100 rep challenges purpose

100 rep challenges work best for isolation exercises and that was main our focus with these challenges. We're not trying to give you a total body workout with the XTrain 100 rep challenges. Instead most of the challenges are done to help you improve smaller isolation muscles that are the weak link in your attempt to work larger compound muscles like your chest and back.

Best time to insert a 100 rep challenge?

When is the best time to insert one of the 100 rep challenges. In other words, should I do the 100 rep challenge for triceps on a day when I am already working my triceps as a bonus add-on, or on a day when I am doing cardio, or working legs? My typical workout schedule looks like this:
interval/ HIIT cardio (eg IMAX 2 or 3, Low Max, XT All Out)
Circuit (eg Afterburn, Bootcamp, LI Circuit) + Core
Total body weights (eg Mus Max, Mus Endurance, High Reps)
"Spin" (eg a class or Xt Ride on elliptical) + Core
Circuit (same as above)
Lower body exhaustion (eg GS legs, Butts and Guts, LB Blast plus Spin/ XT Ride)
Upper body exhaustion (eg GS Timesav BSB and CT, or PUB plus swim or kickbox workout)

Because of my work schedule, I usually get a day of rest in there somewhere, but it varies week to week.
Thanks for the advice on inserting 100 rep challenges.

I usually add mine to a day when I am working that body part. If I am doing bi's & tri's together I will do one of the 100 rep challenges that day(for ex. tri's) and add bi's to my leg or cardio day. I never seem to be able to do the hip thrusts on leg day so I add that in usually on a lighter day or sometimes on upper body days.

Cathe has mentioned doing them as a polisher at the end of a workout (so triceps 100 rep at end of triceps workout) or later following a different workout but at least two days after working to targeted muscle to allow for recovery from the previous weight workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.