1rm easier than you think

I substituted todays wo for 1RM test for Back and Tri . Total of 19 tests. I completed them in a little over 2 hours with 5 min rest between exercises.:D:D
If we really are getting STS by new year I wouldn't put off testing past Dec 15. If you usually work one body part per week and only have about an hour, you will need 2 1/2 weeks.
Joan

Yikes! I am going to be in trouble. I was hoping the tutorial would come out soon, then I wouldn't have to look up all the exercises; I'd like to be efficient and get done in an orderly way, quickly -- and was thinking the tutorial would be a great aid... I am unsure of what all the exercises are, and I think it would take me too long to look up many exercises...

:confused:

Yikes! I am going to be in trouble. I was hoping the tutorial would come out soon, then I wouldn't have to look up all the exercises; I'd like to be efficient and get done in an orderly way, quickly -- and was thinking the tutorial would be a great aid... I am unsure of what all the exercises are, and I think it would take me too long to look up many exercises...

:confused:

Hi Linda; I'm with you... there are LOTS on there that I do not know what the exercises are... Apparently I am going to spend sleepless nights googling exercises! :)

Since you have to wait 5 minutes between tests, it is very easy to look up exercises. Really it is easier than you think.
Joan

I have to say that it is easier than I thought. I have completed 95% of my 1rm testing. The only exception was some legs exercises in Meso 3, there are some that I am not familar with so I will wait until the tutorial is available. But I have to agree it is a lot easier than I thought, I guess I was making it harder than it is.. Veronica :D

Since you have to wait 5 minutes between tests, it is very easy to look up exercises. Really it is easier than you think.
Joan

Hi Joan,
You make it sound so easy..............(!)
You put me on the computer researching something(looking up the exercise in those 5 minutes in between the exercises), then you've got me looking up random other things -- I get so sidetracked when I am on the internet. :confused: It may take me 15 minutes to look up one exercise -- I am really not kidding:eek:.

Is there a particular site that you found all the exercises described, or did you have to go to various sites to find the one exercise?
Also do some exercises that you find have different names than what is listed on the workout card?
You can see how I can make things difficult...

Yes, I'll be googling with Dani!

I am such a procrastinator....

Last edited:
When I typed the name of the exercise usually one of the 1st three listed was a video of that exercise. Only one exercise was different scapular retractions. There were a couple of variations, but when I entered on wo manager it was to be done standing up. I used web search in my program rather than google, but there is probably not that much difference. I would look in the library for a book with pictures of each exercise if you get too distracted on internet. I found I recognized the exercise from Cathe's dvds. I just didn't know the name.
Joan

How to print workout cards?

Hi - How can you print out the workout cards for these discs. I can only see where you do the 1RM calculator entry. Help!

In some forum I was able to cut and paste all the exercises so I thought it would be good to get the 1RM done then enter them, but I'd like to know how I can print these. Plus, doesnt this program then tell you what weights to use for each mesocycle?

I'm not computer illiterate, but this program makes me wonder!!

I never thought I would be purchasing the STS. I figured it wasn't for me, but now that I ordered it a couple of weeks ago, I want to figure this out.
Thanks for any input!:rolleyes:

Hi - How can you print out the workout cards for these discs. I can only see where you do the 1RM calculator entry. Help!

In some forum I was able to cut and paste all the exercises so I thought it would be good to get the 1RM done then enter them, but I'd like to know how I can print these. Plus, doesnt this program then tell you what weights to use for each mesocycle?

I'm not computer illiterate, but this program makes me wonder!!

I never thought I would be purchasing the STS. I figured it wasn't for me, but now that I ordered it a couple of weeks ago, I want to figure this out.
Thanks for any input!:rolleyes:

Hi there...

if you go back to page 2 of this thread you will see about the middle of the page, there are a few instructions to getting to the workout cards...

In Workout Manager. go to Calendar
Click on a calender date (any date will do) The actual number in the date box, and all the different categories of workout should come up.
Where it says STS workouts, click Add New.
The Schedule an STS Workout dialogue box should appear.
Select the disc number you would like from the drop down list. Then that workout will appear with all the exercises it contains.
And then scroll to the bottom and click on the button that says (Print and Save Workout Card).

Hope this helps
Saundra

and SNM did a little clarification a few entries following Saundra...

Hope that helps a bit... you just have to play with Workout Manager a bit and see what it does :) There is lots of good stuff in there...

I just found the STS Social group, and this link Thanks to Rhondalyn (Pugw)... it is a list (and animation - just place your cursor over the exercise and see what the little guy does) of a lot of the standard exercises:

http://www.thetrainingstationinc.com/exercises.html

I'm sure there are other sites, but this one seems to be a good place to start (mostly cuz I didn't have to search for it!) hope this helps on some of the questions I will have... since I have only done 2 1RM tests! :eek:

I just found the STS Social group, and this link Thanks to Rhondalyn (Pugw)... it is a list (and animation - just place your cursor over the exercise and see what the little guy does) of a lot of the standard exercises:

http://www.thetrainingstationinc.com/exercises.html

I'm sure there are other sites, but this one seems to be a good place to start (mostly cuz I didn't have to search for it!) hope this helps on some of the questions I will have... since I have only done 2 1RM tests! :eek:

oooh nice link, Dani. Hope that will help me fill in some of the blanks. I have't started yet, but keep saying I will soon. I have 3 embarrassed faces !:eek::eek::eek: This will help, but, I keep holding out for the SNM tutorial. I hope they announce that it is available to access pretty soon.

Thanks again for the link:D

Thank you so much!

Thank you both for your help in STS. It's made all the difference:D
I didn't know we had to click on the actual number of the day in the calendar. I was just clicking in the space itself and getting frustrated.

So, I plugged in the first three discs on the calendar and printed the workouts so I can get to testing the 1RM. After seeing the youtube of mesocycle #3.....it's got my attention - yowser!!:eek:

Right now I have the first three discs back to back even tho Cathe says to have day in between. We'll see how it goes. I figured since the first two discs are upper body I could handle it, the third disc is legs and I'm sure I'll take a day off after that. Going forward though, I can't imagine myself only working out three days per week (plus the ab routines).

What's everyone else think?

Signed,
Getting Busy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.