40 & over checkin - week of 8/31

Hi all ! I'll try to make this short and sweet today. I did BM2 upper body premix. I'm doing much better on the side planks but still can't do the one where you balance.

Vilma, Hope you get the much needed rest!

Kathryn, Hope you feel better soon. I'm in the same boat as you with the finally ready for bathing suit season and here it is fall (it's been 60s here and tommorrow it's going to be in the 50s).

Rhondalyn, today's your special day, hope you enjoy and don't eat too much cake!

Murphy, hang in there with the kiddos, unfortunately uninterrupted sleep may be a ways away...you'll survive because you are a strong woman!

Andrea, I think I may do some Jari Love's in this next rotation, I'm thinking of doing Cathe's sept 08 rotation and I will sub Jari for her total body workouts since I don't have all of them. It might be a nice change of pace.

Have a great day everyone....I'm off to shop for a shirt with sleeves that fits since everything is too big for me now and it's going to be cold at the funeral tommorrow! Darn, I was hoping to show off my arms that are getting nicely toned. The weather isn't cooperating.....

Happy Birthday Rhonda - Hope you have a great Day!

and now back to our regular program :p

Would you all believe that even though I went to bed at a decent hour last night I still woke up late and still tired!? Crazy and I know its due to AF coming by for her visit soon.

I did what I did yesterday which worked good for me....after I dropped off my younger two at school I came back home had my usual breakfast consisting of oatmeal w/BSN took all my vitamins and slept for an hour before I was able to tackle my workout today.

Its so unusual for me to take a nap but these past two days my body has been needing it.

Anyhoo I did ME abs & iTread 11 40m.

Its been a long while since I've done an iTread and boy was I drenched - I put in more miles and go faster w/ Grace.

I had some unsweetened applesauce and 2 soft boiled eggs as a post workout meal I'm all out of protein powder :(

Lisa Congrats on the job ;)

Kathryn I hope you get to feeling better soon....it's only a matter of time before the kids start coming home with cold germs since school has started here -ugh

Have you tried getting some Zinc tablets I hear they are good to ward off cold germs.

Murph I laughed when you mentioned when your DD is 40 you'll catch up on sleep --- It will get better - hang in there !

Have a great Day Everyone!!

picture.php

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the encouraging words. DD slept through the night last, of course DH slept on the floor in their room, but I got some slesp - and of course that is what really matters. :) Anyway, it felt good to rest but I am not going to get too excited, don't want to jinx it. Well, it's day two of 4DS - LIS. I am saving HIS for last. I have never done it (being step challenged and all) what are your thoughts?

Murph

I'm back! I just got back from Kohls trying to find a long sleeved shirt for tomorrow that goes with black. Anyhoo....I got 8 shirts and a pair of pants for $100 ! wowsa! All but the pants and one shirt (the one I need for tomorrow) were on sale for only $8!

Vilma, listen to your body it needs the rest. I know what you mean about it being not normal for you to nap, I don't either, but when I end up napping then I just figure the ole bod needed it.

Murphy, so glad you got some sleep. good luck with HIS...I'm actually starting to like that one better than LIS now. Once you get it it's fun but it does take a while. My problem is I can't remember it if I haven't done it for a while, I feel like I'm getting more forgetful.

Gotta go try on my clothes and make sure I have planned exactly what to wear to FIL funeral tomorrow since we have to be outta here so early because of the long drive.

Hi girls,

Today was an official rest day! ;) It's been fun. I met some friends for lunch and now DH wants to take me out again tonight. I can honestly say that I'm tired of eating out for awhile. :) Dh sent me some flowers and balloons today. I had DD take some pics to show but we were acting silly and all the pics looked silly too. :D Here's the only one that showed me,the flowers and the balloons that didn't look like I was fighting them.
1d925284487f75f6183643fa353bf43a5d31f1b.JPG

Kathryn,
dca15b4e7e5a1e6f2ea5032ed5222e70740434b.gif
Sorry you picked up your DD's cold. :(

Vilma, I agree with Lisa. Your body is probably needing that rest so don't fret over it. It's good that you're paying attention. :)

Murph, I really like the 4DS step w/os but I enjoy step. It will take a few tries before you get it down but hang in there. It does get eas;)ier. These are a bit more complex than her other step w/os.
5fb25494f57545bb1a862b2dfa51a3fb4b3f3ed.gif
Celebrating your sleep!

