2 ?'s, 1 on weight& 1 on weights

hello everyone! i have 2 ?'s, im 5'1, 16 years old, and weigh 120. this weightloss web site i went to tould my that im over weight but im not fat, i weight train alot, so is it because of my muscle i weigh so much or is it because im really over weight? also, ive been really busy with research papers etc and i havent had time to lift or kickbox or any thing like that,when i take breaks from studying,i just put all my books in my messenger bag and lift with them, im in bare feet, will that hurt my knees or my feet because im shoe-less? thanx alot!

Hi, Xx0michi0xX! (Whatever that stands for! :) )

Don't pay too much, if any, attention to height-weight tables no matter where you find them - on The Web or in the doctor's office. You're right in questioning that, because scale weight does NOT measure the composition of the weight: bone, lean muscle tissue, fluids, or body fat (which itself can be a mix of essential fat and storage fat).

You're just fine the way you are - in fact, ahead of the game because you work out AND lift weights -but do try to get back to a workout program even if you have a lot of other things going on. You'll find that your workouts help you think and study better.

IMHO, your lifting your heavy book bag in your bare feet is not really a good idea, because your book bag was not built for weight lifting. Again, try to get back to a workout schedule that includes real weights, even if it's fewer times per week that you usually do and/or less time per session.

Glad to have you with us!

Annette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.