40s - week of 10/16/11

Good Evening,

Tonite I did 4DS Kickboxing Cardio Only didn't do extra ab work there is enough in this workout.

Stats:
34 min
22 in the zone
135 min hr
171 max hr
216 cals burned.

Hello!

Lisa - I didn't know that either about soy milk. I'll look out for that. Although the only time I've tasted it, it was horrible! I also think red hair and freckles is lovely! But we always want what we don't have, don't we? You need to find something to cheer you up, a glass of wine, book a holiday?

Mary - aren't you still young to be getting hot? :confused: I quite like your fantasy garden as well, I'll try and imagine that in future!

Roxie - you made me laugh with your comment about DH! Do you walk all through the winter? Or is there a point when you give up?

Today I did Split Sessions, full body premix, as a sub. Just went out for lunch with a friend. Had a good catch-up. It's so nice to see friends.

Good Morning,

Boss and I went for our walk this morning it was 30 degrees freezing and then I came home and did Cindy Whitmarsh 6 Pack Abs.

Ronne-this is the first year I have ever walked this much and 30 degrees is really to cold for me but when someone else is counting on you what can you do. DD and I said we would stop walking when it snowed or iced for the first time.

Morning! Did PUB this am. Arms are a little tired! Roxie, you guys are really cold all ready! The lowest we have been so far is in the 40's. How's the new truck? Is he happy now? I wonder what he will want next? If he is anything like mine, he's like a rabid dog till he gets what he wants! Ronne, I have been wNting to get Split Sessions. Not this week tho, I just went on the Athleta website and bought some clothes! I need to stop spending! No, I am not to old apparently, had lab work last year, I am in menopause. Am I an old lady?! Lisa, how is everything going? Hi to Jody &Murphy! DD made her school's basketball team, I am so excited for her! She tried out last year and didn't make it, she was so determined and she did it! Happy day here! Mary

Morning! Did PUB this am. Arms are a little tired! Roxie, you guys are really cold all ready! The lowest we have been so far is in the 40's. How's the new truck? Is he happy now? I wonder what he will want next? If he is anything like mine, he's like a rabid dog till he gets what he wants! Ronne, I have been wNting to get Split Sessions. Not this week tho, I just went on the Athleta website and bought some clothes! I need to stop spending! No, I am not to old apparently, had lab work last year, I am in menopause. Am I an old lady?! Lisa, how is everything going? Hi to Jody &Murphy! DD made her school's basketball team, I am so excited for her! She tried out last year and didn't make it, she was so determined and she did it! Happy day here! Mary

Mary-next he will want a boat but I will need a new vehicle before we need one of those.

Rest day for me! Finally slept past 3:30am! Felt like allergies in my throat last night so took a Benadryl, AH, nightie night then for me!

Ronne, funny you mention booking a holiday.....I've been emailing with my sister in FL and I think I'm going to fly down there and she can help me shop for a gown for DS22's wedding in May, and if I can use my United credit it will help with airfare cost. I really don't like shopping (especially for a gown) so it will be good to have her help. Thank goodness I've lost almost 10 lbs, now if I can keep it up and either not gain any between now and May or even lose 5 more!

Mary, they say it can take 2 wks to feel the difference for DS, and 2 months at full effect. Since he exercises (he's doing insanity) should be quicker. Doc explained how seratonin is needed to make melatonin to sleep and you need to sleep to make seratonin.....I think I need me some of these pills during my hormonal not sleeping time. CONGRATS to you DD! That's awesome, I bet she is so happy!

Yes, soy milk has estrogen, that's one reason why lots of women avoid it, my GF does because her sis had breast cancer at around age 50 and my GF has had lumps. That's about all I know of it. I like almond milk better, but I need the protein (and some estrogen) in the soy. I really should go for a mammo but I do not like doing it....they always THINK they see something then I have to get closer views or ultrasound and then it turns out to be nothing. The stress of worrying wrecks havok on me during the time they THINK they see something. I have no history in my family, but that doesn't always mean anything....

Jody, are you buried in statistics?

Murphy, how's the workouts going?

Roxie, it's been down to 32 here. I always used to go out in the cold and snow and wind walking the dog, it was easier because I did it for her (she loved her walks). Thankfully I could do it during the middle of the day. Would doing it after work be better now that it's getting colder? I'm not really ready for the winter this year.

Rest day for me! Finally slept past 3:30am! Felt like allergies in my throat last night so took a Benadryl, AH, nightie night then for me!

Ronne, funny you mention booking a holiday.....I've been emailing with my sister in FL and I think I'm going to fly down there and she can help me shop for a gown for DS22's wedding in May, and if I can use my United credit it will help with airfare cost. I really don't like shopping (especially for a gown) so it will be good to have her help. Thank goodness I've lost almost 10 lbs, now if I can keep it up and either not gain any between now and May or even lose 5 more!

Mary, they say it can take 2 wks to feel the difference for DS, and 2 months at full effect. Since he exercises (he's doing insanity) should be quicker. Doc explained how seratonin is needed to make melatonin to sleep and you need to sleep to make seratonin.....I think I need me some of these pills during my hormonal not sleeping time. CONGRATS to you DD! That's awesome, I bet she is so happy!