Great buy, Lisa! I love shopping.
fcc1594f71561e6329cf20ee5565d560ba51006.gif
I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

Hi girls! Rhondaylyn, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are adorable! Lisa, Congratulations on the new job, It sounds like you will learn a lot! And you get to go shopping, too! Murphy, my youngest is 6, he just started sleeping thru the night, painful all the way around. Kathryn, I can relate to the sinus infections, it seems the kids all get a cold, give it to me and by that time it has mutated into the super virus, I hope you feel better soon. I am taking a couple rest days as I was looking at the calender and I haven't taken a day off in 3 weeks! We have a wedding out of town this weekend, so I'll see ya all mon. Mary

Hi everyone.

I am once again hormonally challenged! Its coming round faster and faster. I'm having a "I can't be bothered day today"

Rhondalyn -Happy Birthday, You look GREAT! The flowers are O.k. too;)

Murphy- I am totally hearing you and the little persons not sleeping. My bed is usually FULL by 1.00 a.m. and either my hubby or I move out. (of the bed) Although, theres no point in me moving as I move into my daughters single bed, then my three year old comes to find me and gets into bed with me! And wriggles and jiggles and kicks and keeps me awake so then I end up trying to put her back into her own bed!

I love HIS. I can't do and don't do LIS! Don't like it at all!:p

Vilma - What is an AF? Do you ever do any yoga? If yes which type do you do?

Lisa - I really enjoyed jari's workouts and next time, I'll be able to push myself harder. I found her DVD's actually harder than Cathes , muscle endurance. She's just very melotone.

Kathryn - Hope you feel better soon, nothing worse than a cold. No energy at all!

Hi Mary Have a great weekend

If I've left out anyone I'm really sorry, I'm just not myself today. I will be so glad to get over all this hormonal garb!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Well, I jinxed myself. The baby was sick last night, threw up 3 times (twice on me), so I put her in bed with me and she twisted and rolled and kicked and cried and etc. all night long. This week has not been a good workout week for me. I think I will go back to the old days where I did not plan rest days b/c life has a way a forcing rest days. I also have to stop fighting the lack of sleep and accept it as a way of life for the next few years.

Anyway, I hope all of you have a great weekend and exercise your brains out. See you on Monday.

Rhondalyn - loved the picture and I love your smileys.

Murph

Hello girls,

I did AoS Newport this morning. I didn't do but 2 minutes of the snatch test though and that was enough. :eek:

PoorMurph. I hope DS feels better soon and you are able to get some rest.

"I'm just not myself today. I will be so glad to get over all this hormonal garb! "
12b35cc14af177a55d87155b6deff9fced1f6f0_t.gif
I hate having days like that. Hang in there. I'm 2 years post and still have the flashes and crap. I don't know when it will stop for good. :(

Enjoy your rest days Mary and have a good time this weekend. :D

Thinking of you today Lisa.

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes and compliments on my pic.
5a715a427a55106613299c605c89f3d54e57dbc_t.gif
You're too kind.

Me again! :D I don't have much going on this weekend so thought I probably should report my w/o since I actually got one in on a Saturday. ;)

I did iTread Sprint 19 on the TM.

Lisa, are you okay? I don't remember how far it was or how long you said you would be gone. I hope the funeral went well.

Anyone else around today????:p

I'm here, I'm here! Yesterday totally wiped me out with the drive, the emotions and the visiting. I did manage to get in a workout this morning and did the Keith Weber Kbell DVD. Whew! Maybe not a good one to do for being wiped out, but I did it.

Rhondalyn, It means so much that you were thinking of me yesterday and checking in today. It was a TOUGH day in the beginning and then it was nice to visit with everyone, but it was all very draining. I hated seeing my DH in such emotional distress and I just wanted to hold him and take him away and protect him, but of course I couldn't.

Hi to everyone else, forgive me for not doing more personals......later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.