50 and over January check in

Cathe - guess I am out of the loop on the workout calendar. So we are not supposed to load the workout onto our calendar or just not put in that we did the workouts yet? I will be glad when its fixed.

On My Fitness Pal, they have a free site. If they have a upgrade, I am unaware of it. I could see absolutely no reason to upgrade if there is one. Its worth checking out the site. It is super easy to use. I have been on sites before that did not have the foods that I ate but this one is super good. It even had my Karma Chow chowery corn soup listed.
sheila

I got home a little while ago. It was like Christmas with a present waiting for me. Xtrain. Why am I a little afraid?

A punching bag purchase may be worth it. I was complaining about my joints with the other boxing dvd and my brother said it would be better hitting the bag. I forgot why, but it seemed logical at the time.

Is it safe to put in the schedule yet? I'm ready to get started.

I was happy with my eating on vacation but I am still afraid to weigh in . I might wait until Sunday.

Joan

Welcome home Joan!!! I don't think the cards are ready yet. :( SNM seem to working hard on getting them done.
You can enter the 1rm's for xtrain though. :) except for 1090

Jann was the info about onions you read on FB? I saw one the other day that mentioned you could place a slice in everyone room when someone was sick and it would collect all the nasty stuff and turn black. I would really like to find it again and reread it as it had some rather scary sounding info on using leftover onions. If you find it definitely post a link here.

I was gone shopping all morning, so now I have to finish putting away a few things and clean house. Going to attempt to visit my Grandmother tonight. She's 92 and still lives alone. Shouldn't, but that's another story. She tends to have her days and nights mixed up, so I'm hoping she's awake. Otherwise I have to go bang on her bedroom window to wake her up. That's what she tells people to do if she's not up.
I did read something about putting onions out on FB. I looked and looked I can't remember where I read about colds and onions, I thought it was Dr Oz.
I hope you enjoyed your visit with your grandmother. That is really wonderful.

This morning was Legs and I did the premix with the barre, ball and floor. Didn't have time for rear delts, so I'll add them tomorrow. Was surprised to see in the premixes that there isn't one with just the rear delts. Is it my imagination or are there no leg workouts with heavy weights in this series. Cardio legs doesn't have them and neither does the standing portion of the Legs disk.

How do you all feel about the background scene for this series. Have to admit it's like my least favorite ever, but then I'm a small town city/country girl so it really doesn't do anything for me.

SNM posted somewhere to not yet load in the rotations, but I saw it after I already had done it and that was days ago, so it may be fine by now. And it loaded in without a problem, it just may not completely match the book. At least my version.

Anyone wants to find me on FB it's Cathy Gidner-Worthington.

Derek's team won 25-10 and after the first quarter played pretty well. For 4th-5th graders. ;) It's certainly entertaining! At Nick's age (8th grade) their abilities are so much better that they lose that cute factor.

Hello Everyone.

Today is my rest day also. My week will go from Sunday thru Friday not Monday thru Saturday for 30 Day rotation. Saturdays is my fun day. I thought about going to Canton (MI) to IKEA but decided not to. Love SteinMart but the nearest one is in Kalamazoo (just one hour away).
Facebook. On there as well. I'm friends with Cathe Frederick on there. She posts to my threads once in awhile. My profile is blocked for privacy so I would have to friend request you all.
Cathy-It interests me if the background is NYC or Philly. Born/raised in metro Detroit so I find city life fun.

JT I was wondering about the back ground to xtrain also. It's looks like Manhattan to me but I could be wrong. I use to live in Queens NY and worked in Manhattan and the back ground reminded me of the lower west side :confused: I wish is was brighter.

Jann I love shopping and I'm starting tomorrow also.:eek:

Cathy I am fb Robin Daniels-Jacobs. Anyone can friend me.

Hi Joan good going with the vaca eats. I know that is hard to do.

Today I did a premix from Cross Fire. I was thinking I can substitute some of the xtrain cardio for cross fire and to the max.

Last edited:
I still have my Cher workouts!! I am big fan of hers. I went to see her in concert and still smile when I think about it. :D
I didn't know about the step... sounds groovy! :p

I use to do the Cher step workouts. It was so funny when she would sing her own songs.:p

Wow the Cher workouts! I had a couple of them and actually liked them. I love Cher and everything she does. I do believe one of her step workouts she actually works out in black lingerie! Only she could do that.

I am starting the 90 rotation tomorrow. I will need to move around a couple of the workouts to better fit my schedule. But will make sure I get all 6 in every week. Very excited to start.

Today was plyo legs then ran 2 miles then walked the dog 3 miles. My legs are done in. Glad xtrain starts with upper body!

Cathe - congrats on Derek's team win. Team sports are an excellent way to build self esteem.

today was our xmas / mom's 80th birthday. It was a blast. I did not work out at all today. I will hit it hard tomorrow.

I have a dilemma about whether to friend all of you on FB. My sister does not know that I am doing these workouts. She is coming in from California in July and I want to surprise her with how I look. Of course she is on FB. She would probably find out. HMMMMM. Dilemma.
sheila

Hi all -- Shopping was fun today. I did a lot of walking!

I don't remember if Cathe ever mentioned what the back round was going to be for this series. I can not tell what it is.

Cathy I miss sports with my boys! I actually went through with draw when they stopped playing in college. :p I babysat my granddaughter tonight she is 15.5 months so I have been running after her all evening.

Sheila -- I understand about facebook.
I belong to a cathe group as well.

Lori -- I am such a fan of Cher's! I have the workout where she workout's in -- it's a blast.

I am really excited about this rotation. I needed this kick in the butt!!

I can't get calendar to print. They say to go to tools-internet options-advanced and I can do that. I don't have print as an option to check background colors and images. If I can't print the calendar I don't know if I can print the workout cards. Although I could for STS.

I am getting everything set up tonight.

I was able to print my calendar. I just went to the upper right corner of my computer and clicked on my "tool" star.
Next I clicked on "print"
Under print it gives me three options (print, print preview and page setup) and I clicked on "page setup"
On the screen that pops up, the option of printing the background stuff. is right there in the middle of the box.
hope this helps
sheila

Thanks Sheila, it worked. I wish they would go back to using words for the rotation instead of dvd covers. I still can't tell what wo from the calendar.

Joan

Joan I have the downloaded copy of the book. It has the rotation in it. I can send any of the rotations to you, if you would like. PM your email address if you want the rotations or if any of you would like the rotations. It look just like the book pages. It will get you started. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.