1B Hip Thrusts 4 sets 8 reps
2A Stepback Lunges 3 sets 8 reps
2B Landmine one arm split stance row 3 sets 12 reps
3A Tall Kneeling To Standing 3 sets 2 reps
3B Cat Camel Stretch 3 sets 10 reps
4A KB Farmer Carry 3 sets 20 yards
4B Perfect Pushup 3 sets max reps
Tuesday workout done!

Karen, I don't even know what some of that stuff is, but sounds tough! Today was another upperbody day starting with an 8 set bench pyramid from 135 155 175 195 205 175 155 135. I really am weaker than just a few weeks ago I think but did sets of 8 except at 195 and 205, so maybe just pre exhausted. On accessories I did 4 sets each, shoulders: 3 sets of seated BB militaries, 1 set of side lat/ front raises Back: 3 sets of heavy 1 arm cable pulls and 1 set of pullovers, tri's: 3 sets of pushdowns and 1 set of kickbacks, bi's: 3 sets of BB curls and 1 set of hammer curls. Off to a meeting followed by a baseball game....do your thang friends!

Karen, I didn't know what some of those moves were either. I looked them up and wowza! That workout was no joke. Especially the kneeling to standing. That move with dumbbells would be a real wind sucker. How long do these longer workouts take? I asked my DH what "tensile " means since it sounds science-based, which apparently it is.

Tom, nice workout! I can't wrap my head around the baseball game. I've never been a fan. Moves too slowly for my ADHD personality!!!

Advanced Step Choreography Live on this busy Wednesday. Gotta jet, have a great day!

Today was Mindy Mylrea's Fluid Strength. Difficult and very good. Forgot I had this one. I do the Strength workout four days a week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Each workout is about an hour. Today was a rest day, or a whatever day. I chose a whatever, and it kicked my butt. Think I will choose rest next time.That's about it!

Abs abd deads today. A 3 set superset of cable crunches x 25/ alt knee to chest x 80 and deads 205 x 8 (sumo) 255x5 (sum0) 275 x 3 (conv) and 295 x 3 (sumo). Wasn't pretty or bragable but did something at least! Off to work, filling in, do good my friends!!

Karen, thanks for the program info. Mindy Mylrea drives me bonkers personality wise, but her workouts are no joke! Definitely not easy or rest day material! Have you transitioned to retirement yet? Hope your DH is doing well.

Tom, at least you made your grand appearance in your workout dungeon. Better than a no show. You can brag about that!

Today I did ICE DVD Metabolic Conditioning. I typically went anywhere from 2-5 lbs over Cathe's dumbbell weight, which DEFINITELY took this out of intermediate range! I wasn't feeling it when I started but it ended up being a goodie. Yay for Thursday!

Better bench day, 12 set pyramid up to 215 x3, and it felt like 205 last time. I did shorter sets working up and longer sets coming down, finishing with 2x8 at 135 without the block. I couldn't quite touch but really got a good stretch those last 2 sets. Accessories were chins 3x8, db press (55s) 3x8, skullcrushers (45s) x10 10 8 and db curls (45s) x10 10 8. Way to push weight Lisa, and Karen..always "killin it"! Y'all "keep inspirin, while I'm tirein"!!
Have a great Friday friends.

I know what you mean, Lisa. Mindy can be so hyper that I can't listen to her. She's more calm in this DVD, and It's very good.
Good work Tom. Nothing like a better bench.
Yesterday was a lawn mowing day. Today was:
1A Ab wheel roll out, very slow count. Killer. I haven't been bracing my abs, and tilting my pelvis. Makes them much more difficult. Dean Somerset demonstrates all the moves on You Tube. Half these moves, I have no clue. So I watch him demonstrate them.
1B BB Front Squat 4 sets 5 reps
2A BB Bent over row 4 sets 12 reps
2B KB Swing 20 reps
3A Body weight cossack squat 3 sets 5 reps
3B DB Row 3 sets 8 reps
4A Chin up 3 sets max reps (for me 6) yea, I know
4B Glute Ham Raise 3 sets 8 reps
That's it! When I see it on paper, it doesn't look like much, but it kicked my butt! I think it's cuz I usually rip through a workout, this workout has a cadence. So many counts up, hold for so many, then lower for two or three counts. That's how it should be, but lately I'm just trying to gitter done! Today I followed the rules, and kicked my own butt.
Later!
PS. Gave my two week notice. Last day of work 05/31/2018. uh huh. (Snoopy dance here)

Half a$$ed legs...half the sets, half the reps, half the effort and half the desire....from this half wit...THIS ONE SUCKED!! It was, however all I was able to do today, don't know why, but that was it, simply pathetic! I refuse to post workout details on the grounds it may tend to incriminate me and cause me to lose commando status! (I'm taking the fifth!). Hopefully this is mental and not just old age.
Karen, that slow cadence stuff is killer, like slow and heavy, really makes things harder, and, by the way, looks tough on paper to me (but what do I know, I "weenie out" on normal leg days)! Big congrats on your 2 weeks notice, me thinks you are going to luv it!!
Lisa, I love your competive spirit, 1 upping Cathe! That aint easy...good work! I'm out friends, have a great weekend!

Had me a "delt fry", on an old fashion shoulder day. 20 sets, starting with seated BB militaries 115 x8x8x7 side laterals 30s 3x10 rear delt flys 50s 3x12 alt front raise 30s 3x12 BB shrugs 225 3x25 ez bar press 90 3x10 and finished with seated db press 40s 2x12. Much better day today, both physically and mentally! We have a family type reunion starting Friday so I bumped things up a day. My nephew and his wife are physcians and have a lake house in South Carolina and son 1 chartered a flight this year instead of driving...trading 12-13 hours for 2 1/2 hours, and that's great...IF WE SURVIVE! We researched the plane and it has a terrific safety record and the pilot has tons of hours in the plane so hopefully all is good!
That is it for me I guess, enjoy what's left of the weekend!

