40 & over checkin - week of 8/10

0e715244725e1f65cf2de7cd3d900fab547b0d8.gif
Lisa. Wow! Nasty weather. We're still having some gorgeous weather here and I'm praying it stays. :D Your pic looks great! Very pretty. I like the new top.

Today I tested 1RMs for disc 2 and followed that with the first half of Solid Gold Step with Christi. I still love Christi's step. She never fails to lift my spirits.

25a25a04ef76c5d9153628bfeb8dd5e84a3c6d4.gif
everyone. I'll probably be around tomorrow also since I have no other plans. :)

Hi Ladies,

I am back! Well I was back from vacation with one post but then got sucked into a huge home project and lost all my computer time. We are getting ready to have a second (much needed with 5 people) bathroom put in our basement. They start work on Monday but we had to empty most of our basement so they could do the work. We have no garage so we had to rent a Rat Pack container for our driveway and load everything there. It was a lot of work but also a great chance to go through and give away and throw away a ton of stuff!! :D

So it was a busy week and my workout area is in the remaining part of the basement so I didn't get to do much while we got organized. I did walk every night for about 70 minutes so that is something. I will try to get some weight work in this weekend. You all are continuing to inspire me!

On the positive side if I did gain weight during vacation I seem to have taken it off and am back to where I was before I left. Still a long way to go but at least I am not back to the start again.

Lisa - Your picture is beautiful and I do like the shirts a lot! I hope you hear some good news about the job too.

Rhondalyn - Great workouts this week! I am impressed that you are doing all your 1rm's already. You will be good to go when STS comes. I am sure I will have questions I haven't even considered starting yet but my fitness level needs to increase anyhow so I guess I have time. Keep us posted as you do more of the discs.

Hi to Mary and anyone else out there! I hope to be around this weekend too so maybe I can drop by. Enjoy the summer weekends while they are here. We will be missing them soon. :cool:

Alison

Hi girls! I'm sorry I haven't been around, with the end of summer things have been so busy! The weather here has been perfect! Last night we went to the Indians game and it was a beautiful night in the city, they put on an amazing fireworks display, it was almost magical! Except for the drive home,(stuck in traffic!) Yesterday I did GSCT, I don't know about today. Lisa, did you hear about the job? Hi Rhondalyn, you have been working out hard. Alison, good luck with your renovation, our old house had one bathroom for 5, it didn't work out too well, we are better now with 3, it is hard to keep up on buying the toilet paper tho! Have a great day everyone. I'll BBL. Mary

Hey everyone! I just completed KPC. Glad that's done. It's still raining here and high of only 58....brrrrr.

I didn't get the job. No big deal. The chiros (both ladies) were very nice and would have been great to work for, but they found someone that had more chiro experiences than I. I've only been adjusted 2 times in my life, and frankly I don't believe that chiro heals all (my sis who is married to one preaches to no end about the bodies inate ability to heal thyself and preaches no drugs, no surgery). I'm actually a bit relieved, hey, but I tried. I'll enjoy staying home and DH loves me staying home as well.

Enough about me.

Rhondalyn, I think I figured out how I'll get my 1RM's started. I'm getting DH exercising (can only really get him going sat and sun). But if I don't do something then he doesn't, so I think on my rest day (sunday) I'll do some 1RMs while he's doing his thing. I may have questions for you once I get going.

Allison, OMG, your house renovation sounds like a lot of work....it will totally be worth it in the end though!

Mary, Not only is it hard keeping up with the TP in 3 bathrooms....cleaning them is a chore too (unless you have a cleaning lady...I don't).

Happy Saturday all! :D

I had a great w/o today and the scale went down almost a pound too.
e9735e24458678b057f810056407d4f2cc2ee00.gif
I did my PU challenge W2D3 but I struggled near the end. 15/15/12/12/15. My triceps are very sore from yesterday. I also did Steve Cotter's 20 min circuit KB w/o followed by 25 mins on the TM. I'm ready to rest tomorrow. I need to do another PU exhaustion test before starting week 3 and don't know if I'll try tomorrow or not. I don't want to get behind but I'll just see how I feel then.

It's good to see you back Alison. :D It sounds like you've got a big mess on your hands. We remodeled our basement last year to add my w/o room and I still have dust around from it. ;)

Hi Mary, your night did sound like fun. :)

Good idea, Lisa. I'm telling you up front though, if you try to do too many 1RM, it will not be a rest day. I am always sore after. Sorry about the job but it sounds like it's probably for the best anyway. Sorry about the
3a335a3644d87cf354c0129d69f01e4f38c6176.gif
too.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.