********12 WEEKS CHALLENGE****** Sunday 3/16

luckyruns

Cathlete
Morning Girls :) :)

I'm up and at it early. It's my rest day. YAY :) :)

DD has an indoor soccer thing today. It's her final one. She is senior and has been playing since she was 4. Cool, huh? :) She will play for a college this fall. Did I mention she made MVP for her division and also 4th team in New York State? Yup--I'm proud :)

Any how---

I need to get myself in the shower and on the road. The place where they are playing today is like 30mins away. Should be fun.

I'll be back after the shower :)

This is my final week of the challenge. What week are all of you on?

BBL

Good Morning girls

Kath-How proud you must be of your DD:) My dd wants to get into soccer as well,shes in kindergarten. Enjoy your rest day,you deserve it! I just placed tosca renos clean eating cookbook on hold at my local library. LOL,im such a tighta$$ i just refuse to buy anybook until iam able to read it first;-)

hey to the rest of the gang:)

Today is the first day of my tenth week in this challenge,i plan on continuing my current rotation until the scale stops moving-then i'll move onto another rotation! I think the six mini meals a day has really helped me change things up a bit and get my metabolism moving agian!

Last week was a complete waist of a week ,so i will just ignore it:7. As soon as my ankle gets better i will start working out agian,hopefully tommorrow. It kinda hurting today but the swelling is going down,its hard to elevate it every couple of hours when ive got so many other things to dox( ,my dh is helping though-hes such a sweety

ok,bbl

New week Amelia--ignore the last :) :) That's what I say. I'm a firm believer too--no excuses. :) If you want any recipes --just email me hon.

Weight is down a pound--so I made my goal weight of 116 Woot Woot. Body Fat is holding steady. That's ok too.

I need to get my a$$ out the door. DD call and a friend didn't bring shin guards and she wants to let her use her spare pair--had to go digging through the junk closet--- and I mean junk and digging :):) It's hard to shut that door LOL!!!!

Becca: I emailed you :) :)

Off I go

Good morning, girls!

Kath-recipes? Did somebody mention RECIPES? I'm a recipe JUNKIE! Willing to share any with the group? Enjoy DD's soccer game and revel in her MVP status! Congrats on hitting your weight goal too! FANTASTIC DAY for you, my dear!

Amelia-KEEP ON TRUCKIN'!!!!!!!! New week. Fresh start!

Good morning, girls! Happy Sunday! It's raining here, but from the forecast, it's supposed to dry up this afternoon. We'll see! HA!

I, for one, have DOMS!!!!!!!!!!!! Lats, shoulders, upper back, triceps, obliques, even the bend in my ELBOW hurts from yesterday's CK with weighted gloves! LOL LOVE IT SO MUCH! I felt the DOMS creeping on last night before I even hit the bed!

Today is 7-10 miles for me. I would like to do them outside, but it will depend on the weather and what I can do with my kids. I COULD have gotten up early to do these miles on the TM, but I a)wanted extra sleep and b)would like to do it outside. I'll keep you posted.

I think starting this coming week, for upper body, I'm going to use my P90X upper body workouts. I want to change things up for upper body, and the X works you to exhaustion, just like BFL. So I may do a split UB this week with the X workouts. Again, we'll see!

OK...kids had a friend sleep over last night and now I have to feed the masses! HA!

Gayle

Hi everyone. Entering my last week of the challenge here too. NOT where I wanted to be, but I feel like I've gotten my head back in the game a bit and I will count that as a victory.

That being said, I've decided to do the BFL challenge (women's version) starting after Spring Break (which starts on Friday). Will apply the principles this week, then we'll go on vacation and THEN I'll hit the challenge full bore starting the 1st week of April. I already have all the principles in my toolbox - it's just USING THE TOOLS.

Sounds easy, but ... well, we all know ...

Feeling almost normal (still a little chest congestion, but very loose (sorry if TMI)) so I did a 20min iTread on my elliptical. Since I don't have speed numbers I had to guess, but I was dripping at the end so I must have done OK. Time for me to get some more water and hit the shower.

Have a great day everyone!:+

Good Sunday to all,

No workout out for me yesterday - am having a hard time getting my energy back though I tried to eat enough yesterday.

Did take advantage of my "down time" and read NROLW - was a good read and has quite a good lifting program in it too. It is a long one though and I'm not sure yet if I want to start and then have STS show up. That would be quite a quandry for me}(

Think I need a "lowered" intensity workout next week anyway since I'm not recovering very fast from the doggone cold bugx(

Kath - a big congrats to DD ! So exciting that she is continuing soccer at college. That is so neat - you should be very proud (as I am sure you are:7 ). And congrats to you for being dedicated and consistent so you could reach your goal !

Amelia - I picked up the Clean Eating magazine this past week at Barnes & Noble. You can go online to www.cleaneatingmag.com and download a free eating plan. Maybe you could get a head start before you get Tosca's book from the library. Good recipes and an easy to follow food plan. Hope your ankle continues to heal so you can get back to your regular workouts.

Gayle - How heavy are your gloves? I have used the weighted balls that came with a Taebo DVD but they didn't help much. Wonder if using some light 2 lb. dumbells would work? Have fun with your house full of kids !

Andrea - BFL sounds like a great program that has worked for many on these forums. Like you, I kept up the challenge (until this week) with my exercise, but didn't keep it up on the food end of things. Somehow I need to get my willpower back and get a move on - though I did drop a few and leaned up a little so I am in a better place than before. I think you mentioned the same a while back too. At least we got that far. Cheers to a better time on the food side of things this next quarter !

Have a Super Sunday y'all !

Afternoon Girls:) I'm back DD's team lost in the semi's. Thats ok-- they had fun and met up with a few new teams.

Is everyone sticking with this check-in after their 12 weeks?

I know I'm planning on starting a new 12 weeker. I think with this one--I'm measuring on a friday a.m. I know I won't be dropping too many pounds now as that I'm seeking to tone up more. So perhaps measuring would be a good tool to try. AGAIN-- as I've said before--I am not a slave to the scale or numbers or calories. This is a LIFE STYLE and I want it to work as smoothly as can be. If it's forced I know it won't stick--make sense?

Gayle: I think Ive messaged ya a few times on recipes. Feel free to email if you would like any.

Where is Lori today? Off doing 12 miles and boot camp and butts and guts and circuits? :) :)

Gonna surf around and check out some other check-ins

Enjoy your Sunday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.