Had a "delt fry" on an old fashioned shoulder day. I think I have been slacking on shoulders volume wise during this bench heavy time so I decided to hit them with a 20 set blitz. Started with 3 sets of seated militaries 115x8x8x7, side laterals 30s 3x10, rear delt flys 50s 3x12, alt db front raise 30s 3x12, BB shrugs 225 3x25, ez bar standing press 90 3x10 and seated db shoulder press 40s 2x12. Felt much better, mentally and physically and this felt right!
My nephew and his wife are physicians and have a lake home in South Carolina, They have a sort of family reunion with my kids and their families and us and this year it is over Memorial Day weekend. My son decided to charter a plane instead of driving, making the trip 2 1/2 hours instead of 12 1/2...can live with that IF we make it there and home! If y'all don't hear from me next week...we didn't make it! Should be interesting since son 1 will take his 3 dogs and we will take our new addition. My nephew has 2 dogs and with our 4 we are bringing, throwing in 7 kids may be interesting.
That's it for me friends, moved things up a day to get in a full week...hopefully BECAUSE tomorrow will legs..AGAIN!! SHOOT ME NOW.

Well, I tried, really did on another leg day. Started with 5 sets of bench squats and AGAIN, almost quit after the first set but did work up to a double at 205, which, while pathetic, was the first time I have put over 200 on the bar for squats for a long time. Next were 2 x8 db squats, 3x15 gob squats, 3x8 rev lunges, 3x12 sumo squats and 2x20 kb swings. For calves was 3x20 BB calf raises and 3x20 single leg calf raises. I threw in 2 supersets of alt knee to chest in plank position and cable crunches. Today was better, but I think heavy leg days may be a pipe dream. I wish I had a leg press machine because I think it might help me get a heavier leg workout because it is difficult even holding the bar on squats and BB calf raises...shoulders are almost more a problem than the muscle group being worked! I have seen those bars with extensions forward and I think those would help as well, but leg presses might be better on hips and knees...maybe? Anyway, a better leg day was had!!
May your Monday be merciful friends! Karen, only 1 more!!!! (working Mondays that is)

Tom, your trip to the lake house sounds like the kind of vacation that a contestant would win on Wheel of Fortune! How fun! Well, you fried your delts as always. I'm not the best person to ask about leg press machines but when I have used them at the gym, they tend to hurt my knees. Maybe that's just me

Karen, tick tock tick tock goes the countdown to retirement clock!

Not a lot of free time these days, doing lots of legal work. I am still momming and still exercising, of course. Did a couple Cathe Lives to end last week and today was KCM Trim Down, which is boxing plus metabolic.

I will probably be hit and miss with my posting but I will be reading and liking! Have a great week!

Can't remember if I posted my Monday workout, but here it is:
1A Stir the Pot 4 sets 8 reps
1B BB Deadlifts 4 sets 5 reps
2A Kneeling pallof press 3 sets 8 reps
2B Turkish Get up 3 sets 1 rep
3A Hip Press & Reach 3 sets 7 reps
3B DB shoulder Carry 3 sets 20 yards
4A Incline DB Chest Press 3 sets 12 reps
4B Lateral Lunge to Overhead Driver 3 sets 7 reps
That's it!! But it was a killer! I think I'm getting wimpy (I will pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today) I'm probably the only one that remembers that.
Surprise of all surprises! DH appeared on my doorstep over the weekend (wanted to surprise me) Will be here all week! Yaaayyy!
Years and years ago, just after high school, I dated a guy that had his pilot's license. His dad had a plane. It was fun, in a kinda scary way. He went on to become a military pilot, and after that, he flew for Pan Am. Enjoy Tom, what a great excursion, with family no less!
Lisa, don't work too hard, I know the kiddos keep you busy, and now law "stuff!" You're amazing!!
Later!!

Surprise of all surprises! DH appeared on my doorstep over the weekend (wanted to surprise me) Will be here all week! Yaaayyy!

I remember Wimpy!!!! Tough workout girl, lots of sets...good going! Glad DH is home to " supervise"!!

Karen, I don't just like this, I LOVE THIS!!! You enjoy, you two crazy lovebirds!

Tom, I'm glad you remember Wimpy because I sure don't. I remember the Dunkin' Donuts guy...time to make the donuts. Is that close enough?

LOL, I thought Karen said he was here to "supervise"...geeze, must have been reading too late at night!
Today was back and bi, short but pretty intense. I decided to push all sets a little harder and do more reps the first set. Starting with chin ups x12 x8x8, pullovers x12 10 8, 1 arm cable pulls x8x8x8(had to drop weight after the first set of these). For bi's, ezbar curls x12 x10x8 and db curls x12 10 8. Only took about 40 min, but more effort than it looked!
Lisa, Wimpy was probably before you were born! When I was in Jr. High there was a place in my town called Wimpy's Wigwam and it was a hamburger joint, probably named after Wimpy. All for me my friends..make today a good day!

Today was a pretty much medium weight thang. Chest and tri, 8 sets of flat bench, only up to 2 triples at 205, then skullcrushers x12 x10 x8 and pushdowns x12x 10x 8 and that was it! Maybe poor planning because I was going to do arms tomorrow and tris were already sore from pullovers yesterday (those always make tris sore for me, think it is a stretching thing). Off to work, hope "hump day Wed" treats y'all well!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.