50 and over week of January 31 check in

Good morning,

We had more snow last night...about 4 inches. It looks beautiful outside but I'm getting tired of snow. We might get more this week-end.

I did Slim in 6 - Start it Up and Cathe Stretch Max - Resistance Band. I really enjoyed the stretching. I forgot how boring SI6 can be, but I wanted an easy overall body workout this morning.

Jann - yes...starting ballet training at 38 was a challenge. I felt like an elephant dancing across the studio floor....no grace what so ever. But because all of us adults were beginners...it was still fun. I eventually worked my way up to intermediate level before things started giving out (i.e. knees, feet).

We are covered in the white - cold - stuff here too! It's suppose to snow again Friday and Saturday - :mad: I have to get out there and shovel I guess. :rolleyes:

Linda - I have SI6 too! I have not used those in a while. Debbie is such a little chatter box. :D I like to play my own music and just watch her that seems to work better for me. I can't remember which workout now, but I used to put on Cher's greatest hits album and it almost always worked with each exercise and the timing of the songs. :p I think you are a very brave women to try ballet -- it is so hard.
4xvim2p.gif

oh man, i'm sorry, i'll see if i can copy and paste it for ya.

well, yes, jann, i think they do use calories to figure the points, but i'm not sure how. my dil figured it all out for me, but all i know is i am down 6#'s and it was not hard at all. actually, to figure how many pts . you take the calorie, fiber , and fat, and you have a little slidey scale thing and you line up the cal & fiber, then look across the page and find the fat and it tells you the point value. so, the higher fiber, lower fat, the lower point value. does that make sense? :)
well, off to do the wts. from jiggle free arms and then drill max total body premix. bye

Last edited:
we are covered in WET!!! it has rained all nite, and will keep it up all day. water standing everywhere already.

oh man, i'm sorry, i'll see if i can copy and paste it for ya.

well, yes, jann, i think they do use calories to figure the points, but i'm not sure how. my dil figured it all out for me, but all i know is i am down 6#'s and it was not hard at all. actually, to figure how many pts . you take the calorie, fiber , and fat, and you have a little slidey scale thing and you line up the cal & fiber, then look across the page and find the fat and it tells you the point value. so, the higher fiber, lower fat, the lower point value. does that make sense? :)
well, off to do the wts. from jiggle free arms and then drill max total body premix. bye
Thanks Cathy. :)

Good evening all,

I finished 33 returns. I have 18 more in house to do with more appointments tomorrow. Still no exercise but hope to have time tomorrow. I haven't logged in food in a few days either so I better be careful.

We supposed to have a couple of inches of snow tomorrow night. It was over 40 degrees today and beautiful.

Joan

Good Morning,

I did 4-DS Kickbox Cardio only and TBS Stability Ball Stretching #2 and had a great workout. I just got 4-DS....took advantage of the 30% off. The endorphins have really kicked in....I feel great!

We're suppose to be clobbered with snow tomorrow...maybe another 12+ inches. This is rare for the N. Virginia area to have so many significant snow storms. There might be another snow storm heading our way on Tuesday. I'm getting really tired of all that white stuff, although yesterday the snow looked beautiful on the trees.

Joan - I feel so bad for you....too much work and not enough time. I wish I could take some of that stress away from you.

Jann - If you think I was brave taking up ballet....I also performed on stage with a local ballet company once I got up to intermediate level (imagine....the adults were moving props in the background for a story ballet...we even had our own dance). It was so much fun. The Summer of 08 I attended an Adult Intensive Ballet program held at the Richmond Ballet facilities and trained for a week (about 6 hours of dancing a day). I cannot even describe how sore I was....my calfs, thighs and lower back throbbed. I lost a toe nail on my big toe from that ordeal. Not sure if I want to do that again...although it's tempting.

well, i did a kind of smorgasboard workout from the internet. abs, core stuff mainly, so tomorrow i hit it hard again, also cleaned my barn out, and walked in the pouring rain and watched the creek roaring. really was very nice, actually.
have a nice evening

Good Morning!!

Hey Magnolia I hope you are enjoying that cruise!! Enjoy that warm weather -- snow is coming my way!

Linda performing :eek: YAY for YOU!! I am very impressed. I won't ask how you lost a toe nail -- :( I like the 4DS premix Bootcamp cardio from that series! I love that its short and I can really burn some calories. Are you ready for all the snow we are to get today?

Cathy nice pics.

Joan oh Joan... I hope you are not buried under tax forms!

I jumped on the treadmill yesterday for only 15 minutes. Decided I was not in the mood. :confused: I have Basic Step on the Calendar for today.

