4DS HIS - I did it! I did it!

wennell_dennell

Hi all,

I've been working with 4DS for a while now, but staggering cardio and weights, and quite honestly, I avoided the step workouts entirely...I love the Boot Camp and Kickbox, so have mainly been sticking to them.

But tonight I threw caution to the wind and did the full HIS for the first time - and pretty much got it right away! I'm not saying it was always pretty, but I did it :)

I always forget how much fun step can be until I do it out of the blue after a long hiatus....so tomorrow is 4DS LIS, which I did do a couple of time a few months ago, so I have high hopes...

Just had to share!

Way to go! That is one of my favorite Cathe step workouts. I definitely didn't get everything on the first try, but once I got it, I really loved it. I love the music, too.

Yeah! I love both the step workouts in 4DS...they are short, get the job done and are fun! I especially love the warm up in LIS for fun factor but love both workouts.

Congrats to you!

Jo

Hoorah!

Great job. 4DS HIS step took me several tries, especially that third section. But once I get a Cathe step workout down, I can really let loose. I also really enjoy the music. Now that feeling of accomplishment is relived whenever I reach for that workout. Congrats and happy holidays!

Fantastic--congratulations! I just got 4DS and haven't tried it yet. Everybody really seems to like these. Looks like a good new challenge for the new year. Thanks to everyone for the inspiration. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
~michelle

Congrats on HIS!!! I like the premix that is the combo of HIS and LIS cardio together. Then I do KB and BC together as well from 4DS.
Have you tried Low Max yet? Great workout and great routine.

Hey Jennifer,

I have done LowMax a couple of times...I confess I'm not a cardio junkie at all, so 30-40 minutes is usually my max for 'workouts'...I love lifting, and put me on a bike or hiking or something along those lines and I can go for hours, but even with Cathe I have a threshold when it comes to 'structured' workouts! That's part of the reason I love 4DS so much - short and efficient cardio workouts. I love short bursts of intense cardio for training, which allow me to do fun recreational steady state for ages without getting fatigued!

Cheers,
Jennifer (in Newfoundland!)

I loooove this step workout! Whenever I don't want to workout but know I need to, I reach for this. It took a while to master, but it's FUN!

Hi all,

I've been working with 4DS for a while now, but staggering cardio and weights, and quite honestly, I avoided the step workouts entirely...I love the Boot Camp and Kickbox, so have mainly been sticking to them.

But tonight I threw caution to the wind and did the full HIS for the first time - and pretty much got it right away! I'm not saying it was always pretty, but I did it :)

I always forget how much fun step can be until I do it out of the blue after a long hiatus....so tomorrow is 4DS LIS, which I did do a couple of time a few months ago, so I have high hopes...

Just had to share!

I love High Intensity Step. It is my favorite of the 4-Day Split workouts.

Boot Camp is the cardio that really intimidates me. Gosh, it is so good in a scary way!

This one came in the mail yesterday. I did the all step premix this morning. LIS went pretty well. HIS was not too bad, but I'm pretty sure I completely jacked up the last combo. I was all jumbled on that one!!! I had to watch the 1st one of each blast, but then did ok on those. That last combo's going to take some time. Other than that, I did ok.

Nan

This one came in the mail yesterday. I did the all step premix this morning. LIS went pretty well. HIS was not too bad, but I'm pretty sure I completely jacked up the last combo. I was all jumbled on that one!!! I had to watch the 1st one of each blast, but then did ok on those. That last combo's going to take some time. Other than that, I did ok.

Nan

Nan, it took me awhile to learn combo 3. But once I did, I loved it. It's now my favorite combo.

After watching the routine yesterday, I just tried 4DS HIS for the first time. I just did the cardio and went through the routine twice. I got the first and second cardios down, but that 3rd one is going to take a little work. Love the music on this step routine--the time really flies by. I definitely think this one will be lots of fun once I get the choreography. I can understand why everyone likes it.

Now, the weight work looks like a different story. I can safely say, I won't be putting 62 pounds on my barbell! I figure with all those pushups, I'll be lucky to get through the weight work just using my "normal" weight amounts.

Good for you!!!

I am stil tripping over my feet in the 3rd section!!!! I plan to watch it again tonight to kinda try to memorize part 3. But otherwise I love it
ellie

Another day of 4DS. I'm getting the step part down pretty good. In fact, I like it so much that I did it twice today. The I moved on the the back and chest portion of the workout. I just didn't feel like I was in the groove on this part of the workout. I'm not sure why, but I just felt like I was off kilter. Maybe because it was the first time I had done this portion of the workout. I didn't go heavy with the weights, but just stayed with my normal lifting amounts so I could concentrate on the moves. It still didn't feel quite right to me. Maybe it is the tempo of this part of the workout. Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks,
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.