**40 & Over Check-in Week of 7/7**

trunyon

Cathlete
Hi ladies!

Today is my day of rest! Enjoyed a really good church service this morning and now I'm resting up for Monday and Tuesday of this week's rotation! Lisa and Happy Dance can you say YOWSA??!!!!

Kickmax was yesterday and I couldn't concentrate on it at all. I would have rather been doing "anything" else:eek: I did enjoy the leg conditioning drills}(

Headed to the grocery store now to get my staples for the protein pancakes!!!! And all the "good" food for next week!

Have a great week ahead!:7

Hi Everyone, ready to start a new week?!?! Hopefully everyone's eats went well over the long holiday weekend (sorry Andrea I know you are in Australia, is anyone else not in the US?). Mine went pretty well all things considered.

Tina and Happydance, are you ready for this week of the rotation? I'm going to have to sub a different workout for Monday since I don't have HSTA, I think I'll sub LIC. LIC doesn't have leg presses but I won't miss them. :+

Tina, I make lots of protein pancakes up way in advance and freeze them and then I just pop them into the toaster. Have you tried that?

Everyone else, have a great week!

Evening All,

Actually I am excited about the coming week! It always seems good to me to get back into the normal routine after a holiday weekend.

Tina and Lisa, do you use a particular recipe for the protein pancakes?

Talk to you tomorrow,

IndyMom

Indymom,

Tina posted the recipe in last weeks check in. Here it is again:
1 cup oatmeal (not cooked)
1 cup fat free cottage cheese
6 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

I grind up the oatmeal in a blender before adding everything else and then after I cook them all up in snack size portions, I freeze them and pop them in the toaster and spread with almond butter for a quick snack.

Good morning everyone,

I hope everyone had a good holiday. Mine was okay but I did not get a chance to exercise. :( I did the first hour of Drill Max today. I did not do the last 2 or 3 drills but I did do the stretch. I just could not do much after holding the ball against the wall. Tomorrow I plan to do Tracey Staehle's core blast. Has anyone tried it?

Murph

Happy Monday cougars! (well, maybe not but I'm giving it the old college try :+ )

I am very pleased to report NO WEIGHT GAIN over the long w/e! Yeah, I know, we're supposed to be losing weight but I usually gain 2-3 lbs of water weight over holiday weekends, so no weight gain is a weight loss for me! How do you like that logic? }(

I've had a total of 7 hours of exercise since leaving work on Thursday night:

Thurs night: back, bis, abs at the gym
Fri morning: ASC3
Sat morning: SZ strikes 2-11, KM KB combos, Ana Caban's Pilates for Abs
Sun morning: 20 minutes on arc trainer, 20 minutes on recumbent bike, tris/shoulders at the gym
Mon morning: Step Sweatfest

The progress continues. :)

Hello All!

My weekend was 'eh' I was in one of my foul hormonal moods (Have to blame hormones as Aunt Flo is not even due for another two weeks and I had god awfull cramps, backpain and just an overall Blah attitude), but I got up this morning vowing to shake it off.

I did a Cardio Coach Mish Mosh that was 50 min long, burned enough calories and had that great endorphin high then afterwards I tacked on Butts & Guts and now I am feeling like my ol' self again.

Amazing how just sweating it out and pushing hard works to elevate the mood.

Hi Lisa! Lucky you not having HSTA!!! I done it this morning and it sure is a "toughy"! Thousands of leg presses!!!!! I believe I'm subbing something...anything...for Tuesday's workout (probably LIC or Lowmax). It is Hardcore Extreme Intervals/Leg Blast premix. Which means, Imax 3 intervals and the leg conditioning drills from Kickmax AGAIN!!!! I do freeze the protein pancakes on ocassion.

Happydance - Have you done it yet? Did you survive?

Indymom - you can also add on to that recipe. I will sometimes put 1 to 2 tblsp of ground flax in it, somebody posted they put 1/2 scoop protein powder and another said pumpkin. They're really good!

Hi Murph - Drill Max is hard to me! Do you like it? I've never done anything of Tracey Staehle's...is that bad?

Vilma - you and I must of caught the same crappy mood bug;-) I felt that same way all day Saturday - finally got out of it Sunday! Thank goodness!!!!

LauraMax - all I can say to you is WOO-HOO!!!! You go girl!! You are SO on track!!! Can I hop aboard???

Hope all has a good night and good day tomorrow!

Sorry I haven't posted. I decided to take the weekend off. I am headed down for the HSTA! I won't eat dinner till it's done. Yeah, Tina - hope I survive. See you all after the workout!