Isn't This Rest Week?

I have been taking rest week very seriously here!!;) There was nothing on my calendar so the most I have done all week is a few attempts at some of the Hiits. I planned to go to yoga or something but somehow, the rest is addictive!

Cathy - nice photos! You have a great set up down there in Texas!! I wish I had a creek to walk by!

Magnolia - Enjoy that cruise!

Joan- I think it is unfair that your birthday falls right in the middle of tax season! I hope your getting some rest somewhere.

Jann- You are motivating me to do at least something today-- I may download the basic step!!

Have a good day!

Hey Beth
2.gif
I decided to do Low Impact Step the original one on the DVD w/Total Body Sculpting. Cathe created this one to sell with the small step. It's a great DVD if you want to learn Cathe's queuing. And its short only 40 minutes.

I've downloaded a couple of workouts just to play around with them. I CAN NOT wait until they finally release the workout blender! I am so ready.
I kinda hope that, that is the reason they are not releasing Shock Cardio until April. I am hoping that they plan to have it ready then and make some kind of package deal for those who did not preorder or just want the digital copies. :rolleyes:

Good morning,

I just did 30 min. on the Elliptical trainer and Segment #1 on Cathe's Stretch Max. At least my elliptical trainer is not collecting dust this week as it has for the past several months.

Cathy - I love your photos.....very beautiful horses. Your place seems so peaceful.

We are waiting for the big snow storm to get here....they are predicting up to 2 ft of snow and blizzard conditions. Suppose to get here around noon. Guess my husband and I will be doing a lot of shoveling.

Hey Linda. I wasn't sure how far west or south you are in Virginia. I am about 60 miles north west of DC. in Maryland. We are on the edge of 12-24 inches. Yesterday they were saying up to 30+ inches. 24 is PLENTY!! :D

I don't know if I ever asked you guys. Do you like greek yogurt? I am so hooked on it. I have been really trying to cut back on my morning cereal (carbs) so I've been putting just a about 1/2 cup of cereal with 3/4 to a cup of greek yogurt sometimes I add blue berries and I am in Love! :D It is a great source of protein with out having to eggs, eggs, and more eggs. ;) And I get some cereal too! It's actually helping me with not feeling sol hungry before lunch.

Hey Linda. I wasn't sure how far west or south you are in Virginia. I am about 60 miles north west of DC. in Maryland. We are on the edge of 12-24 inches. Yesterday they were saying up to 30+ inches. 24 is PLENTY!! :D

Jann - I live in Fairfax County. It started snowing about 1/2 hour ago. It came earlier than was originally predicted. Don't know if that's good or bad news.

Good morning,

I thought I would sleep in this morning because I worked until 3am but my mother got up earlier than usual and is loud. Oh well sleep is over rated.

Linda Work isn't really stressful. I used to stress about not getting exercise in but try not to now.

Our snow is coming down as rain so I don't think we could possible get the 3 inches unless it changes over quickly.

Jann I have never tried Greek yogurt. The meal plan my mother has gives yogurt and granola twice during the 5 week rotation. It has started my dh on eating it also. Otherwise he would take 2 to 3 times as much cereal.

Cathy Love the photos.

Beth I think the body really needs the rest week so enjoy. Although it doesn't need the number of rest weeks I give it.:eek:

Back to work.

Jann - I live in Fairfax County. It started snowing about 1/2 hour ago. It came earlier than was originally predicted. Don't know if that's good or bad news.
Ahhhh -- I love the Tyson's mall. :D yeah, it's snowing here now. :rolleyes:

Jann I have never tried Greek yogurt. The meal plan my mother has gives yogurt and granola twice during the 5 week rotation. It has started my dh on eating it also. Otherwise he would take 2 to 3 times as much cereal.
I know - :D it works doesn't it!

Hi Everyone!

Oh I Love Greek Yogurt! I discovered it a while back after reading about it on these boards. I had never paid any attention to it in the grocery store until I fouind out about the protein vs fat and carb level. I buy chobanis now at BJ's in flats.;)

Linda, I have friends in Fairfax county. You have great shopping up there!

Jann, I did not buy that step workout so maybe I will get low impact step instead- The lowest I have is low max, that was my first Cathe workout because at the time I thought I was advanced- HA!

My version of the workout blender -- I did 15 minutes of cardio core blast, then jumped on my spinning bike to Icycle for 30 more minutes-- stopped at 500 calories. I just couldn't jump today- it was painful! I think that I am going to be modifying for a while!!

Stay warm everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.