50 and over month of January 2012 check in

I have somehow managed to overcome...conquer if you will....today's meno-apathy and am headed to the gym to do a total body with machines and weights.

Today. Success :D

'Jann I think you are right. We need to do something/anything and keep at it.'
I concur ;)

highfive.gif
Kims to Success!!!

Yea Kims.

I have two short walks in the midst of my busy day and will need to do one more.

I'm sitting here with a hat on because I have overhead lights in my office and the light is bothering my eyes. I guess I need to go out and buy fashionable hats to wear when I have clients.

BBL with final mileage.

Two days of diet done.

Joan

Hey where is everyone?

2.1 miles today. I hope I get weight wo in tomorrow. I usually don't make appts on Thursdays but since it is so early I took some appts Thursday.

Joan

HI Joan -- I had my granddaughter all day yesterday. She was not feeling well from her shots. Miss cranky pants ;) I was either holding her, walking her or feeding her. I had her from 7:30am to 8:30pm long day!!

On my way now to do burn 2!!

Jann, how old is your grandaughter? I have 5 gbabes. The oldest 11, the youngest 2 months! Love'em!!

Wednesday and Sunday's are my 'scheduled' rest days so I used last evening to spend time with above mentioned gbabes and my daughter. Great times. DD always has me eat dinner so no cooking last night either!:D

I planned on cardio today...and maybe I'll get it in even though it is 5pm...but I've had an awful headache all day. Ever since I woke up.
It's gonna rain. This is a 'rain' headache. I get them everytime and they are tough.
Hopefully after a little power nap here in a minute, I'll feel better. Usually doesn't work but there's a first time for everything!

Joan, I and my body would be happy with 2+ miles, I promise ya that.:D
Iron-mom, I didn't gain any weight during the holidays but I didn't budge an ounce off the 20 I already have to lose!! grumble grumble

Morning ladies!

Kims I have one grandchild she is 4 months old. I only keep her every other Friday and when ever their sitter can't. I can not believe how tired I was when they finally came to pick her up. :confused: wow!! ---- I hope your headache is better. It's raining like crazy here today.

Yesterday was burn circuit 2. Today is cardio. I am sticking to Chalene and doing her burn intervals.

Good morning, Y'All!

Welcome, Kims. Glad you decided to join us.

I was plowing along very well. I have lost 6 lbs. since I started. However, Monday, I was exhausted all day. I have no idea why, but I just get days like that sometimes. I did an old Firm Tuesday, and Wednesday I did Basic Step. DH and I were away Wednesday night and yesterday on business, so I didn't manage to do anything yesterday. It was pretty busy. I am fighting the tiredness again, but I will do something today, even if it is ballet stretching.

Thanks, Joan, for the idea about the 2 lbs. Sounds very sensible to me. Losing the weight has its challenges for sure, but keeping it off is harder, I think.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Hi, Y'All!

I actually did a workout today! I had to talk myself into it, but I did FitPrime Lean. I, like you, Jann, decided to do things that are short and sweet. Things that I like and know and that have worked for me before. In 2006, I had gotten down to a size 8 and stayed there for a long time, plus I was at my healthiest in a long time. I did a lot of Cathe's cardio workouts and added FitPrime and KickButt workouts to the mix. Think I'm going to try that again, but add more of Cathe's workouts the farther along I get.

Magnolia

This has been one of 'those' weeks. Barely managed to get to the gym once during the week, but I'm gonna go this afternoon.
I do strength there but if I don't make it happen at home, dvds, I get no cardio. I need cardio.
I need endorphins.:D I need more cardio to budge off fluid retention and all that stuff.

I'll take the dog for a longer walk today so I can get some extra movement in and wear her out. The weather has not been walking friendly for a few weeks and I think she needs endorphins too!:p

I like Magnolia's idea too. Very much. Why would I NOT do workouts that make me feel good and smile, inside and out....???? I don't know. :confused: But I'm sure gonna try harder.:D

Hi ya fifties+

I did burn circuit 3 today, added in 15 minutes of treadmill.

Kims I have found walking my dog has added a little extra also. I live in central Maryland. Today was a GREAT day for a walk. The wind is picking up and the temp is going down now. We got back just in time.

I am a weight gal! I have a terrible time adding cardio. Lifting is so much easier than cardio any cardio. :confused: My favorite workouts are circuit.

It's Sunday the last Sunday in January... too fast, just too fast!!

I did fat burn challenge and 10 minutes of recharge. I am hoping for some good news tomorrow when I measure!! :p

Hi, Y'All!

I did Basic Step and the Stability Ball Abs workout on that same disc this morning. It was a real struggle to get started, but I'm glad I made myself do it. I am afraid that if I stop now, I'll give up, and I can't let that happen!! I had a few instances of giving in on my food last week--not very many--but enough to make me aware that I have to be a more conscious in restaurants.

Magnolia

Magnolia, I hear ya on the food thing. I get soooooo dang mad at myself when I don't stay focused and have too many treats.
Hello!!! I have a goal here!!! And I can't workout long enough or hard enough to make up for going nuts on treats!!
I'm such an instant gratification person. I've just started realizing this so, hopefully, with this self knowledge, I'll work harder towards my goal. Lose 20lbs.
I do really well with keeping myself in check on other things such as spending money, cleaning, etc but I need to keep a check on myself on the grubbage :p

I still have a lovely :eek: headache today so my happy hind-end is parked on the couch after work trying to feel better.

Tomorrow is a gym day. I'm gonna start talking myself into going and kickin' it as of now. By tomorrow, I should have myself all talked up and motivated ;)

Have a groovy (dont'cha love that vintage word ;)) Monday night!

:D -- Kims are you from California? :D too funny. Yeah, I like groovy!

I thought I had posted today. Man, forgetfulness, it's a sign, right?? :rolleyes:

Burn circuit 1 and abs. My eating has been good for 1 week. Lost .5 on my waist - yay!! Down a bit on the scale.

Magnolia size 8 :D:D --- oh I can only dream. My goal pant size is 10. That's were I think my butt likes to be. :p:p

Hi, Y'All!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOAN!!!!! :D Hope you have a spectacular day!

I love that word "grubbage"!! :D Did you just come up with that? Fantastic! ;)

Jann, I don't know if I will ever actually be a size 8 again, but I'm trying. I believe that you should aim for the highest (or in this case, the lowest) and settle for the closest you can get without harming yourself.

I did FitPrime Lower Body Burn this morning. Still having to fight myself to get started, but I think after a while it will be easier. At some point, I usually begin to look forward to the workouts and enjoy them. Right now, I am still struggling.

Hi, Beth and Cathy!

Magnolia

Here's to everyday getting easier to stay with it Magnolia!
goodluck2.gif

I actually worked in my yard today for cardio. I pulled weeds cut back dead plants and cleaned my shed. I plan to walk Reggie here in a bit. -- It's cardio day and that's the best I could do. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.