Howdy everyone! What a busy day, I did LIC and then took my doggie for a walk. It was nice and cool here today, overcast and just a light sprinkle while we walked. My knees are feeling achy even though I just had a rest day and LIC is not all that bad on the knees. And then while I was walking my dog I turned to look at her because she was squatting for the umpteenth time and my right knee twisted uncomfortably and now it's hurting. I'm thinking I may need to take Glucosamine Condroitin and MSM again. That seemed to work the last time my knees were bothering me. Does anyone else take that? If so do you take it regularly? I hate to plunk down $$$ into a supplement if I don't really need it.

Murphy,
Drill Max is hard, I'm normally dead by the last drill. I am coming around to liking this workout a bit more each time I do it. Guess I'm just a glutton for punishment, especially Cathe punishment :p

Laura,
All I can say is WOW, you are putting everyone to shame! No weight gain is always a plus especially over a long weekend!

Vilma,
Exercise is good for the soul. I know that when I don't feel like doing it I just remember how much better I'll feel after. Now really, was it the exercise or Coach Sean's sexy voice? :7

Tina,
Do you think HSTA is one I should put on my to buy list? I don't have the high step yet either, I improvise with a mish mosh of steps that I have, what do you think is the high step something that would be a good to have, my mish mosh works pretty well for me so far? I don't want to do Hardcore Extreme Intervals/Leg Blast premix either, but since I have it I'll stick to it. The last time I did it I thought I was going to die, and was screaming at the TV. I hope my knee holds out because I want to conquer that workout and the only way is to keep on keeping on.x(

To everyone else, have a great night and a wonderful day tomorrow.

Hi everyone! Hope that everyone had a great weekend. I took the 4th off, power walk on Sat., GS legs on Sun., Now I have to get busy! I ate way too much this weekend. Too many treats all around. My MIL, keeps goodies all around! Hope that you have a good night. I need to get to my workout, it is late here, (at least for me!) Mary

Good Evening, everyone!

Yeeessss! I figured out how to open 2 windows to read and respond. Go into Cathe, minimize the window than Cathe again and minimize that window. (Ok, some of you already probably knew that but NOW I get it!! )

Friday I rode the bike at the gym for 45 min. to Cardio Coach #4 and then used the elliptical for 20 minutes. Got in 16 miles total.

IndyMom- Glad you are feeling the excitement for this week. I tried the pancakes and LOVE them.

Murph- I started to preview Tracey's core blast and never finished it. Maybe tomorrow I will go back to it again.

LauraMax - ^ 5 on the exercise and no weight gain.

Vilma- Great workout! Glad you pushed yourself and found that better mood.

Tina- Ugh! on the "half off" pushups on HSTA. I enjoyed the cardio portions. I need to get another riser as I only work with 4 risers right now.

Lisa- Maybe putting ice on the knee for 20 minutes will help. My doctor recommends G and C for my knees but I am with you on putting that kind of money into it. Does Hardcore Extreme Intervals/leg Blast premix have alot of step routines. I want to try and stick with what Cathe has posted for the rotation.

Mary - Yeah, I ate too much also - Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake does me in every time. But tomorrow is a new day.:7

Have a good night!

Hello Happydance, Lisa and Scubagirl!

Lisa - HSTA is a good workout! I like the variety - you do a cardio blast, leg presses (and you do oh so many) then an upper body routine. I think there are 5 intervals all together. I'd say if you have the money to spend and need a good new workout then go for it! As far as the risers and high step - I love mine! It seems I use the smaller step for alot things! Have you done HE Intervals/leg blast yet? I've never ever done Imax 3 in it's entirety and all those crazy moves seems to always bother my knees (especially the right one). BUT - I'm gearing up for it, drinking lots of water today, eating good....News @ 11:00 :eek:

Happydance - congratulations on learning the window thing!!!! Easier huh?:) I'm 5'0 and I only use 4 risers. I would like to get a couple more for STS! Lisa had a question about whether to add HSTA to her workouts - would you add your opinion too so she'll have a better idea on details of the workout.

I've done something to my knee too! I knelt down to brush my dog and felt a "ping" in my knee!!! I've had fluid on this knee a while back too! It isn't bad enough not to workout}(

Fish Oil is suppose to be really good for inflammation too - I take that and Ostio-Byflex (when I remember to take it)!

Hello all you 40+ ladies! Well, not such a good day for me. I've been awake since 3am with a migraine. This month has not been a good month for me, seems I've had all the PMS symptoms that one can get. Regardless, I did get thru HE Intervals/Leg blast workout, barely.

Tina,
I haven't learned all the IMAX3 step moves so I'm still staring at my TV dumbfounded at times. But that's ok, it gives me a break sometimes and then I can really give it my all on the blasts. I hope your knee gets better, mine was better today, just a bit stiff and then it worked itself out so that part of my body is feeling better at least. Now if the other parts would cooperate!

