40's Week of Oct 2

Hi girls, I really should be working, but I'm goofing off, I worked at home last couple of days since boss is out and no one else showed up Monday on my team (and here I was there with swollen eyes from crying about DS).

I did TF 60 min, I love that music in that one and just what i needed to lift my spirits.

Instead of personals, want to comment on a couple topics.

DS: thanks for all the prayers. I'm doing better and I'm hopeful that DS will agree to the dr. DH and I plan to go see him (take him out to eat---you can never feed a college kid too much) and try to nonchalantly bring it up. I don't want him to feel pressured, but want him to know there is help. He thinks the only course of action would be a shrink and he doesn't want that, but I know this dr I saw is good and I think meds may help ease the overwhelming feelings he must have. Read that over-achieving teens are more likely for depression and he is a classic over achiever.

Work: Ronne is slow and here they are trying to contain costs again, so I have to take 5 furlough days between now and Dec 2nd. Uh, why couldn't that time have included the Christmas season? Oh yea, because they know a lot will take off anyway.

Hair: I've been trying to coax out my curls and found some info online and a new product Devacurl. I think it might be like the Wen line? No sulfates? Is that what Wen is about? I'm amazed at when using the right product and air drying (NOT touching during drying process) how curly it gets. And my hair feels better than when I washed yesterday with my normal sulfate shampoo. I'm jealous of what Mary can do with her curls! My hair is so thin :( (blame bald dad on this). Anyway, this girl at work said my hair looks messy and needs brushed. You don't brush curly hair else you get frizz. Now I have a complex, should I stay with curly or go back to blowing it dry straight. I'm attaching some pics from this morning (using the same technique and curly hair type products, but not the high end one I just bought....seeing what works and I think this turned out the same as the high end line).

Jody, yes, done with Meso1, I'm going to do circuits for a couple weeks and then start Meso2. I don't do well going right into Meso2, I need a break else I get bored.

So here's the pics, let me know you true opinion. Ignore the bald spots, I HATE my thin hair and I've covered as well as I can (again I am jealous of thick curlies...that's you, right Mary?)

Attachments

• Photo on 2011-10-05 at 09.04.jpg
    Photo on 2011-10-05 at 09.04.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo on 2011-10-05 at 09.04 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2011-10-05 at 09.04 #2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo on 2011-10-05 at 09.04 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2011-10-05 at 09.04 #3.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo on 2011-10-05 at 09.05.jpg
    Photo on 2011-10-05 at 09.05.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 4
now that I look at the photos, I think the devacurl product did better which I'm posting. Still though, is it really a mess as this girl at work says?

P.S. don't look at my eyes, they were puffy from crying the previous night :(

Attachments

• devaday.jpg
    devaday.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 3
I like all the pictures, but if I had to pick, I think I like the Devacurl the most.

BTW, tell your hairstylist co-worker to mind her business. Your hair on your head is your business. As long as you like it (and you can let DH have a little input too) that is all that matters. If she does not like it, she can look away or get to work.

Okay, maybe I need to go eat lunch, I might be getting a little crabby. ????

Murphy

Murphy, your post cracked me up! I agree with your observations. I think this girl will stop telling me stuff because I think she knows she gets on my nerves with it, and I need to learn not to ask her for her opinion. I really thought it looked good with the devacurl and was so excited and she was the only one at work to ask. Big mistake! I need to eat lunch too, played too much and then got slammed with work and here it is almost 2 and I haven't eaten!

Hi girls! Lisa, I think your hair looks great! Maybe she thinks she is offering constructive criticism? Maybe you could offer her some and give her a taste of her own medicine?! People make me crazy! My curls make me crazy, I dream of straight hair. When I took DD back to the salon asking where her curl went, they just said "that's weird". I asked if they could make it happen for me? Murphy, do you like pilates? I have tried it, makes me numb. Jody, sounds like I might have to try some Wen. I was looking at ouidad products. I have tried devacurl, I just had to use so much product it cost me a fortune! My hair is long and curly! If there is ANY humidity it turns into a bush! Most times I tie it down. Ronne, if you find a money tree let me know where! Roxie, thank you for the weather! Finally 70 and sunny! I need to get my w/o in! Have to go finish my 4 th grade homework and then get to grading my student's papers! Talk to you later, Mary

Murphy, forgot to say DH is cool with it. Although he laughs at me when I have clips in my hair when it dries to try to get volume at the roots.

Mary, we always want what we don't have. I sent you an email with a link to my dropbox again -- I have a curly hair guide in there now. My skin and hair do miss the humidity. Can you give me some of your hair, surely you can spare some :p

I haven't watched anymore clips but have seen pics of the cycling dvd on facebook, I'm ready for those workouts!

I want a money tree too!

Good Evening,

DD and I went for a 4 mile walk and my shins hurt again. I will do KBXing after supper.

Lisa-I would kill for curly hair I usually have to get a perm my hair is straight as a board.

I like all the pics and both styles. The devacurl is more smooth and the other one is more tousled. I think the problem is the co worker, not the hair. Don't go to the hardware store for bread. haha.

I have super straight hair that won't generally hold any curl at all w/o product and styling. I finally stopped trying to make it have curls when I had babies. Now I only do it if I have a dance show or something. But you should see my high school grad pic...I have a stupid cow udder curl, different sizes, on each side of my face. ::shakes head::
I am happy to be able to comb it out now. Lisa, I have two friends who deal w/ thin spots in hair. It really stresses them out a lot, but all I see is the beautiful friend who dresses so cute, or is so fit, or brings such love and light everywhere they go, or some other wonderful quality.

