder with my workouts then before.

Good morning,

Jann Yes I am wearing GWF eveyday. It is what let's me control weight loss. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. I always knew that 3500 calories was a pound but I don't know if I really believed it. I always tried to eat 3500 calories less per week. If you don't know how many calories you are using you could only succeed accidentally.

I did 35 min. on treadmill. I also meant to do legs but that didn't happen.

My db will be coming for the weekend with his family. I will have to watch the food intake.

Joan

jann, how did you get that test done? sounds interesting.

today i did ultimate calorie blast w/stephanie. tough and sweaty. lots of tall box climb, which i like, fortunately.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.