HappyDance,
The HE Intervals/Leg Blast does have a lot of the step routines from IMAX3....I'm still trying to get them down. It doesn't help that my memory fails me between workouts and I can't remember what the step routines are from one time to the next. I swear, once I hit 40 the mind started going. We have a joke in my house with the kids when they tell me that they already told me something, it's " I can't remember yesterday" :9

Mary (scubagirl),
Treats, seems there's always some somewhere. If it wasn't for my 16yo son who is stick thin then there would be much less tempation in this house. The important thing is is to not let the cheats derail your main plan/goal. Enjoy and then move on!

Better run for now, have a great day everyone.

Hello ladies,

Today was not a good day for me either. My oldest had problems sleeping which means that no one got any sleep. I hope to be able to squeeze in something after work, but that almost never happens. Hope the rest of you had/have better luck.

Murph

Hello-

I just finished HCE/Interval Blast with Legs. I haven't done step in awhile (my knees and all) but I have to say that I didn't do too bad well, except when I thought the dvd was almost done and Cathe says something about doing leg conditioning drills and I went "HUH?" What was that that I just did?". I couldn't believe how I had sweat trickling down my face on the leg conditioning drills.

Tina- Maybe I will try the By-Flex. Re: Windows -Thank you - Don't know why I hadn't thought of it before.

Lisa- Regarding HSTA. My weak moments were the tricip pushups and what I call the half off pushups off the riser platform. But I don't do well with pushups anyway. I would recommend the dvd. Just my 2 cents.

Murph - Good Luck getting in your workout. Hope your oldest sleeps better tonight!

Have a great evening ladies. We are watching either "P.S. I love you" or "The Bucket List". Probably the Bucket List since I heard the P.S. is a tearjerker.

Tomorrow I look forward to Pyramid Upper Body Plus Bonus Cardio. What is it Cathe says "You can do anything for a minute" or something like that anyway.
:p

Abbie

Hellos to EveryBody!

Just a quick fly by post to say hello

Just finished with another CC run on the TM but today has been exhausting for me.

I went to bed way past my bedtime past midnight and then had to wake up early with no time for my workout to get my 15 1/2 yr old over to the doctor's since he was scheduled to have minor surgery on his left hand to remove some skin after a very nasty spider bite. All is well with him and he now sports 9 stitches along with dressings I need to change for him every so often.

I'm just dead tired from today but hope all are doing well.

Just a quick hello to all. Today I did imax extreme from the terminator and mowed the grass. Hopefully sleep will find me easy tonite. It's not falling asleep it is staying asleep that is my goal! We had some terrible thunderstorms here this afternoon and now the cable is out, which is ok, but I do fall asleep to law and order, so I hope that it is back up by bedtime! Hope all is well with all. Have a good nite. Mary

Hi everybody! I'm just SO thankful that today is PUB!!! After HSTA and HE Intervals/Leg Blasts, I want my mommy! LOL Just ready for upper body:7

Mary - what does Imax Extreme from the Terminator consist of? Sounds tough x(

Vilma - Hi CC queen! Would you say that's your favorite (besides Cathe of course?) Glad your son is ok!!! That's scary.

Abbie - I read your post last and I was just dying laughing!!!! It seemed like I kept saying at the end of each interval and blast, "you mean there is more"?????? I believe we can burn some major fat and calories with this workout don't you?

Lisa - I feel the same way about the moves in Imax 3 - I think that's why I've never finished it!!! I may try one day because I sure did get a great sweaty workout!!!! I hope your migraine is gone - I get those too and they sure are no fun at all!!!!

Murph - How are you today? Better I hope!

Hello HappyDance and Laura!! And anybody else I missed (I feel so bad thinking I left somebody out)

Hello Gals!

After a solid 8 hour sleep I awoke refreshed and feeling good.

My workout this morning consisted of 4DS BC/KB cardio premix, followed with CCPump.

That last drill from 4DS BC aggravated my left shoulder so I ended up doing jumping jacks during that last drill and since I knew I was going to do controlled push ups with Coach Sean and didn't bother with Cathe's version of Burpees.... gosh how I dislike burpees anyway http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/rolleyes010.gif

Rest Day coming up tomorrow but I'm thinking of pulling out my vhs yoga zone Stress & Relaxation tape for Thursday.

It's also my baby girl's 10 th Birthday tomorrow and I just can't believe it already! My 'baby baby' is growing up too soon!

Tina- Me CC queen? LOL

Well I have been on a CC thing lately but I enjoy how the time flies by so quickly and I always feel I got a good run when I have Coach Sean talking to me but I also enjoy my iTreads too which I've been neglecting lately .

I go in spurts where I feel I can't get enough of Cathe's cardio then I switch over to my runs.

Hearty Hellos to Everybody! That way I don't leave any one out.

I hope you all enjoy your day, I have birthday shopping to do plus my DH is off so I need to get going.

Huggles Chickadees :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.