Wed's kick my ass. I did GS Shoulders, so I am behind on biceps.

Student came in today for tutoring--had been sick w/ fever for days and was still hovering around 101. I'm putting myself in a pink bubble of strong immune system light.

tired, nite all

Last edited:
hey all. i had a pissy day at work yesterday afternoon and did not want to get up and do anything this morning. we have had a new big cheese for almost a year and he keeps changing the rules but not notifying us. so, when we do things the old when he "gives us a talking to" and ruins the rest of your day. how am I supposed to know there is a new procedure if you don't tell me? on the upside, others have said this to so I know i am not crazy. it really is him and not me!

Morning girls! I am procrastinating...again. Last night did PS legs again, went heavier. Today will do CS&T. Ronne, hope you are feeling better. Colds are just no fun. Really take it out of you, but we have to keep going! Jody, don't get sick! One of my students was sick also, I kept backing away from her! Didn't want to give her a complex tho! Lisa, how's the hair? Thanks for the link, SIL had bought that one for DD and I. It is a good one! Thanks for thinking of me! How is DS? He is in my prayers. Murphy, don't you love when they change the rules and don't share? Sounds like he is playing a game all by himself. Roxie, did you do 4 miles again? How is your boss? Well, I think I have delayed long enough! Have a good Thurs. Mary

Hi everyone

Wow, it's been busy here. Not sure if I can remember everything but I'll give it a go.

Lisa - I like the first lot of pics but there's not a lot of difference. Ignore your colleague - she's an idiot :D I also have curly hair which misbehaves all the time. I used to want it straight but so many people have told me how much they envy my hair that I've realised it's a good thing. It's fine like yours but there's loads of it. I'm the sort of person who can go for a walk on a windy day and my hair looks just the same at the end of it - I guess that's an advantage!!!:p

Mary - I didn't realise you were a curly girl too! I did PS Legs today as well but didn't go heavy :eek: I do the floorwork with ankle weights as I don't have a weighted bar thing.

Murphy - that's what bosses were invented for - to be a massive pain in the backside otherwise work might actually get done ;)

Jody - resist the bugs!!

So, I cleaned the bathroom because I had no work to do. :confused: Might as well do some housework I guess. Off to look at another school for DD this evening. She leaves primary school this year - my baby!!!

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is KCM's Plyo Blast and some abs. Legs are shaking from yesterdays workouts.

Mary-boss has the bug again its called c-dif inflammation of the gut and bowel so he comes to work and then leaves. Yes we did another 4 miles last night nothing today which is a good thing my shins just don't like it had to stop once last night they hurt so bad.

I did HIIT 30/30 (I like that one), and added on the 12 min Intensity Bootcamp PM. At one point Cathe said "I'm not that mean" and I yelled back "yes you are!" :)

Murphy, that's why they are bosses, they couldn't do anything else and still suck at being a boss! :p

Jody, I thought you might look good in a plastic bubble so you don't get sick from others :)

Roxie, I assume your shoes are good? the other thing that Cathe says helps with shin splints is to that exercise called tibalis anterior (or something like that), take the stability ball, press it against the toes while pulling back on the toes.

Ronne, sounds like your hair is to die for. I did notice the devacurl didn't "hold" the curls up as long all day, will see how today goes. I've decided I'm going curly, my hair feels much better. So I'm throwing out all my sulfate shampoos, it just dries it out too much especially here in dry CO.

Mary, so you had that book already? Geez, what rock have I been hiding under? I'm amazed at how much my hair does curl, I'm just now finding it out (only took me 47 yrs). My Mom always used to say when I was a teen in humid FL how my hair had nice curl, and what did I do? blew it straight and then set it on hot rollars!

gotta get to work, sigh, it was nice working from home, got the dishes done and dinner made and still felt like I had energy, DH liked that he didn't have to help with any kitchen duty :)

Mary, was thinking of hair, still, I know you had that book already, but I've been reading up on things on the naturallycurly.com boards (not for your hair type but for mine). Anyway, are you using a sulfate free shampoo? or co-washing? I can only imagine how expensive devacurl was for you with all your hair. anyway, a cheaper sulfate free that they talk about is L'oreal sulfate free shampoo---everpure, and suave naturals coconut conditioner. I can't co-wash with my fine hair (I could almost have gotten away with just fluffing this morning, until I sweated up a storm). Just thought I'd share those products in case you were interested and the website. I think I may read more on that site today after finishing that stupid nora roberts book (turns out work is slow today,, of course it's slow on the day I have to be in the office, grrrr)

Also, I lost another pound, yea me! I REALLY had to turn away from the chocolate aisle this weekend, really wanted some but DH said I would be sorry. No just 3 more and I'll be happy enough (but of course then I'll want to try for another 5.....)

lisa - glad to hear that you lost a pound. i think i
found it! I will gladly give it back plus some of his friends. :)

I did some more pilates. Someone asked how I like pilates and it is okay. I don't do it very often b/c Cathe does not do it very often. I usually only do it when I don't feel like doing anything. Actually, all of the stuff I am doing now is stuff I usually do when I don't feel like exercising. I hope to get my basement back by the end of next week. DD is coming over to help DH finish up a few things. I hope that will pave the way for me to get done what I need to get done in the basement, i.e., get my "home gym" back together.

Lisa - thanks for the pounds but I am good. I have plenty to keep me warm for the winter and then some.

Have a great weekend and Columbus Day holiday everyone. Ronne - do you celebrate anything on Monday?

Murphy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.