Yes, soy milk has estrogen, that's one reason why lots of women avoid it, my GF does because her sis had breast cancer at around age 50 and my GF has had lumps. That's about all I know of it. I like almond milk better, but I need the protein (and some estrogen) in the soy. I really should go for a mammo but I do not like doing it....they always THINK they see something then I have to get closer views or ultrasound and then it turns out to be nothing. The stress of worrying wrecks havok on me during the time they THINK they see something. I have no history in my family, but that doesn't always mean anything....

Jody, are you buried in statistics?

Murphy, how's the workouts going?

Roxie, it's been down to 32 here. I always used to go out in the cold and snow and wind walking the dog, it was easier because I did it for her (she loved her walks). Thankfully I could do it during the middle of the day. Would doing it after work be better now that it's getting colder? I'm not really ready for the winter this year.

Lisa-I would love to walk in the evening but it gets dark here around 6 and dd and boss like to walk in the mornings, I would rather do the TM or a workout dvd.

Good Evening,

I didn't really feel like working out so couldn't decide what to do ended up doing the original LIS.

Stats:
37 min
32 in the zone
136 min hr
164 max hr
236 cals burned.

Roxie, what are you using to calculate your stats? I love seeing the numbers but I'm so cheap when it comes to buying gadgets.

Hi everyone

Lisa - that sounds like a great plan! I also didn't know about that seratonin/melatonin thing. Hope it works for DS.
My Pulsar HR monitor produces the same kind of stats as Roxie. It was £45 from Amazon, probably cheaper for you.

Mary - congrats to your DD, that's great news. I have a feeling menopause might be creeping up on me soon :mad: Do you get night sweats and things like that?

Well, it's my birthday today - 45! For some reason though, I prefer odd numbers to even so I'm feeling OK! Had a crap workout tho! Started doing an Amy Bento step which I normally love but just got bored. So did about 30 mins and some abs and called it a day. That never really happens. I had a bad night's sleep last night so that might have been why.
A friend came round this morning for coffee and she bought me some new workout gear!! Hurray - I'll be able to use it with the new DVDs when they arrive.
DH is cooking a special dinner for us tonight and we're having a bottle of fizz. Then tomorrow morning we're off to Wales, so I'll see you all in a week or so.

Morning, well I am a little heartbroken this morning. DD made the first cut for basketball, she didn't realize that there would be another round of cuts, she sent me a text this morning and she didn't make it. She was so excited. I just don't want this to scare her off from trying out for things in the future. I don't want her to be defeated. Anyway, still have to get a workout in. Ronne, enjoy your trip! We'll talk about menopause when you get back! Roxie, still cold by you? Still raining here! Lisa, how is work? Hi to all that follow, Mary

Good Morning,

Went for a walk again this morning and it was 30 degrees again, I think its suppose to be warmer tonite but I am not walking with any one in the morning. Tonite will be KCM Circuit Burn, I wanted to do C&W but just to tired for that.

Lisa-DH bought me a Polar F4 HR monitor at Target a couple of years ago.

Mary-sorry to hear DD didn't make it.

Ronne-HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have fun on your trip.

I did HR LB PM and STS TB LB PM today. Not a happy camper here at work, I'm the ONLY one on my team in the office again! I'm not sure why these people think they can work from home since the whole point of setting up this office was to have collaberation. Otherwise, they could just offshore back to India again. The most creative excuse yet....you ready? My team lead hasn't been in the office since Wed, then today she says "
I am working from home today and thru middle of next week. I am waiting for my new tires to come in since they don't have any at the shop."

WOW, didn't know there was a tire shortage! So much for her brand new expensive Mercedes.

Mary, I'm so sorry about DD, same thing happened to my younest DS. But at least he knew there was another cut. He just couldn't compete because he is only 5' 9" and our basketball team is really good. He didn't try out the next year. It's just another thing you get to parent them through. Parenting is tough work!

It's all set, I'm going to FL 12/1 - 12/8. can't wait. Poor DH, I feel bad leaving him (and using his $150 credit from United).

Roxie, that HR monitor always sounded cool to me, but I would get lazy at putting it on. Plus I'm blasting through the money lately (still).

Waves to Jody and Murphy.

Aw, Mary, I'm sorry. That's a bummer.

I hope to report back soon w/ something that resembles a workout soon. At least I've eaten lots of fruits and veggies lately.

Hi to all. Oh, got a high D very nearly a C on my test I took last week. ::shakes head:: I think I will do better on next one.

Jody, did you get a tutor? I know when I took it I had to get one and it helped a lot. They should offer it, and it should be free. Ask in the learning center. Sending you good thoughts! Mary

Good Morning,

DD and I are going for a 4 mile walk this morning and then I will do Circuit Blast since I was to tired to do it last night.

Lisa, forgot to tell you, Patrick Goudeua (spelling?) has a free app. It has 4or 5 workouts and the best part...they are FREE! Anyway, I thought it might be good for your iPad! Mary

DD and I went for a 2 mile walk and then I came home and did Circuit Burn. I want to do abs later but we will see.

Lisa-here are some stats for you.

Walk 2 Miles:
32 min
20 in the zone
146 min hr
173 max hr
231 cals burned.

Circuit:
33 min
15 in the zone
150 min hr
177 max hr
246 cals burned.

Back again! Did the original Get Ripped, Roxie, you have been busy all ready! Well, need to get to the shower and start my day! Hope everyone has a good weekend. We should have our new dvd's very soon! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.