4-ft. standard barbell?

catwoman7631

Cathlete
Does such a thing exist? I have a very small space to work out in, and the barbell I have is very long. It's a pain to use it in such cramped quarters. Many times I use dumbbells instead. I would love a 4-ft. one, but a Google search comes up empty. 5-ft. seems to be the shortest. I found a short EZ curl bar on Amazon, but I'd really prefer a straight, standard (not Olympic) bar. Does anyone have a shorter bar? If so, where did you get it? Thanks!

Thanks everyone!

Belinda, I'm tempted by the PINK set, but I'm not sure I could use other plates on that one and I'm trying to cut back on buying new DVDs/systems. That is a really good price though... :)

Zenara25, I like the one in your link and I don't mind the extra plates. Not a bad price either. That could be the winner!

Thanks everyone!

Belinda, I'm tempted by the PINK set, but I'm not sure I could use other plates on that one and I'm trying to cut back on buying new DVDs/systems. That is a really good price though... :)

Zenara25, I like the one in your link and I don't mind the extra plates. Not a bad price either. That could be the winner!

This above has reminded few elements to think about taking a barbell purchase decision:

• The barbell should be versatile enough to add plate as you get stronger.
  • a spring collar barbell is better. This enable you to change, swap and add plates quickly.--- Pyramid programs;):rolleyes::p
  • The barbell width, I prefer a slight wider width for ez-barbell so I can specifically hit arm more efficiently. This enable to work forearms and Hand grips at the same time, basically full arm is worked.:):):)
Jodi all the best in your purchase. I think I will get myself another barbell LOL:D. 5.5-ft spring collar chrome barbell. I already have 4.
Hmmm:rolleyes::rolleyes:. Need this longest for Barbell row --- Heavy barbell row and deadlift. Big muscles such as legs and back I feel comfortable to use long barbell. Smaller muscles, shorter barbells. My ez are short ones and they are fine.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

You have FREE return with Groupon :) Can't beat the price :) I think, I can use my other plates on the barbell ? And yes, I ordered the PINK set :oops:

The PINK barbell comes with triangle shaped plates. Nothing else I can find has that wonky shape and I think the site went out of business so short of purchasing another complete system I've found no way to add weight to it.

Does such a thing exist? I have a very small space to work out in, and the barbell I have is very long. It's a pain to use it in such cramped quarters. Many times I use dumbbells instead. I would love a 4-ft. one, but a Google search comes up empty. 5-ft. seems to be the shortest. I found a short EZ curl bar on Amazon, but I'd really prefer a straight, standard (not Olympic) bar. Does anyone have a shorter bar? If so, where did you get it? Thanks!

Jodi,
I had the same problem with too much bar and not enough space. I had the really long "chrome" barbell. I hack-sawed 6" off each end. Worked great. I now have a shorter barbell that weighs 10# instead of 15#!

Debbie Russo

Belinda, you are so funny! Did you buy the PINK set before or after you started the thread for not buying anything new? LOL!! It is tempting...

:p:D:p before, I started the thread:p:D:p I have no idea why I bought the PINK set:oops: ?? I needed the set like I need a hole in my head:D

I need to use what I already have.

The PINK barbell comes with triangle shaped plates. Nothing else I can find has that wonky shape and I think the site went out of business so short of purchasing another complete system I've found no way to add weight to it.

My set should be here soon, I will let you know if my other plates fit :) looks like they will??

I tried regular oly plates on my PINK bar this morning. With some clips it might work but I'm not going to trust a lot of weight. The triangle shape mean all the plates kind of slide around. Not sure if anyone else has had any luck using other weights

The Troy Lite Barbell is an option at 54" http://www.amazon.com/Troy-Barbell-Strength-Training-Set/dp/B0067A0AUC
US Weights makes a shorter barbell (1" diameter) that you can pick up on walmart.com (sometimes in some stores) or at Academy Sports.
Golds Gym has a shorter barbell set that you can sometimes find at walmart or on walmart.com

Not sure I would risk those plates on the PINK barbell.
I did replace my plate clips with these and a love them... can use them even on barbells that have threading: http://www.amazon.com/Standard-Lock...id=1452827545&sr=8-4&keywords=lock+jaw+collar

I agree, regular plates don't fit on the PINK barbell :( I am not even sure you can find plates for the PINK barbell?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.